Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

For Your Love links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / For Your Love Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > For Your Love

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
jamesanthony

Default was this show ever syndicated?

It ran 5 seasons which seems long enough to be sold into reruns but I have never heard of it being reran anywhere. The WB punted it around a lot for like 2 years. Every time I thought they had axed it it would pop back up again. i thought the episode where Malena had her baby was the finale then it reappeared, disappeared and reappeared again.
jamesanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Re: was this show ever syndicated?

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesanthony
It ran 5 seasons which seems long enough to be sold into reruns but I have never heard of it being reran anywhere. The WB punted it around a lot for like 2 years. Every time I thought they had axed it it would pop back up again. i thought the episode where Malena had her baby was the finale then it reappeared, disappeared and reappeared again.

I think I remember this show being on my local WB station in reruns. I just found out the show aired on NBC in it's first season. I never knew that.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
jamesanthony

Yes I remember watching the pilot on NBC in early 1998. WB picked it up after NBC dropped it after only about 6 episodes.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesanthony
Yes I remember watching the pilot on NBC in early 1998. WB picked it up after NBC dropped it after only about 6 episodes.

Reggie's Wife was TOO GHETTO for me
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #5
jamesanthony

Tamala Jones was Reggie's wife. She also plays Tracy Morgan's wife on his sitcom. I remember her from the movie Booty Call with Jamie Foxx. The actor who played Reggie quit in the last season, just after the 2 characters got married.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Tamala Jones wasn't too ghetto for me. I like the characters that she always plays in movies & tv shows except for her character in Booty Call movie. Her character in that movie was a trip & i didn't like her hair braided. I saw Reggie on a episode of Martin once. Pam had thought he was Denzel Washington when he was pullin out of his driveway in a limo. Pam thought she had found Denzel's house when Martin & the gang took a trip to Hollywood & it ended up being Reggie & he was a african LOL. He was also on a episode of A Different World before as a abusive rapper towards some girl.
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #7
marvin g

Reggie didn't have a wife, they got as far as engaged if I remember correctly and then somewhere near the end Reggie was gone and a younger cousin popped up. I didn't know it was on NBC either but I really like this show. The show was set in Oak Park, IL not far from where I live. I thought Dean was funny when he gave his "married man" advice! He knew women like the back of his hand! By the way Miss Bobbie was a bit ghetto!
marvin g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #8
jamesanthony

Quote:
Originally posted by marvin g
Reggie didn't have a wife, they got as far as engaged if I remember correctly and then somewhere near the end Reggie was gone and a younger cousin popped up. I didn't know it was on NBC either but I really like this show. The show was set in Oak Park, IL not far from where I live. I thought Dean was funny when he gave his "married man" advice! He knew women like the back of his hand! By the way Miss Bobbie was a bit ghetto!
Reggie did marry Bobbie because he served her with divorce papers in the last season. They married and then I guess Edafe Blackmonn quit the show so they had to write him out of it. The show had a strange run. I think in the last year they stuck together episodes from 2 different seasons. I'm not sure, but I think the ones with Reggie were produced for the previous season when the show had been taken off for several months. I guess Blackmonn quit because he thought they were cancelled and when they got renewed he wasn't available to continue so they wrote him out. Not so farfetched that the character would marry and then back out of it. He was portrayed as being a commitment phobic person.