Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Maude links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Maude Photo Gallery

Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony) DVD
Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) DVD
Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Series on DVD
(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Maude

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-05-2015, 04:21 AM   #46
venusx
Frequent Poster

Definitely lots of music performed on the show, the writers didn't hesitate to have Maude & co break out into song! The list still wouldn't reach the level that a WKRP list would though even incorporating what the cast sang as well as what the show used. There would be some good original songs though..."big mouth lady on a subway train!"
venusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #47
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Basically, I wanted to know all the songs/music used in the series to base it on the recent releases from Shout! Factory to see what has been cleared and if some of the songs they couldn't get cleared are used in the series.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:11 PM   #48
venusx
Frequent Poster

Is that something Shout Factory would note in the DVD liner notes I wonder? I'd be willing to do a comparison once I start watching the DVDs since I've seen the episodes so many times already, but the complete series version of Maude I have right now is ripped from syndication, so for all I know it's missing things too.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #49
Kasey

They may issue a statement stating any songs unable to be cleared like they did with The Facts of Life, but I doubt they would include this info in the booklet. I have three different syndication edits of Maude from WTN and TVLand in the late '90s as well as the mid-2000s DejaView airings so I've seen different cuts of the episodes and pretty much know what music is where. I am trying to compile a list but am short on time.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #50
Kasey

Bonus Features Revealed:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...mplete-series/
Old 01-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #51
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
I noticed that earlier today on HTF. I was hoping the press release would let us know of any music edits. Maybe they'll issue another statement soon about the music.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #52
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Bonus features:

Quote:
- Original All In The Family episode ďCousin Maudeís VisitĒ
- Original All In The Family episode "Maude - Pilot"
- Unaired episode 115 "The Double Standard"
- Unaired episode 316 "Maude's New Friends"
- Syndication Sales Presentation (Hosted by Norman Lear)

Featurettes:
"And Then There's Maude: Television's First Feminist"
"Everything but Hemorrhoids: Maude Speaks to America"
"Memories of Maude" - featuring new interviews with Adrienne Barbeau and Bill Macy
Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #53
Kasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I noticed that earlier today on HTF. I was hoping the press release would let us know of any music edits. Maybe they'll issue another statement soon about the music.
Let's hope so. They were pretty up-front about The Facts of Life.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #54
Ron Ron

From Shout's website:

Product Note
*The two unaired episodes of Maude share titles and story elements that eventually did air. "The Double Standard" was originally shot for Season One as episode 15 and did not air. However, the same script was reshot for Season Two with cast changes and aired on 10/30/73. "Arthur's Friends" (a.k.a. "Maude's New Friends") was originally shot for Season Three as episode 16. This version also did not air, but the script was reshot in Season Five with cast changes and aired 11/29/76. Tapes for both episodes were recently found in the Sony vault and have never been seen by the public until now.
Ron Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #55
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Thanks for the info about the unaired episodes. I was wondering about this when the bonus features were announced. I wasn't aware of any unaired episodes.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:03 AM   #56
venusx
Frequent Poster

Thanks for the info! Too bad the unaired episodes aren't totally new to us but it will be interesting to see regardless. I wonder what the cast changes were? I assume with The Double Standard Carol's boyfriend changed characters, and the wife swappers changed in Maude's New Friends.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #57
Kasey

Regardless, it will be interesting to see these. There was an episode of WKRP that had a cast change and script differences ("The Contest Nobody Could Win") but unfortunately Shout did not realize this and did not include the alternate take (which IS available on the abysmal Fox set from 2007). Glad they are doing this for Maude.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #58
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Does Shout! charge tax on their orders? I'm thinking about ordering this set from Shout!'s site so I can get it a month earlier but if they charge tax it'll be cheaper for me to get it from amazon.

Also, how do I get promo codes? Are there any available now?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #59
Ron Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Does Shout! charge tax on their orders? I'm thinking about ordering this set from Shout!'s site so I can get it a month earlier but if they charge tax it'll be cheaper for me to get it from amazon.

Also, how do I get promo codes? Are there any available now?
If I remember correctly all charges are done with the shipping but the box sets almost always have free shipping so you only pay the cost of the DVD.

Promo codes vary during the yearÖusually during Christmas shopping time or special holidays and they recently had a new website opening sell too with promo codes. And sometimes they give out promo codes with purchase of box sets. I don't know if there are any promo codes right now. You can always google Shout Factory promo codes and see what pops up.

I hope that helps you out. I did order mine from Shout. I have gotten all the box sets from them and haven't been disappointed with their shipments.
Ron Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #60
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Thanks Ron Ron! I'll prob order this set from Shout! along with The Nanny when it goes up on their site.