Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-13-2019, 02:26 AM   #16
Schmoopie
Love never ends
Forum Veteran

I'm kind of that way with The Facts of Life now. I've been watching the series from start to finish. I'm currently on Season 3 and aside from a few episodes here and there, I can't say that it's one of my favorite TV shows. It never really was to begin with actually, but I don't like it as much now as I did then.

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #17
Chocolate Moose

Game shows
Old 06-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
dakert

If I liked a show as a kid I still like it and probably have the DVDs
dakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #19
Duster76
Forum Regular

My pick would be Perry Mason, remember seeing it and liking in when it was in reruns in the late 60's, but seeing it on ME TV now, wow it is so formula driven (check the watch, time for Tragg to show up, check the watch, time for the real killer to confess). I understand why it was like this, first season a mindboggling 39 hourlong episodes, 5 out of the next 8, 30 episodes. but still it is so paint by the numbers.
Duster76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:03 PM   #20
rcbrad
Forum Regular

eight is enough comes to mind for me.
rcbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #21
jimpickens
Forum Regular

Alf
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
Wonder Woman
Married With Children
The love boat
Fantasy Island
MASH
WKRP
Night Court
The Kroft Supershow
jimpickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:14 AM   #22
theoneandonlytvqueen
Forum Regular

agree with facts of life. watched when nick & nite got it in 2001. but when i can i will catch a rerun here and there.

night court- i've been watching for awhile back when a & e got the repeats it didn't live up to the hype. one ofmy faves used to be when they thought dan was dead. but love love day court because everyone expect christine has a different side to them

alf- wanted to see it caught on hub. i just don't get it but it doesn't stop me from watching.
theoneandonlytvqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #23
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
Saved By The Bell. I used to watch the TBS reruns a lot when younger, but watching it now just isnít the same.
I HATED the way Slater kept calling Zach "Preppy"! I saw a few episodes back in the day but you couldn't PAY me to watch that today!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:57 PM   #24
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

i cant stand screech lol others are all right
Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 AM   #25
SitcomsHeydayfan

Some people kept raving about Seinfeld but I find it AWFUL & not funny at all. Friends is another show that a lot of people used to find funny which is a DISASTER.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 PM   #26
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Friends is another show that a lot of people used to find funny which is a DISASTER.
Friends is the most overrated sitcom from the 90s. The only good part of it is the theme song.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:58 AM   #27
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
Friends is the most overrated sitcom from the 90s. The only good part of it is the theme song.
I don't even like that. You want the best theme songs for TV shows?

Try Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Gilligan's Island, The Jeffersons, & Too Close For Comfort.

For non-sitcoms look at MacGyver & Dallas. Dallas may be the greatest TV theme song ever! Or at least the coolest/most glamorous.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #28
dee2364
Frequent Poster

I agree with whoever said Little House on the Prairie. I adored this show growing up and even read some of the books. I thought it was the perfect family friendly and wholesome show.

Looking back, I couldn't believe how sleazy it eventually became (relying on shock value) and how badly it ruined characters (Albert), contradicted its own uplifting messages after awhile and repeated the same scenarios over and over again. I also noticed how vain Michael Landon was with his Bee Gees disco hair, and now feel as if Victor French would've been better as Pa. And Nancy Oleson was an abomination, literally a sociopath (she deliberately tried killing a classmate), but we were supposed to think she was cute and funny.
dee2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 PM   #29
dee2364
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I loathed that show as soon as I noticed it took place in NYC and there wasn't one person of color in the background. Keep in mind that it wasn't about wanting diversity for diversity's sake (The Drew Carey Show is the whitest show on TV yet I love it to death). It was just the audacity of having a show take place in NYC and whitewashing the hell out of it. NYC is literally one of the most diverse places in the world, so that was inexcusable.

And then there were the other issues, too, of these young college graduates being able to afford this gigantic loft in NYC. C'mon.

As for the theme song, I couldn't stand it because it was an obvious rip off of The Monkees. It doesn't rip off an exact song (the closest maybe being "Pleasant Valley Sunday") but it has their signature sound.
dee2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:00 PM   #30
Schmoopie
Love never ends
Forum Veteran

Quote:
And that song was popular before it became the theme song! Now whenever I hear it I automatically think of Friends. Ugh... I still like the song, though.
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote