Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #61
big bertha
Frequent Poster

Default TVLand Programming is hard to figure out

I can never figure out when a certain show will be on because it seems like they preempt every show on their schedule as if to force the viewer into watching a lousy reality show or a bad movie. Thank goodness for the off button on the remote. Classic tv will always be around-at least I hope. New generations need to discover it. WGN America is bringing Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie to their schedule next month. And Coach and In the Heat of the Night. I don't think it is just Tvland that has gone down the tubes-I mean have you guys tried to watch the news lately? Or should I say the so-called news? They seem more interested in celebrity and just tearing each other down. I for one am debating about keeping the cable. I watch an analog tv anyway-why would I want to get a converter box? Can anybody give me any tips on HDtv-if all the shows I watch are in full screen what is the benefit? Thanks for any info you can provide.
big bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #62
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

TV Land hasn't completely gone down the tubes like some of the cable networks below

ESPN Classic
VH1
MTV
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #63
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

TV Land Gets its 'Scrubs' on and Goes on Rounds During a Labor Day Marathon on Monday, September 1

NEW YORK, Aug 25, 2008 -- TV Land's got just what the doctor ordered with a prescription sure to tickle the funny bone when "Scrubs" premieres on Labor Day with a 7-hour marathon on Monday, September 1. Join J.D., Turk, Elliot, Carla, Dr. Cox and the entire Sacred Heart Hospital staff beginning at 4 p.m. (ET/PT) as they heal patients, mend broken hearts and keep viewers in stitches. "Scrubs" joins TV Land's line-up in its regularly scheduled timeslot of 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) from Monday to Friday beginning Tuesday, September 2.

"'Scrubs' is the perfect contemporary acquisition for TV Land as the network continues to grow as the ultimate entertainment network for people in their 40s and 50s," states Larry W. Jones, president, TV Land. "Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison and the entire cast is at their comedic best and their neurotic and side-splitting antics keep viewers laughing all night long. The quick-wit and humor of this series definitely appeals to our audience, and it is precisely the reason why TV Land voted it the winner of the 2001 Future Classic Award."

"Scrubs" follows the dynamic daily routines and bizarre happenings of the Sacred Heart hospital staff. Having premiered in October 2001, the series continues to be a prime time network hit as John "J.D." Dorian (Zach Braff) narrates the everyday personal and professional challenges that he and surgical intern and college buddy Chris Turk (Donald Faison) and the ambitious yet quirky intern Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke) face. Monitoring, mocking, belittling and criticizing their every move are: the sarcastic attending physician Dr. Perry Cox (John McGinley); the Chief of Medicine Dr. Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins); the warm-hearted nurse Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes) and J.D.'s adversary -- the conspiring hospital janitor (Neil Flynn).

The schedule for the "Scrubs" Labor Day Marathon is as follows (all times ET/PT):

Monday, September 1
4:00 p.m.
"My First Day"
Dr. J.D. Dorian is one of Sacred Heart's newest interns and on his first day he begins to doubt himself amidst the hospital mayhem, while his best friend Turk is an overly-confident surgical intern. Both J.D. and Turk are initially attracted to fellow intern Elliot, who turns out to be overly-competitive. Dr. Cox, Nurse Carla and Chief of Medicine Dr. Kelso watch the interns closely as they try hilariously to get through their first day.
4:30 p.m.
"Scrubs The Musical"
One of Sacred Heart's newest patients experiences everything in the hospital as in a musical, and Elliot tries to figure out how to break it to J.D. that he can't move in. Elsewhere Carla contemplates her working future.
5:00 p.m.
"My Mentor"
In an attempt to impress Dr. Cox, J.D. tries to convince a patient to stop smoking. Meanwhile Carla picks on Elliot for having a privileged upbringing, but Turk steps in to help smooth things over and ends up scoring a date with Carla.
5:30 p.m.
"My Old Lady"
J.D., Turk and Elliot each have elderly patients -all with different ailments. As Turk treats his hernia patient and Elliot treats her potential lupus patient, J.D. becomes attached to his patient who is in renal failure.
6:00 p.m.
"My Day Off"
J.D. becomes the patient in this episode when he is admitted for appendicitis. As Elliot examines him, J.D. has a first-hand experience with her cold bed-side manner, and later he requests that Turk not perform his operation which causes tension. Elsewhere in the hospital, Dr. Cox does everything he can to impress his mentor, the former Chief of Medicine, who is also a hospital patient.
6:30 p.m.
"My Catalyst"
Dr. Cox is out-shone by Dr. Kevin Casey (played by guest star Michael J. Fox), an obsessive compulsive surgeon with an extensive knowledge of obscure diseases, and J.D. begins to see him as a mentor. Meanwhile, the janitor gets some help with a garbage dilemma.
7:00 p.m.
"My Best Friend's Wedding"
Turk & Carla's wedding day finally arrives, but Turk is delayed by a demanding patient and J.D. does everything he can to mend his friendship with Elliot. This episode guest-stars Scott Foley and Freddy Rodriguez.
7:30 p.m.
"Scrubs The Musical"
(also seen at 4:30 p.m.)
8:00 p.m.
"My First Day"
(also seen at 4 p.m.)
8:30 p.m.
"My Life In Four Cameras"
After meeting a former writer for "Cheers," JD imagines his life as the perfect sitcom with multiple cameras filming "life" in a boring hospital where everything ends well. Back in the "real world" Turk and Carla try to keep the spark alive in their love life, and Dr. Cox has second thoughts as he attempts to fire a friendly cafeteria employee.
9:00 p.m.
"My Way Home"
With a "Wizard of Oz" twist, this episode finds J.D. trying to go home, Carla in search of the courage needed to become a parent, Turk looking for a heart donor and Elliot doubting her "brains" and ability to conduct a question and answer session.
9:30 p.m.
"My Half Acre"
When J.D. meets and falls for Julie (played by Mandy Moore) he always ends up saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and looks to Elliot for some romantic direction. Elsewhere, Turk forms an air-band with the janitor and Carla helps Dr. Cox get in touch with his gentler side to help him bond with his son.
10:00 p.m.
"My Own Personal Hell"
J.D. and the entire staff are fed up with Keith, the perfect intern, whose personal relationship with Elliot ends up becoming common knowledge. Meanwhile Carla resorts to trickery to figure out if Turk is sterile and Dr. Cox develops an over-inflated ego when a magazine tags him as "The Best Doctor in the City."
10:30 p.m.
"My Best Friend's Baby's Baby and My Baby's Baby"
As Carla goes into labor, J.D. and Kim begin to doubt and debate their baby's future and their future as couple. Already in parenthood, Jordon thinks Dr. Cox needs to be more protective of Jack.

About TV Land:

TV Land is dedicated to presenting the best in entertainment on all platforms for consumers in their 40s and 50s. Armed with a slate of original programming, acquired classic shows, hit movies and full-service web site, TV Land is now seen in over 90 million U.S. homes.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #64
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Labor Day is a stupid Day to have a marathon for a NEW SHOW
Old 08-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #65
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon
Labor Day is a stupid Day to have a marathon for a NEW SHOW
I agree - honestly most people are outside doing things on Memorial Day. I know I won't be watching TV on Monday, but you never know who is.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #66
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
I agree - honestly most people are outside doing things on Memorial Day. I know I won't be watching TV on Monday, but you never know who is.

Exactly, you would think SUNDAY would be better-lol
Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #67
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Having premiered in October 2001, the series continues to be a prime time network hit
hardly I don't think Scrubs has even made the top 50 the last few years. I get really tired of the networks proclaiming shows to be hits that aren't. ABC was really stupid to pick this show up, NBC knew it wasn't worth keeping.
what a lousy good for nothing show, shows how downhill TVLand has gone
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #68
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
hardly I don't think Scrubs has even made the top 50 the last few years. I get really tired of the networks proclaiming shows to be hits that aren't. ABC was really stupid to pick this show up, NBC knew it wasn't worth keeping.
It was popular for about 2 seasons, then ratings slipped and slipped, and they're pretty much off the charts this season. Did the show even manage to make it in the top 100??-LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #69
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule

well you know networks are always going to pump up their own shows even if they know it's a lie-lol
Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #70
DSfan

I forgot that Scrubs still has new episodes yet it is on TV Land. WOW.
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #71
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

One-time-only marathon added:

Saturday, Sept. 20 (early Sun., Sept. 21) ONLY
2:30am-6am Three's Company
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #72
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
One-time-only marathon added:

Saturday, Sept. 20 (early Sun., Sept. 21) ONLY
2:30am-6am Three's Company
Finally some decent programming decisions by TV Land!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #73
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

I know Scrubs is rated TV-14 on NBC, ABC, and syndication, but does it retain the TV-14 rating on TV Land?
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #74
Cheryl Harrell
I Love You Mike 4-Ever

Send a message via ICQ to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via AIM to Cheryl Harrell Send a message via Yahoo to Cheryl Harrell

Enough with the newer shows & reality shows. We are sick of them lol. Ad nauseum. LOL. We got satellite dish a few yrs back so we could watch old 50's-70's shows like on TVLAND. And now they want to give us this newer junk! YUCK! If they go to even more newer shows, I could end up with NOTHING to watch. I am not happy about that. RTN please come to my area. They have some good shows on but no station in my area. I am almost wishing I lived in Chicago so I could get their tv channel that plays the old shows. That one oughta be put on Dish Network. We would watch...

"Make it your way, who can beat the Lord, the Son of God. Dear Lord, help me be strong where I am weak, if it be your will"-- The Late Freddie Prinze Sr
Cheryl Harrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #75
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Ah, crap, Scrubs retains the TV-14 rating. This is pretty unorthodox for TV Land to allow programs rated TV-14 on their network.
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote