Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > The Waltons

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce


New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
seventies_sitcoms
*
Senior Member
 
seventies_sitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2005
Posts: 2,241
Default The Poltergeist episode

I always seem to miss this episode, and I was sort of too young to remember the series in primetime, but did they really have a haunting going on inside the Walton home? Did Elizabeth conjure some kind of spirit?
seventies_sitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Auntie
Member
Forum Regular
 
Auntie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 08, 2005
Posts: 995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventies_sitcoms
I always seem to miss this episode, and I was sort of too young to remember the series in primetime, but did they really have a haunting going on inside the Walton home? Did Elizabeth conjure some kind of spirit?
If your referring to the episode of'The Ghost Story', no, she didn't. They were just playing around with the spirit board. In my opinion, that really isn't sometihng to mess around with.
__________________
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD"

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"atriot:
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Prince Michael
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 26, 2011
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 287
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventies_sitcoms View Post
I always seem to miss this episode, and I was sort of too young to remember the series in primetime, but did they really have a haunting going on inside the Walton home? Did Elizabeth conjure some kind of spirit?
Do you mean "The Changeling" from October 26, 1978 ( the seventh season ) ? Wikipedia's synopsis says "Strange happenings coincide with the coming of Elizabeth's thirteenth birthday . Meanwhile, Jason becomes the host of a new radio show, giving relationship advice ." To my memory, a series of unusual events does happen in the Walton's house . I wasn't sure what to tell you at first, until I decided to look on the internet for information about his episode . One website devoted to paranormal phenomena said "... nearly all poltergeist phenomena occur in the presence of a human agent, usually an adolescent boy or girl ." The IMDB website says "Elizabeth is turning thirteen years old - not quite a child, not quite a woman . Strange things begin to happen due to her being unsettled ." TV.Com said "As her thirteenth birthday approaches, Elizabeth is caught between her dual desires to remain a girl and become a woman ." . Here are some links you might find interesting --

https://www.kindertrauma.com/the-wal...he-changeling/

http://www.allaboutthewaltons.com/ep-s7/s07-05.php

https://thewaltons.fandom.com/wiki/The_Changling

This episode might be on DVD . Good luck and I hope this helps .
Prince Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #4
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 40,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Michael View Post
Do you mean "The Changeling" from October 26, 1978 ( the seventh season ) ? Wikipedia's synopsis says "Strange happenings coincide with the coming of Elizabeth's thirteenth birthday . Meanwhile, Jason becomes the host of a new radio show, giving relationship advice ." To my memory, a series of unusual events does happen in the Walton's house . I wasn't sure what to tell you at first, until I decided to look on the internet for information about his episode . One website devoted to paranormal phenomena said "... nearly all poltergeist phenomena occur in the presence of a human agent, usually an adolescent boy or girl ." The IMDB website says "Elizabeth is turning thirteen years old - not quite a child, not quite a woman . Strange things begin to happen due to her being unsettled ." TV.Com said "As her thirteenth birthday approaches, Elizabeth is caught between her dual desires to remain a girl and become a woman ." . Here are some links you might find interesting --

https://www.kindertrauma.com/the-wal...he-changeling/

http://www.allaboutthewaltons.com/ep-s7/s07-05.php

https://thewaltons.fandom.com/wiki/The_Changling

This episode might be on DVD . Good luck and I hope this helps .
Yes! That's the one! That was a really cool ep. I could relate to it because spooky spiritual stuff like that used to happen to my Sister and I when we were kids , never to my Brother though! And in that ep. too. Elizabeth's Raggedy Ann doll was like dancing around the room if I remember correctly, it's been a lot of years since I saw it, but something spooky with the doll, and that was really cool but creepy to me cause I collect Raggedy Ann's. I have a bunch of them in my bedroom, after watching that on Hallmark channel, that night I was like looking at the dolls before I went to bed, as to say now none of you are going to do something spooky tonight and freak me out right? Also I was like that after finding out the real Annabelle doll was a haunted Raggedy Ann!








Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
Torgo
Art by Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,242
Default

14 years later, I hope the OP has finally seen the episode.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
Prince Michael
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 26, 2011
Location: Helena, Montana
Posts: 287
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventies_sitcoms View Post
I always seem to miss this episode, and I was sort of too young to remember the series in primetime, but did they really have a haunting going on inside the Walton home? Did Elizabeth conjure some kind of spirit?
Quote:
Yes! That's the one! That was a really cool ep. I could relate to it because spooky spiritual stuff like that used to happen to my Sister and I when we were kids , never to my Brother though! And in that ep. too. Elizabeth's Raggedy Ann doll was like dancing around the room if I remember correctly, it's been a lot of years since I saw it, but something spooky with the doll, and that was really cool but creepy to me cause I collect Raggedy Ann's. I have a bunch of them in my bedroom, after watching that on Hallmark channel, that night I was like looking at the dolls before I went to bed, as to say now none of you are going to do something spooky tonight and freak me out right? Also I was like that after finding out the real Annabelle doll was a haunted Raggedy Ann!
If you can't wait to find the DVD collection that features this episode, you can watch the entire thing at the following link --

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6tnaf0

I wish every question was this easy to answer ! ( Toasts his fellow posters with a bottle of soda pop and takes a drink . )
Prince Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #7
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 40,137
Default

Another really cool, creepy episode was "The Grandchild" Season 6 !

Mary Ellen gives birth to the Waltons' first grandchild, John Curtis Willard. However, Cassie, a lonely and superstitious teenage neighbor whose premature baby girl was stillborn, believes John Curtis was sent to replace her own baby and she kidnaps him. It is up to Olivia to gently explain to Cassie that someday Cassie will have another baby, but that John Curtis is really Mary Ellen's.

Poor Cassie!! She was SCARY!!! "Look into the face of death, never feel your babies breath"!! That is what she said to a pregnant Mary Ellen on a stormy night after she had helped to deliver Cassie's baby who was stillborn!! Mary Ellen was TOTALLY freaked out!!!!





Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.