Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #136
88keys
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Thanks for sharing that info 88keys.

The drug angle being confirmed by the brother is interesting, but you'd think that there would have been some kind of evidence like pills or a container with residue found in his dorm room if was on drugs when he went missing, as his brother theorizes.
I don't necessarily think he was high when he disappeared. But maybe he went looking to score a hit and met up with the wrong person.

Quote:
It's also kinda weird about the unknown man in his 30s being seen inside Dykstra hall at 4:35 in the morning, just a half hour after Michael logged off his computer. Michael was a freshman. Was his dorm building for freshmen only? Even if not, isn't it a bit odd for a man in his mid 30s to be visiting young students in their dorm at that hour? It was a Friday night, tho, so coulda been a pizza delivery guy or something like that. Would a drug dealer actually come into the dorm to sell or would he stay out in his car in the parking lot for the buyer to come out of the building?

FWIW, for all this time, I've been thinking that Michael went missing while barefoot because they said he left behind all his personal belongings, including his shoes, but the CP page says he was wearing a blue plaid shirt, khaki shorts, and white shoes.
That's the problem with this case. A lot of the info is sketchy and unconfirmed. Are we really sure there was an unknown male in the dorm around that time? I thought that was just a rumor.

Same thing with the shoes. Most of the accounts I've read said he was wearing some kind of flip-flops or thong sandals, but a few say barefoot. It's like the Amy Bradley or Maura Murray cases; we can't be sure the info we have been given is really factual or not.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:33 AM   #137
wiseguy182

here's the case of another Michael Negrete that disappeared from California.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ete_jared.html

thoughts on this?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #138
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

White pages says there are currently 34 people named Michael Negrete in California (and 66 possible matches to that name). With such a large population as California has, it seems to be a pretty big coincidence that two young men with that name went missing 8 years apart.

But the young man in this thread who went missing in 1999 is Michael William Negrete:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...e_michael.html

And the other young man, missing since 1991, is Jared Michael Negrete:

So with all the various combinations of first and middle names, that probably raises the chances of two people with similar names going missing and makes it a bit less likely to be connected or a case of mistaken identity by a predator, imo.
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:32 AM   #139
UCLABruin
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys
I don't necessarily think he was high when he disappeared. But maybe he went looking to score a hit and met up with the wrong person.

That's the problem with this case. A lot of the info is sketchy and unconfirmed. Are we really sure there was an unknown male in the dorm around that time? I thought that was just a rumor.

Same thing with the shoes. Most of the accounts I've read said he was wearing some kind of flip-flops or thong sandals, but a few say barefoot. It's like the Amy Bradley or Maura Murray cases; we can't be sure the info we have been given is really factual or not.
I believe his mother confirmed slip-on shoes in one of the Daily Bruin articles. They were sort of like a slipper but but more sturdy. I've never seen mention of barefoot or sandals. I think people allude to "barefoot" because articles say he "left without shoes".

The strange man is another story. Nobody knows. A student came forward in July (8 months after Michael's disappearance) with the first mention of the strange man. I find this suspicious in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
here's the case of another Michael Negrete that disappeared from California.

thoughts on this?
This one is interesting. That boy's name was "Jared Michael Negrete" though; his first name was Jared. There is an article online (unposted.com maybe?) that accuses Damon van Dam of a lot of things... in one of the articles, it mentions that someone (I don't think they were referring to Damon here, maybe David Westerfield) was part of the Jared Negrete search in 1991 and also had weak ties to Michael Negrete's family. Jared was 12 in 1991, Michael would have been around 10.

Negrete is neither common nor uncommon. Nobody has ever said if the two families are related. My guess is that they are not, but it's a very weird coincidence.
UCLABruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 AM   #140
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

I am going to intentionally bump this case because it still tugs at my heartstrings. Michael and I were in the same class in college, though we went to different universities, so it speaks to me in a way. Especially with the type of technology we had back in 1999.

After thinking more about this case, I am starting to believe that maybe drugs, or sex could have been involved/connected, given the late hour and the circumstances. I think it's 100% correct that he did not vanish intentionally and am sad that his family and friends have never had closure.

As to people who saw or heard something, I wish this case could get back into the limelight after almost 16 years due to the possibility of anyone who saw anything and might be willing to come forward with some information.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #141
nolostbruins
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum2003
After thinking more about this case, I am starting to believe that maybe drugs, or sex could have been involved/connected, given the late hour and the circumstances. I think it's 100% correct that he did not vanish intentionally and am sad that his family and friends have never had closure.

As to people who saw or heard something, I wish this case could get back into the limelight after almost 16 years due to the possibility of anyone who saw anything and might be willing to come forward with some information.
UCLA will make it a point to not have this case be in the limelight ever again. Michael Negrete's case will get little to no exposure as the years go by because... UCLA is a massive business and this type of thing hurts their reputation because it exposes the school for being more of a farm than an educational center that can protect its students.

I also think that IF UCLA actually did a real investigation into this they may have uncovered that Negrete was involved in a body parts for sale scandal, and those are the people who murdered him. To deny the economics of the body parts / organs trade is naive and to assume that individuals in the USA will ignore the lure of $ is beyond naive. Furthermore when Negrete disappeared there was a body parts / organs for sale GROUP Operating at UCLA. Only 2 people were found guilty... and for a group like that to operate logistically there were more than 2 people involved. What is beyond sad is that the public will never be able to rule out the possibility that Michael Negrete disappeared because of a UCLA body parts for sale gang.
nolostbruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #142
nolostbruins
Occasional Poster

Just thought I would leave this here for any doubters of how deep the rabbit hole goes at UCLA's body parts cartel

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/30/local/me-ucla30

Japanese gang figures got new livers at UCLA
Recipients included one of Japan's top crime bosses. Some fear a chilling effect on organ donations

Right now no one is powerful enough to do a real investigation into Michael Negret's disappearance & I fear that this was also the case when he vanished.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #143
BettaFranka
First Time Poster

With so little evidence as to what happened and no evidence of foul play -assuming that LE isn't hiding evidence from the public-, I think there are three explanationsfor Michael's dissapearance:

A. He committed suicide. This would explain the lack of evidence and the fact that he didn't take anything with him. After all, people are more likely to kill themselves than to become victims of a homicide.

B. He left the dorms to take a walk or to get something to eat, possibly from a vending machine. He left his keys by accident. This possibility takes of to two possible outcomes:

B(a). He was the victim of a crime of opportunity.
B(b). He realized he had no keys and tried to get back to the dorm through another way, possibly a construction site. He had an accident and his body got buried in the morning when construction resumed.

I think that his drug use and the guy someone witnessed are simply red herrings. The gay hookup is not likely either as there are no reports of the police finding anything suspicious in his computer.
BettaFranka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #144
nolostbruins
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFranka
With so little evidence as to what happened and no evidence of foul play -assuming that LE isn't hiding evidence from the public-, I think there are three explanationsfor Michael's dissapearance:

A. He committed suicide. This would explain the lack of evidence and the fact that he didn't take anything with him. After all, people are more likely to kill themselves than to become victims of a homicide.

B. He left the dorms to take a walk or to get something to eat, possibly from a vending machine. He left his keys by accident. This possibility takes of to two possible outcomes:

B(a). He was the victim of a crime of opportunity.
B(b). He realized he had no keys and tried to get back to the dorm through another way, possibly a construction site. He had an accident and his body got buried in the morning when construction resumed.

I think that his drug use and the guy someone witnessed are simply red herrings. The gay hookup is not likely either as there are no reports of the police finding anything suspicious in his computer.
The problem with your idea that he dies on campus is that there is no body and no signs of foul play apparently. So assuming he does die on campus how does something like that occur? Does a construction crew really overlook a body and just carry on? How does he magically get buried? I would give more credence to the theory that Negrete was part of the Yakuza Body parts trade going on at UCLA.

It is safe to assume that we aren't getting the full story from a Mega Corporation University like UCLA. After all anyone who has done any research on the UC system knows they are as thick as thieves with little to no oversight.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/0...-become-crime/

"The report from State Auditor Elaine Howle, who has served in that role for the last 17 years, also revealed late last month that the UC systemís central office amassed more than $175 million in undisclosed reserves. "

A lot of money goes through UCLA and the students are the PRODUCT that the UC system consumes and feeds off of. The people who run the UC System don't have the student's best interest at heart which is why they always steal whatever they can.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #145
Paflo_ponfriencea
First Time Poster

There has been some semblance of activity around Negrete's case recently. Some people think this John Doe could be him http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NC...tml/mainposter

The following post was on Reddit

John Doe was found on July 13 of 2003 in Angeles National Forest on the side of a mountain off the Bouquet Canyon Road. His remains were almost skeletonized except for the presence of some soft tissue. At least one of his limbs wasn't recovered. His age was in the 14-24 range, but he is believed to have been 18 or 19 years old like Michael.

When found, John Doe had been deceased for AT LEAST 1 to 3 years. Michael's disappearance at the end of 1999 falls within this range. LE enforcement believes that John Doe might have had Hispanic ancestry. By "Hispanic" they mean mestizo, as in Caucasian mixed with Amerindian. Michael, although listed as white, was likely a mestizo, son of a Mexican mestizo father and a white mother.

Although John Doe was likely male, LE considers the possibility that it might have been female. This uncertainty suggests that a DNA test wasn't performed or that the DNA sample was too degraded to yield accurate results. This would explain why Michael hasn't been located even though his DNA is available.

It must be noted that Saugus is just 30 to 40 minutes from Dykstra Hall when the traffic is light. If Michael was the victim of a crime of opportunity as theory #4 suggests, it wouldn't make sense for the killer(s) to go to great lengths to conceal the body in a more sophisticated way. In cases like this, the killers are more likely to drive to a wild area close to the city and discard the body there. If Michael was taken to San Fernando Valley to withdraw his money in an attempt to avoid the more transited streets of LA, Angeles Forest would've been a convenient place to get rid of him.

Anyone here think that it is a good match for Negrete?
Paflo_ponfriencea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:33 PM   #146
Zero
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paflo_ponfriencea View Post
There has been some semblance of activity around Negrete's case recently. Some people think this John Doe could be him http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NC...tml/mainposter

The following post was on Reddit

John Doe was found on July 13 of 2003 in Angeles National Forest on the side of a mountain off the Bouquet Canyon Road. His remains were almost skeletonized except for the presence of some soft tissue. At least one of his limbs wasn't recovered. His age was in the 14-24 range, but he is believed to have been 18 or 19 years old like Michael.

When found, John Doe had been deceased for AT LEAST 1 to 3 years. Michael's disappearance at the end of 1999 falls within this range. LE enforcement believes that John Doe might have had Hispanic ancestry. By "Hispanic" they mean mestizo, as in Caucasian mixed with Amerindian. Michael, although listed as white, was likely a mestizo, son of a Mexican mestizo father and a white mother.

Although John Doe was likely male, LE considers the possibility that it might have been female. This uncertainty suggests that a DNA test wasn't performed or that the DNA sample was too degraded to yield accurate results. This would explain why Michael hasn't been located even though his DNA is available.

It must be noted that Saugus is just 30 to 40 minutes from Dykstra Hall when the traffic is light. If Michael was the victim of a crime of opportunity as theory #4 suggests, it wouldn't make sense for the killer(s) to go to great lengths to conceal the body in a more sophisticated way. In cases like this, the killers are more likely to drive to a wild area close to the city and discard the body there. If Michael was taken to San Fernando Valley to withdraw his money in an attempt to avoid the more transited streets of LA, Angeles Forest would've been a convenient place to get rid of him.

Anyone here think that it is a good match for Negrete?
I hope the family is aware of this and that some forensic investigators are able to determine one way or the other if it is Mike. DNA, dental records, superimposed images. Since the unidentified man was found in 2003, I wonder if his remains are still intact today, or if they took as much evidence as they could and then cremated him. Probably no way to know.