Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
whoever runs websleuths is a worshipper of Hitler. Period. Every once in a while, I will lurk on there and you can get some interesting information about a wide array of cases, but like half of the people that have ever posted there have been banned.
LOL..so true!

I agree with the Nazified comment. If you say something they don't like on Websleuths they ban you!

Bunch of commies!
Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
KeshiHead
Do You Know Me, Miss Me?
Occasional Poster

I believe one of the former members had to temporarily close down one of the threads on the Lyle Stevik board. I was disappointed - not because she closed the thread, but because of the petty squabbling between a few posters that caused her to do so.

I supported that decision, even though it hindered our opportunities to discuss the case.
KeshiHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #18
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighthead
This may fast track me to hellfire and damnation but the hand wringing of all the Nancy Grace acolytes on websleuths now is something to behold.

WS reminds me of the darkest days of our Darlie Routier and Jeff MacDonald threads.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
MegtheEgg86

Was doing research on another case and up pops a WS thread about women who've killed their husbands. More than one individual hailed Betty Broderick as a "hero".

That place is like a crazies convention.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #20
karenjanee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Was doing research on another case and up pops a WS thread about women who've killed their husbands. More than one individual hailed Betty Broderick as a "hero".

That place is like a crazies convention.
I gave up on that site due the sheer volume of posts about 99% really didn't have any useful information.
karenjanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Tighthead
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjanee
I gave up on that site due the sheer volume of posts about 99% really didn't have any useful information.
I love how someone will post the obvious "So tragic. I can't believe this world. Hoping they catch the sick person who did this" and about 5 others "thank" them for the post.
Tighthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #22
cordwainer1453
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighthead
I love how someone will post the obvious "So tragic. I can't believe this world. Hoping they catch the sick person who did this" and about 5 others "thank" them for the post.
I would like to thank you for this useful post
cordwainer1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #23
Franklin
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
Are there any forums where true crime cases are discussed other than Websleuths? I find their moderating tactics a bit too Nazified for my tastes.

There is a case occurring in the news right now where it is rather obvious a family member was involved, so I posted my thoughts and theory about the case. My post was deleted because the admin says "we do not accuse family members here." Uh, well I hate to break it to them, but if family members or friends can never be discussed, that means over 80% of all murder cases cannot be discussed since murders and abductions are perpetrated by family and friends the vast majority of the time. It's stupid logic on their part. ..............
I have heard that websleuths just about bans anyone who dares blame an intruder and refuses to blame the Ramsey family in regards to the Jonbenet Ramsey case.
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #24
Franklin
Frequent Poster

Default Online Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
Are there any forums where true crime cases are discussed other than Websleuths? I find their moderating tactics a bit too Nazified for my tastes.

There is a case occurring in the news right now where it is rather obvious a family member was involved, so I posted my thoughts and theory about the case. My post was deleted because the admin says "we do not accuse family members here." Uh, well I hate to break it to them, but if family members or friends can never be discussed, that means over 80% of all murder cases cannot be discussed since murders and abductions are perpetrated by family and friends the vast majority of the time. It's stupid logic on their part. Is WS a support forum or is it a forum for objectively discussing cases? It seems to me it is more of a support forum. I have no problem with that, but they need to change the name from WebSleuths to "Web Support Of Crime Victims." It is not an objective forum where people can express opinions, and if one can't express an opinion, then why post?

At least this forum allows people to discuss their thoughts on what really happened. The problem is this forum is dead and I would like to know if there are active alternatives to WS.
Thiussat, below is a quote about online bullying that applies to the behavior on sites like Websleuths and ScaredMonkeys and many of the others where the members all like to gang up on the new guy.

"What is mobbing?
The word bullying is used to describe a repeated pattern of negative intrusive violational behaviour against one or more targets and comprises constant trivial nit-picking criticism, refusal to value and acknowledge, undermining, discrediting and a host of other behaviours which are defined on my page What is bullying?

................where a target is selected and bullied (mobbed) by a group of people rather than by one individual. However, every group has a ringleader. If this ringleader is an extrovert it will be obvious who is coercing group members into mobbing the selected target. If the ringleader is an introvert type, he or she is likely to be in the background coercing and manipulating group members into mobbing the selected target; introvert ringleaders are much more dangerous than extrovert ringleaders.

In a mobbing situation, the ringleader incites supporters, cohorts, copycats and unenlightened, inexperienced, immature or emotionally needy individuals with poor values to engage in adversarial interaction with the selected target. The ringleader, or chief bully, gains gratification from encouraging others to engage in adversarial interaction with the target. Many people use the word "mobbing" to describe this pack attack by many on one individual. Once mobbing is underway the chief bully foments the mobbing into mutually assured destruction, from which the chief bully gains intense gratification - this is a feature of people with psychopathic personality.

One aspect of psychopathic bullies is that they home in on Wannabe types - non-psychopathic lesser bullies - and then empower these individuals to gain the positions of power and authority they crave. Once installed, the Wannabe's lack of competence makes them dependent on the chief psychopath, which means they become unwitting but willing compliant puppets. They also make perfect corporate clones and drones. A characteristic of the Wannabe is that as well as lacking all the competencies necessary for their position, they also lack the intellect to understand the nature and manner of their compliant subservience.

Throughout the mobbing experience, the target is deceived into fighting, blaming and trying to hold accountable the minor bullies of the mobbing group rather than the chief bully.

.......The chief bullies appear so charming and plausible to naive, unenlightened and inexperienced people - usually those who haven't experienced bullying themselves. Psychopathic chief bullies are very likely to have everyone in human resources and management in their pocket, who are then manipulated into further mobbing, victimising and persecuting the target.

The golden rule when tackling a mobbing situation is, I believe, to identify and focus exclusively on the chief bully, and concentrate on holding this ringleader accountable. Expect an immediate increase in mobbing activities, and a rapidly-expanding web of deceit to be concocted against you.
Maybe they thought I knew too much when they kicked me out.
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin
Franklin, how about that other webbsleuths site (spelled with two Bs) you mentioned regarding the Jonbenet Ramsey murder and the Madeline Pulver collar bomb case?

Are they an active board, a defunct site, an archive site?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #26
WishfulDreamer

I have debated signing up for WS for a while, but am a little disturbed by the TOS' strong wording.

"If you are unable to register without using an anonymous proxy for some legitimate reason that we quite frankly cannot fathom but may very well exist, please contact us via email and we'll work with you."

"On the other hand, if you're a foul mouthed pathological basket case that keeps trying proxy after proxy thinking you will trick us, get a life. We appreciate expanding our proxy block list with your generous assistance, but please, seek professional help. Soon."

I can understand having issues with anonymous people on the internet, but I find these statements to lack class. Surely there are much more respectful ways to express terms of service.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #27
wiseguy182

I can't even fathom what Websleuths is trying to get across there. Sounds like someone was trying to sound impressive with their phrasing but it fell flat.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I can't even fathom what Websleuths is trying to get across there. Sounds like someone was trying to sound impressive with their phrasing but it fell flat.
Yes, instead that comes off as extremely hostile. I think I will continue to lurk, but am extremely hesitant to join if that's the attitude of the webmasters on there.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #29
ShewhoRemembers
First Time Poster

New one, done with WS as it is now. Used to be a good place to debate lots of varied theories. Now each case varies in its "victim friendliness" depending on what the group consensus and those who dissent face time outs for calling the hive mentality what it is.

I am following a new one lately. It appears to be encouraging actual debate of alternate theories and not just the ones espoused by management or whoever yells the loudest. No mobbing allowed. So far so good, hoping their membership grows so more voices are added to the discussion.
ShewhoRemembers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #30
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordwainer1453
I would like to thank you for this useful post