Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-14-2004, 04:39 PM   #1
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

Default ABC News Reporter William J. Moran Murder Case

Seen this?

Gravesite photos - William J. Moran IV

There is almost no information about this story on line. I have contacted the Lakeland, Florida newspaper to try to find out more about it through their archive department. If I have to I'll call ABC.

I swear I remember this story being reported on WLS at the time it happened, but I can't remember any details. It's possible he was tracking down a story on CIA involvement in drug smuggling; I know several reporters were killed trying to get that one.

I get the impression that no expense was spared. The IV after his name is another indication that this is a very well-off branch of the Moran family.

Maybe it just chilled me because I'm a journalist, but this is not something you see every day.

Damn it, if Stack hadn't died he'd be all over this one.

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-07-2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Updated links to Find-a-grave, much more detailed & current
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
TimShepard
First Time Poster

Default I could tell you anything you want to know about this

I was his best friend in High School, I was at his funeral. In fact we were supposed to have driven to the 1984 World's Fair in New Orleans the day he died. I had noticed this posting like 10 years ago and had assumed it was no longer active, but I was just noticing it allows replies, so if you wanna know anything about the circumstances of Willies' passing I can tell you.
TimShepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

Thank you, I'm very interested. I have always wondered about this beautiful gravesite. I've had people write to me with various speculations, but no one who knows what really happened.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

Also, I found this:
The Rancher Bulletin, Winter 1984

William Jarrett Moran IV is listed as having had a memorial donation given in his name to the Florida Sheriffs' Youth Fund & Boys' Ranch by John Law Ayers, in their Winter 1984 bulletin. Maybe he was a volunteer worker at the camp or something. There's only one John Law Ayers and that is the unbelievably wealthy Brooksville mogul, rancher and Cracker horse breeder who served as FL State Representative and I forget what else. He died in 1985.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:07 AM   #5
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

Update!
Willie attended Hernando High School, and there's a page for him at Classquest with his photo.
Here he is. This is the first time I have actually seen him.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
steeev
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimShepard View Post
I was his best friend in High School, I was at his funeral. In fact we were supposed to have driven to the 1984 World's Fair in New Orleans the day he died. I had noticed this posting like 10 years ago and had assumed it was no longer active, but I was just noticing it allows replies, so if you wanna know anything about the circumstances of Willies' passing I can tell you.
Hi Tim,
Did you answer bluejay privately? I was also trying to find out what happened to Willie Moran, and you seem to be the best chance. Can you update your thread?
steeev is offline   Reply With Quote