Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Schitt's Creek Emmy Sweep; HBO Max Orders New Pretty Little Liars
NBC Moves This Is Us, Connecting Premieres; Fox Orders 2 More Seasons for Bob's Burgers & Family Guy
Schitt's Creek Heads to Syndication on Stations and Comedy Central; Apple Orders Patricia Arquette Comedy
Decades Fall 2020 Schedule; CMT Acquires American Housewife
Antenna TV Fall 2020 Schedule, with 2021 Teases; 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 21, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Prepares for More Sunday Night Movies; The Office Arrives on Blu-ray and More Head of the Class DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #106
Sal

With Pluto TV and other similar streaming services becoming increasingly popular every week, it follows that others will want to get in on the act and that's good news for all TV fans. This week, Plex, which acts as both a streaming service and media player, added more than 80 free Live TV channels of all types to its website, making it appear more like Pluto and Stirr and others. There's a wide variety, most of which are not geo-restricted although there are a few exceptions, and you should find something that you'll like. If not, you can write in their "Comments" section in the blog and ask for your favorite channels.

Plex TV Blog

Plex - Live TV

New releases

CTV Throwback

Dilbert (1999) (2 seasons, 30 episodes) - Life in the corporate cubicle of the modern workplace. Based on the popular syndicated comic strip. (Crackle)

Women Of The House (1999) (1 season, 13 episodes) - Suzanne Sugarbaker goes to Washington, D.C., to fill the congressional seat of her late husband, Ray, as a favor to the governor. The short-lived, rarely-seen "Designing Women" spinoff where Delta Burke stars with a new set of supporting characters including Teri Garr and Patricia Heaton. It's interesting that for once, CTV doesn't have the entire series, but you can find more episodes on YouTube.

The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) (2 seasons) - Tales of a 16 year old Peter Parker and the origins of Spiderman. DailyMotion

Marvel Anime: Iron Man (2011) - Tony Stark travels to Japan to showcase the armor that will be replacing him. For those who love to collect junk!

Speaking of which, CTV will have more bad cartoons next week!

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

Trapper John MD (Season 3)

Flipper (Complete Series)

Mannix (Season 2)

December Bride

The Dukes Of Hazzard (Seasons 1 and 2)

TUBI

Love and Marriage(1959) (1 season) - An old-school song publisher ends up partnering and living with his daughter and son-in-law whose rock n’ roll tastes clash with his.

A good show for those who love rare, obscure, long-lost classics. Starring William Demarest of "My Three Sons" playing a character much like his beloved Uncle Charley.

TUBI

Airy TV

Archive

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

CTV Throwback
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:48 PM   #107
dhuffman1980
Occasional Poster

The 80s drama LA Law has been added to IMDB.TV
dhuffman1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:49 PM   #108
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuffman1980 View Post
The 80s drama LA Law has been added to IMDB.TV
Any other new additions?
Old 07-31-2020, 06:51 PM   #109
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuffman1980 View Post
I just took a glance and saw LA Law. I’ll look later.
Okay, thank you.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:25 PM   #110
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
Any other new additions?

I'm glad you asked! Here's what I found this week:

TUBI

Hearts Afire (Complete Series) - Starring John Ritter and Markie Post.

---MUST-SEE PICK OF THE WEEK---

Leave It To Beaver: The Lost Episode (1960) (15 minutes) - A special ‘Leave It To Beaver’ episode, made in cooperation with the U.S. Treasury Department, where Beaver learns a lesson about money.

I had no idea this even existed but it's great to watch! I hope TUBI gets to show the whole series eventually.

ROKU

Good Morning World

Pluto Tv

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (Season 7)

Plex

19 new music channels:

Channel List

Plex Live Tv

CTV Throwback

Doctor Doctor (1989-91) (3 seasons, 35 episodes) - A general practitioner cares more about the sick than about the money. Starring Matt Frewer ("Max Headroom").

Dinosaucers (1987) (1 season, 64 episodes) - The Dinosaucers and the Secret Scouts wage a never-ending battle against the evil Tyrannos.

Astro Boy (2004) (1 season, 50 episodes) - A robot capable of human emotion defends justice and peace.

A sequel to the original series that introduced anime's first true superstar. So now you know who to blame! Both series can be found on YouTube.

Harold and the Purple Crayon (2001) (12 episodes) - A little boy has the power to create a world of his own, using his purple crayon. Based on the popular best-selling children's book by Crockett Johnson which I remember loving to read as a child. A good example of what a real cartoon should look like. (YouTube)

Coming to CTV in August:

Aug. 6 - Action - starring Jay Mohr
Aug. 20 - Good Advice - Shelley Long
Aug. 27 - Hudson Street - Tony Danza, Lori Loughlin
Old 08-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #111
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I'm glad you asked! Here's what I found this week:

TUBI

Hearts Afire (Complete Series) - Starring John Ritter and Markie Post.

---MUST-SEE PICK OF THE WEEK---

Leave It To Beaver: The Lost Episode (1960) (15 minutes) - A special ‘Leave It To Beaver’ episode, made in cooperation with the U.S. Treasury Department, where Beaver learns a lesson about money.

I had no idea this even existed but it's great to watch! I hope TUBI gets to show the whole series eventually.

ROKU

Good Morning World

Pluto Tv

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (Season 7)

Plex

19 new music channels:

Channel List

Plex Live Tv

CTV Throwback

Doctor Doctor (1989-91) (3 seasons, 35 episodes) - A general practitioner cares more about the sick than about the money. Starring Matt Frewer ("Max Headroom").

Dinosaucers (1987) (1 season, 64 episodes) - The Dinosaucers and the Secret Scouts wage a never-ending battle against the evil Tyrannos.

Astro Boy (2004) (1 season, 50 episodes) - A robot capable of human emotion defends justice and peace.

A sequel to the original series that introduced anime's first true superstar. So now you know who to blame! Both series can be found on YouTube.

Harold and the Purple Crayon (2001) (12 episodes) - A little boy has the power to create a world of his own, using his purple crayon. Based on the popular best-selling children's book by Crockett Johnson which I remember loving to read as a child. A good example of what a real cartoon should look like. (YouTube)

Coming to CTV in August:

Aug. 6 - Action - starring Jay Mohr
Aug. 20 - Good Advice - Shelley Long
Aug. 27 - Hudson Street - Tony Danza, Lori Loughlin
Thank you!
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #112
Sal

This week marks the beginning of a new month which also brings a fresh assortment of new titles to look over.

TUBI

Tales Of Wells Fargo (1959) (Seasons 1 and 2) - Starring Dale Robertson. One of many Westerns that were around during the late 50s and early 60s.

ROKU

Good Morning World (Season 1)

The Facts Of Life (Seasons 1, 2, & 3)

Barney Miller (Season 5)

Hopalong Cassidy (Season 1)

PLUTO

Laugh-In (Season 6)

PEACOCK

Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Complete Series)

All Peacock titles that you see here from now on will be from the free tier.

CRACKLE

Bewitched (Season 3)

Charlie's Angels (Season 3)

I Dream Of Jeannie (Season 4)

All In The Family (Season 2)

NewsRadio (Season 3)

Barney Miller (Season 3)

Fantasy Island (Seasons 3 & 4)

Celebrity Bowling (Season 1)

Father Knows Best (Season 1)

CTV Throwback

CTV has added 6 episodes to "Women Of The House" which were missing when it first appeared on the site. Now the season is complete and all episodes have been included. Here's what else they added this week:

Action (1999) (1 season, 9 episodes) - Starring Jay Mohr. Hollywood producer Peter Dragon hits bottom when his $150 million blockbuster bombs at the box office.

Grady (1975) (1 season, 9 episodes) - A widower leaves his Watts neighborhood to move in with his daughter and her family. Another "Sanford and Son" spinoff which didn't do so well in the ratings and left the air quickly. CTV also has the others: "Sanford" and "Sanford Arms".

Next week on CTV Throwback: "The New Gidget". One of the few passable reboots that are worth watching and a series which will complete its "Gidget" collection made up of the Sally Field series and the movies which all featured different stars.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:29 PM   #113
Sal

This week's news and releases:

Shout Factory

The Johnny Carson Show

Seasons 15-17

Season 15: Hollywood Icons Of The 1980s

Season 16: Hollywood Icons Of The 1990s

Season 17: The Best Of Garry Shandling

Tubi has now added Seasons 8-14 to its group. These 3 latest seasons will be included at a later date.

Shout also has a collection of old Tim Conway shows which they added this month:

The Tim Conway Show

The Tim Conway Comedy Hour

Ace Crawford Private Eye

Also on Shout:

Silk Stalkings --- Added in July

Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

TUBI

Dangerous Assignment --- 39 episodes

The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes ---- 39 episodes

The Carol Burnett Show

The entire series has finally landed on Tubi along with this flashback special which Shout doesn't have:

The Carol Burnett Show - Show Stoppers (2001)

IMDB TV - Dark Shadows (Season 1)

Crackle - I Dream Of Jeannie (Season 3)

CTV Throwback

The CTV network, which includes CTV Throwback, has a new webpage design which is now in beta mode but should be fully functional before the end of the year. This is what it looks like at the moment:

CTV.ca

CTV Throwback

Just in time for the new look, a new retro series has been added:

The New Gidget (1986) (2 seasons, 44 episodes) --- Gidget is now grown up and living with her husband Jeff, still known as Moondoggie, her father, now played by sitcom legend William Schallert, and her niece Danni, who reminds Gidget of her younger self.

One of the few reboots that I love to watch because it captures the spirit of the older show without trying to belittle it or dumb it down for younger viewers who never saw it. I also like "The New Leave It To Beaver" for the same reason.

The New Gidget - Gilligan's Island tribute with Alan Hale and Bob Denver (YouTube)

Also on CTV: Baywatch - Seasons 1 and 2

Next week: "Hudson Street" with Tony Danza and Lori Laughlin, and "Fish", the Barney Miller spinoff, with Abe Vigoda.

Last edited by Sal; 08-14-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #114
Sal

This week's big news comes courtesy of Pluto TV. They have added 12 new channels to their Live TV lineup as well as redesigning and reorganizing their channels into 15 different groups including a Classic TV category that will have channel numbers in the 500s. The new additions are:

66 Fantastic
147 Love Stories
149 Suspense
172 Demand Africa
501 Classic TV Comedy
508 Three's Company
514 Johnny Carson TV
520 Classic TV Drama
526 Western TV
529 The Rifleman
614 DABL
694 Loupe

The new Classic TV group will also have the following:

511 The Addams Family
532 Doctor Who
540 Buzzr
542 Shout Factory TV
548 Classic Toons

Full details can be found in the following links:

New Channel Logos - Twitter

Pluto TV Adds A Dozen New Channels

Our New Channel Lineup - Pluto TV

New Full Channels List

In other news, it was a quiet week for most of the other providers except for these notable new additions:

TUBI

The George Burns And Gracie Allen Show - 25 episodes from Seasons 3-8 when the series was no longer filmed live. It was still a good show and I consider it as one of the most underrated series of all time.

CTV Throwback

Hudson Street (1995) (1 season, 22 episodes)

A divorced detective in Hoboken, N.J., starts a romance with an idealistic crime reporter.

Starring Tony Danza and Lori Loughlin

Fish (1977) (2 seasons, 35 episodes)

"Barney Miller"'s funniest detective Sgt. Phil Fish (Abe Vigoda) retires from the police force and returns home to his wife Bernice as well as a group of 5 delinquent street kids that include Todd Bridges of "Diff'rent Strokes".

(YouTube)
Old 08-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #115
Sal

Not much happening this week but things should pick up by Monday which marks the start of a new month. Here's what's new this week:

Pluto TV On Demand

Northwest Passage (1958) (Season 1)

The Adventures Of Jim Bowie (1956) (Seasons 1 and 2)

The Real McCoys (Complete Series)

The Rifleman (Complete Series)

Three's Company (Seasons 1 and 2)

You can also find "Three's Company" on Pluto's new Live TV "Three's Company" channel on Channel 508.

CRACKLE

The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis (Season 1)

Dennis The Menace (Season 2)

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

August 2020 New Additions

That Girl (Season 4)

SCTV - Full Episodes

SCTV - Individual Skits

Lou Grant (Season 3)

The Real McCoys (26 episodes)

Land Of The Lost (Season 3)

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Season 5)

I Dream Of Jeannie (Seasons 1 and 2) (13 episodes)

MASH (Seasons 8 and 9) (19 episodes)

The Rockford Files (Seasons 3 and 4)

The Lucy Show (Season 2) (14 episodes)

St Elsewhere (18 episodes)

Death Valley Days (Season 15) (18 episodes)

Trapper John MD (Seasons 3 and 4) (20 episodes)

Kojak (Season 4) (18 episodes)

Little House on the Prairie (Seasons 1 and 2)

CTV Throwback

Good Advice (1993) (2 seasons) - Sparks fly when marriage counselor Susan DeRuzza winds up sharing office space with divorce attorney Jack Harold.

Starring Shelley Long and Teri Garr.

(YouTube)
Old 09-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #116
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Default Small Update

Just a quick update, as I just got an update email of new channels for Pluto TV.

Pluto TV added a Carol Burnett 24/7 channel.

Carol Burnett Live - Pluto TV - Channel 516

I've heard it mentioned elsewhere that STIRR also has a Carol Channel but it's nice to have it on Pluto as I seen Pluto on way more devices than STIRR.
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #117
jonvit69
Occasional Poster

Default The Munsters on Roku

Does anyone know the roku code for the munsters and the addams family? about a month age the site disappeared.
also thank you for the roku updates and airy tv! the have a all in the family channel along with sanford and son!
jonvit69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #118
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
Just a quick update, as I just got an update email of new channels for Pluto TV.

Pluto TV added a Carol Burnett 24/7 channel.

Carol Burnett Live - Pluto TV - Channel 516

I've heard it mentioned elsewhere that STIRR also has a Carol Channel but it's nice to have it on Pluto as I seen Pluto on way more devices than STIRR.

Pluto TV added 8 new channels to its lineup yesterday. Here they are:

Press Release: Pluto TV Adds 8 new channels

Black News Channel 24/7 (Channel 230)

Rescue 911 (Channel 277)

Survivor (Channel 296)

The Amazing Race (Channel 297)

Pluto TV Drama Life (Channel 332)

The Carol Burnett Show (Channel 516)

Dark Shadows (Channel 53)

Gamespot (Channel 806)

The Carol Burnett channel would be the only one that interests me. The rest of them look like junk!

If you want another Live TV source for the Carol Burnett Show, you can also try watching it here on the Shout Factory TV website:

The Carol Burnett Show - Shout Factory
Old 09-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #119
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvit69 View Post
Does anyone know the roku code for the munsters and the addams family? about a month age the site disappeared.
also thank you for the roku updates and airy tv! the have a all in the family channel along with sanford and son!

I have been reluctant to provide updates for Airy Tv in the past few weeks because the channels keep disappearing and reappearing in different spots that it's hard to keep track to see which ones work and which ones don't. Sometimes the entire page will disappear and you're left with nothing. So I'll just give you a brief little rundown of some of the best classic TV shows and channels that you can find on there at the moment. First, here is the main homepage that you can access from anywhere:

Airy TV

Next, for Roku users, there is a special code that you would need to use to add Airy TV as a private beta channel. The code is:

XDTHQLV

Once you get it to work, here are some channels that you might like:

(My links don't work. I'll include them on my next update.)

24 1950s Classics

25 1950s Classics 2

26 1960s Classics

27 1960s Classics 2

29 Horror TV

30 Sci-Fi TV

31 Barney Miller

32 Hee Haw

33 The Three Stooges

35 21 Jump Street (TV Series)

36 Gimme A Break (New! Added Yesterday)

37 The Greatest American Hero

39 Doctor Who

40 McHale's Navy

41 The Highlander

42 Dragnet

43 Bob Newhart

44 The Rifleman

45 Degrassi

46 Gomer Pyle USMC

47 Hogan's Heroes

48 The Dukes Of Hazzard

49 My Three Sons

50 The Rockford Files

51 Highway To Heaven

52 Bonanza

54 Green Acres

55 The Commish

56 Sanford and Son

57 Moonlighting

58 All In The Family

60 Classic Cartoons

61 1990s Cartoons

62 1980s Cartoons

63 1970s Cartoons

506 Spydar TV

507 Kartoon Funtime

509 Classic Comedy

510 Cartoon Classics

816 Deal Or No Deal
Old 09-02-2020, 09:45 PM   #120
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Just a heads up as I don't remember it being mentioned before.

Tubi has a "Season 1" of Burns and Allen.

Burns & Allen - Season 1

It's actually Season 3 though as S1 and S2 were shot Live and not recorded like a regular show. That's what Antenna TV does also, start at S3.
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote