Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #31
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

i tend to like webslueths but im a newbie there so i cant really say much yet. i did however notice a lot of banned members....sorta makes me scared to post anything serious
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #32
karenjanee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShewhoRemembers
New one, done with WS as it is now. Used to be a good place to debate lots of varied theories. Now each case varies in its "victim friendliness" depending on what the group consensus and those who dissent face time outs for calling the hive mentality what it is.

I am following a new one lately. It appears to be encouraging actual debate of alternate theories and not just the ones espoused by management or whoever yells the loudest. No mobbing allowed. So far so good, hoping their membership grows so more voices are added to the discussion.
What site would that be? can you PM it?
karenjanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
seeyoulater
First Time Poster

I hope this doesn't get me banned here too, but I joined websleuths three or four days ago because I was interested in a certain local case. I was posting, contributing, and yes, getting a billion "thank yous" for whatever reason. There was one guy on the board who nobody ever replied to because he wrote without any punctuation or capitalization - nobody was understanding any of his comments. I posted a polite reply to him about this, and yes, I got "thank yous" and the indecipherable poster wrote me "sorry," seemed sincere. Onwards.

No, not onwards, my post was deleted by the moderator for being "rude." So I went back on and explained what happened, haha, and to say goodbye forever. That post was also deleted. Having fun, I posted it again. And it was deleted again and I was put on a time out. Yes, a time out like for a four year old. I am done with websleuths now after just three days. It's a terrible site with awful contributors and cranky moderators. The case I was looking at was up to 14 pages, and everyone was still asking the same basic questions over and over again, or just marching on with confused information. Absolutely awful. I did some web sleuthing on my own about the moderator who laid down the time out hammer on me, and she's a woman in her 50's in Indiana. Sorry ladies, but...enough said.

I like sitcoms! You guys rule.
seeyoulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #34
cordwainer1453
Frequent Poster

I really don't get that whole "thanking" thing. Do they have to "thank" a certain number of people or they get banned?
cordwainer1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #35
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyoulater
I hope this doesn't get me banned here too, but I joined websleuths three or four days ago because I was interested in a certain local case. I was posting, contributing, and yes, getting a billion "thank yous" for whatever reason. There was one guy on the board who nobody ever replied to because he wrote without any punctuation or capitalization - nobody was understanding any of his comments. I posted a polite reply to him about this, and yes, I got "thank yous" and the indecipherable poster wrote me "sorry," seemed sincere. Onwards.

No, not onwards, my post was deleted by the moderator for being "rude." So I went back on and explained what happened, haha, and to say goodbye forever. That post was also deleted. Having fun, I posted it again. And it was deleted again and I was put on a time out. Yes, a time out like for a four year old. I am done with websleuths now after just three days. It's a terrible site with awful contributors and cranky moderators. The case I was looking at was up to 14 pages, and everyone was still asking the same basic questions over and over again, or just marching on with confused information. Absolutely awful. I did some web sleuthing on my own about the moderator who laid down the time out hammer on me, and she's a woman in her 50's in Indiana. Sorry ladies, but...enough said.

I like sitcoms! You guys rule.
Welcome. I'm sure you will find this a much more tolerant, friendlier and informative place.

I hear you about the billion "thank you's". Not only that, but they have to list all of the usernames of the people that thanked the poster. So in cases where there is like 100 "thank you's", it can take up half the screen.

It seems like the vast majority of posts over there are "bumping for...." and "missing 20 years today" type posts that don't really contribute anything to a forum.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #36
lowell3
Occasional Poster

I visit WS often, but increasingly for less and less time. There can be some excellent analysis and discussion there, but too much of it is well meaning but annoying old housewives with trite one sentence posts, the kind of people who watch Nancy Grace. It is true that they lean too much toward support and not enough at clear eyed rational analysis. Just because a post doesnt have ten emoticons and repeat how sad blahblah is and how blank should be found soon, etc.. doesnt mean that poster lacks heart or respect. It should go without saying, the sadness of these cases. A good "sleuth" cant get too bogged down in emotion and sentimentality.

Plus, it is crazy how they forbid certain, competing true crime sites from being mentioned, e.g. blink on crime -- the mods immediately delete any post that links to the site. Which is annoying in some colder cases such as Jennifer Kesse's where the ONLY new information comes from the investigators on that site.
lowell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #37
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoitbabe
www.justicequest.net

The're great. Much better than WS.
Agreed. I like how they even have a whole subforum on there dedicated to bashing WS.

Last edited by TJ; 06-23-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: fixed url
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #38
Tighthead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Agreed. I like how they even have a whole subforum on there dedicated to bashing WS.
tighthead thanks you for this post
Tighthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
lowell3
Occasional Poster

Watch out. The JQ mods are just as fascistic as the ones at Websleuths. And the posts are often even more vapid. Google around and you'll quickly find some examples.
lowell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

https://www.facebook.com/afterdarkradioshow

I'm the new admin at this radio show's page and plan on sharing lots of mysteries and true crime links. Feel free to join us!
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #41
Laura77
Frequent Poster

I used to lurk over at Websleuths, checking out the Anna Christian Waters threads, etc. People over there just got too crazy and would only accept one theory on what happened to Anna, and if you didn't accept that, you were out of luck.
Laura77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:47 AM   #42
Call me Perm
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowell3
too much of it is well meaning but annoying old housewives with trite one sentence posts, the kind of people who watch Nancy Grace.
You nailed it. And they get that sense of heightened self worth when they nail down a case like Grateful Doe. Cheers to us!
5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #43
Laura77
Frequent Poster

That, coupled with the fact the powers that be, decided I wasn't allowed to join because I didn't have a secured e-mail address. I had a true crime website along with a partner, she tried to get me into Websleuths, as a member she vouched for me, etc, but I still wasn't deemed fit Websleuth material. Perhaps there is a support group for people like me, lol.
Laura77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #44
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura77
That, coupled with the fact the powers that be, decided I wasn't allowed to join because I didn't have a secured e-mail address. I had a true crime website along with a partner, she tried to get me into Websleuths, as a member she vouched for me, etc, but I still wasn't deemed fit Websleuth material. Perhaps there is a support group for people like me, lol.
The email address thing is nuts. I tried to join and that annoyed me. I wasn't about to get one of their "secured" email addresses just so I could join. Also, the language used in the registration deeply bothered me, along with reports on other websites about the creator/owner.

I think WS has plenty of good members and well-intentioned posters. And I do still lurk and read their threads on occasion. However, the policies and some of the posters bother me so much I'm glad I didn't join. Thiussat mentioned one of the inane policies in his original post. Others I've seen include reprimands for silly reasons. The Springfield Three board got so besieged with arguments that it's been closed. That being said, I'll still with lurking.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #45
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

I joined a year ago and only wrote 12 posts. I rarely log in. I'm surprised that people with Yahoo e-mails haven't been able to join. I have an AOL e-mail and was accepted. Usually if a website doesn't accept Yahoo users, they also won't accept AOL users. But, trust me, you're not missing much. At least you can still read the messages even if you can't post.
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote