Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Honeymooners (Sitcoms Online) / The Honeymooners links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Honeymooners Photo Gallery

The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes (Blu-ray)
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on Blu-ray
The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on DVD
The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series)
Buy The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series) on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4 on DVD

Buy The Very Best of The Honeymooners / The Best of The Honeymooners - The Lost Episodes / The Honeymooners Christmas Special
The Honeymooners Valentine Special / The Honeymooners - Second Honeymoon / Fan Favorites: The Best of The Honeymooners

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Honeymooners

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 24, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Lark Voorhies Unhappy with Saved by the Bell Reboot Snub; Remembering Ja'Net DuBois
Fri-Yay: Single Parents Quietly Becoming ABC's Best Sitcom; BET+ Gets Bigger with Comedy
Are You Afraid of the Dark and All That Get More Episodes; Tyler Perry Gets Nick Sitcom
Remembering Ja'Net DuBois of Good Times, Kellye Nakahara of M*A*S*H, and Others We've Recently Lost
Family Matters Back on TBS; Caroline Rhea to Headline Showtime Comedy Special
The Last O.G. Returns to TBS on April 7; He-Man Gets All-Star Cast on Netflix

New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #1
Frank Gannucci

Default Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Ralph Kramden Inc." & "Young At Heart":

Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Ralph Kramden Inc." & "Young At Heart":

Episode #128 (Syndicated episode #19)
TV: Half-hour.
VCR: Attached to "Young Man With A Horn." On some tapes, it is attached to "The $99,000 Answer." On some tapes, it is attached to episodes #19-24 of the Classic 39.
Laserdisc: Attached to “Oh My Aching Back”, “The Babysitter”, “$99,000 Answer”, “A Matter of Record.”, “The Safety Award”, “Mind Your Own Business” (aka “Ralph’s Big Mouth”), “Alice & The Blonde”, “The Bensonhurst Bomber”, “Dial J For Janitor” & “A Man’s Pride.”
DVD: Attached to episodes #17-24 of the classic 39. The HD Blu-Ray set has the exact same episodes (including two versions of the following: "The $99,000 Answer", "A Dog's Life" & "Here Comes The Bride" (in which one has the original ads) 60 Minutes Interview & outtakes (in which Jack talks about outtakes).
Air Date: 1/28/56

"Ralph Kramden Inc.":

To see the finished script, click here: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co...episode=s04e19 ;

Ralph and Ed meet in Central Park. Ed has a new hobby, he's a bird-watcher. Ralph: "The only bird that watches you is a hawk." Ralph accidentally gave a woman a $20 bill instead of a $5. So he asks Ed to loan him some money. Ed would be glad too but Ralph never pays him back. Ralph thinks of an idea of making a "corporation." Ed goes along with the idea. Ed is the chairman of the board, while Ralph is the boss. Ed claims that he saw a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker bird. Ralph says that at this time of year, they should be very far, far away from here. Ed says that the bird had a yellow belly and was sucking sap. So he says in his notebook that he saw the bird in New Mexico.

A week later, Alice burns her finger on the stove. Ralph: "If you are not burning yourself, it's my food." Alice says that she can't make Ralph dinner now, so Ralph settles for a peanut butter sandwich. Ed comes in and says that it was been a week and he says that Ralph said to him that every time he turned around, he was going to make money (which he hasn't.) Ed: "You certainly have not been a pinwheel." Ed is hungry but when he notices that Ralph doesn't have any food that he likes, he asks if the peanut butter that Ralph is using is crunchy. Ralph: "Yes, it is and I will prove it to you. When this jar hits your head, you will hear a CRUNCH!" A man walks in with news. He knew an old lady that used to go on Ralph's bus. SH has died. Ralph is saddened, but when he hears that that old lady named Mrs. Monohan had $40,000,000 and she had asked Ralph to come hear the reading of her will and she had lent Ralph something big for him to claim, Ralph is so happy that he faints. Of course, he thinks he's going to get the $40,000,000.

The day of the will reading, Ralph is happy. He thinks he's going to get the $40,000,000. Alice says that Ralph shouldn't get his hopes up and that he might not get the $40,000,000. Ralph says that the old lady liked him a lot. Alice says that some of that money should go to Norton since they formed a "corporation." Ralph says that he will take care of him. He claims that if Norton would get his hands on a big amount of money, that he will neglect Trixie and that he won't allow that to happen. Oh boy! Ed comes down with a suitcase and says when he gets his hands on his share of the money (35%), he will take Trixie on a honeymoon and they won't hitchhike this time. Hitchhiking on a honeymoon, huh? I'll bet any person would be too happy about that. Ralph tries to of course, cheat Norton out of his share by first asking Norton to make sure that suitcase would hold the money by cutting up pieces of paper that will resemble 40,000,000. Ed shows that it does. He cut up pieces of paper in the shape of 40,000,000 dollar bills. Ralph then tires to cheat Norton by saying that after he gets his 35% of the money, he will get literally nothing after taxes. Ed doesn't mind.

At the old lady's home, the maid asks Fortune the bird to eat his breakfast. The bird won't. He is upset about Mrs. Monohan dying. Ralph and Norton arrive and the will reading begins. Ed claps after hearing one person getting something from the will. (He picked it up by watching the quiz shows.) When Ralph hears that he will get her fortune, he naturally thinks that he will get the money, but is upset that he will get her pet bird. Both Ralph and Norton faint. Of course, Ed says that he owns 35% of the bird before he faints.

Episode #129 (Syndicated episode #20)
TV: Half-hour.
VCR: Attached to "'Twas The Night Before Christmas." On some tapes, it is attached to "A Dog's Life." On some tapes, it is attached to episodes #19-24 of the Classic 39. On some tapes, it is attached to "The Golfer", "TV or Not TV", "Better Livign Through TV" & "Oh My Aching Back."
Laserdisc: Attached to “A Dog’s Life”, “Here Comes The Bride”, “Mama Loves Mambo”, “Please Leave The Premises”, “House Beautiful” (aka “Pardon My Glove”), Young Man With A Horn”, “Head of The House” (aka “Ralph’s Big Mouth”), “The Worry Wart”, Ralph Kramden, Hero At Large” (aka “Trapped”), “The Loudspeaker”, “On Stage”, “Opportunity Knocks, But” & “Unconventional Behavior.”
DVD: Attached to episodes #16 - #24 of the Classic 39. On Fan Favorites: Best of The Honeymooners, it is attached to “TV or Not TV”, “Funny Money”, “The Golfer”, “The Sleepwalker”, “Better Living Through TV”, “The Man From Space” & “$99,000 Answer.” The HD Blu-Ray set has the exact same episodes (including two versions of the following: "The $99,000 Answer", "A Dog's Life" & "Here Comes The Bride" (in which one has the original ads) 60 Minutes Interview & outtakes (in which Jack talks about outtakes).
Air Date: 2/11/56

"Young At Heart":

To see the finished script, click here: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co...episode=s04e20 ;

For this episode, I think you can tell that there are a lot of young people in the studio audience.

A young girl named "Judy Conners comes up to visit Alice. Judy Conners looks like she is in her teens. She has a boyfriend named Wallace, who she calls Atomic Passion. She asks if Wallace can come up here so she can visit him and go out on a date. He hasn't met her dad and she doesn't want to take any chances. On their date, they are going to Coney Island and go to places like The Crazy House and The Tunnel of Love, go dancing, and go roller skating. Judy says this about a past boyfriend of hers. Judy: "Freddie was so 'icky.' He was a termite strictly out of the woods." Alice complies with her request. Judy leaves. Ralph comes home and Alice and he talk about him and her doing the same thing everyday. She wants to go roller skating. Ralph complies, but realizes what she asked. Alice says she wants to do the things that young people do. Alice: "That is what keeps you young." Ralph: "My youth has passed. The Golden Years are gone. We have hit the second plateau" Alice still wants to do the things that young people do. Alice: "How can you be so 'icky'? You are a termite Ralph. Strictly out of the woods." Judy said almost the same thing about a past boyfriend of hers named Freddie, I think when she talked to Alice. Alice goes into the bedroom. Ed Norton comes in. Ralph talks to him about the places that Alice wants to visit, namely the Tunnel of Love at Coney Island. Ed says that that place is terrible because he had to fix a leak under there. Ha! Wallace comes in. I think the guy that played him is George Burns' son, Ronald John Burns. He gets an ovation from the studio audience. The clothing that he is wearing for going out is SO outdated now. If a person his age were to walk in to high school wearing those pieces of clothing, he would probably get laughed at. Wallace: "I'm here to pick up Angel Cake (Judy)." Wallace tries to talk to Ralph & Ed. He says: "I got a frantic hot rod that is ready to percolate" Ralph: "Frantic hot rod that's ready to percolate" Wallace: "Aren't you hip? Don't you dig?" Ed: "I'm the one who digs. I work in the sewer." Alice hears him and tries to bring up Judy. Alice explains to Ralph about the situation while Wallace does the "Apple" dance. Judy comes up and the date for them is on. They leave. Ed talks about him being young. Ed: "As time wore on, I grew older and matured." Ralph: "Yeah, now you are a full-grown nut." Ralph then talks about all the young things that Alice wants to do and makes fun of her because she is so old. Alice gets the message and says she will never talk about it again in a very stern voice. Ralph is remorseful and says to Ed that from now on, he will do the things young people do. He says that from now on, he will say things that young people say. The things that he says are SO outdated. Ed: "How could anybody so round, be so square?"

The next day, Ed shows up with a phonograph and Ralph comes out with a costume that is crazy. The costume is funny. Anybody should look at it and when they do, they might get a chuckle. Ed: "Let me some time to drink this whole thing in. It's like seeing Boulder Dam for the first time." The first record they put on is "The Hucklebuck." Ed plays it and starts to dance. The lyrics go something like: "Here's a dance you should love..." The original version of this song was actually sung by Chubby Checker. Ralph complains that he can't do those dance moves. Ed: "Get in that move and be gay (happy)." They put on the record again and Ralph dances. This is so funny. They rehearse the dance more and more. Alice comes in. Cue Ralph stopping in mid-dance when he sees Alice now. Ralph: "You wanted me to become a dancer so I was brushing up. This isn't a crazy costume. This is what all of us cats wear. I got it! I got it! I'm hip! Ready to go! I'm gone!" Alice: "You're gone all right." Ralph says that he will take her dancing and roller skating. He gives her his pin (like Wallace gave to Judy to mean that they are a couple). Alice is delighted. They rehearse some more.

At the roller skating rink, Ralph is a nervous wreck. He doesn't want to fall down and hurt himself. The roller skating rink actually has a bar on the right of it. Ed notices Ralph being nervous and the fact that he s having a tough time roller skating. Ralph: "If I keep this up, I will lose my old age." Alice asks Ralph to go give her and Trixie some coffee at the bar. The girls know that Ralph is having a tough time roller skating but that doesn't bother them apparently Ralph reluctantly complies. When he gets the coffee, you can hear a girl in the audience saying: "Steady, steady now!" When he delivers the coffee to them, Trixie notices that he is having hard time but doesn't even help him. Ralph sneezes and the coffee spills. Ralph wants to go home, but he slips and falls on the ground. Everyone tries to help him out but to no avail. When Ed helps, he even loses his hat. This moment is funny. I wonder how much fun it was for them to try and do this moment.

At home, Ralph is the one who is hurt the most. He complains about doing the things that young people do and blames Alice for it. Ralph says it was humiliating for him to fall down at the rink and not being able to get up. Everyone laughs and Ralph laughs along. Ralph remembers going out with Alice when they were young. He then says something like thinking young and being young. Everyone agrees and the episode ends.

Because of the talk of youth in this episode, you can hear a lot of young people in the audience. I think some of the young people were actually kids and the only reason they were let in because of the talk of youth.

Credit I believe goes to the old Bill 'Mooners Archive, eBay.com, tv.com, Honeymooners Lost Episodes Book, tvguide.com, honeymooners.net, Honeymooners Box Set booklet Honeymooners Lost Episodes DVD booklet, Yahoo! Groups You’re A Riot! & amazon.com.
Frank Gannucci is offline   Reply With Quote