Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #331
Torgo
Art by Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran

Writer/director Roger Watkins, on the audio commentary for the Barrel DVD release of Last House On Dead End Street talked about how doing that commentary with horror film critic Chas Balun was the first time he was able to watch that version of the film with out getting angry. He knew the film would have to be shortened down from its original 3 hour run time, but it was done by the studio without any of his input. He didn't like how some scenes were moved around, and felt some things that were removed took away the motivation of some of the characters. He was also upset with how the dialogue was re dubbed. The film was shot without sound, Watkins re dubbed the sound for the original and the dialogue was in sync. But when the studio re dubbed it for the shortened version everything was out of sync.
He also hated the voice over narration at the end explaining the fates of the main characters. He felt it was the studio chickening out and not letting the characters get away with what they did.
Watkins also didn't like the title Last House On Dead End Street which the studio gave to it to cash in on Wes Craven's film Last House On The Left, he preferred his original title The Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell.
Attached Images

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #332
pphilipp
Occasional Poster

Oftentimes a performer or artist is not fully aware of why something is loved or cherished (example is the Sir Alec Guinness quote). But just because they don’t appreciate it doesn’t mean it’s an embarrassment or something really bad, it might simply mean it doesn’t appeal to them and they are not capable of fully enjoying it.

A personal example is the singer/songwriter Elvis Costello has stated many times how he doesn’t like his biggest hit ‘Everyday I Write the Book’. He has gone as far as re-recording it and doing various differing live performances of it, none which sound like the original, but to him they are an improvement and what he wanted the song to sound like originally. And guess what? Him and I totally disagree 100%! I love the original and despise his later attempts. I feel like perhaps he doesn’t realize why the song is good. Maybe only the original producers understood the song and were able to make it into a hit where if it had been left to Costello the song would never have achieved the greatness which it did.

Perhaps if Sir Alec Guinness had been in charge, Star Wars would have bombed and been forgotten. Who knows?
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 AM   #333
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Shailene Woodley revealed in a 2018 interview w/ Net-a-Porter's PorterEdit that she almost quit acting after The Divergent Series: Allegiant bombed.

"The last one was a bit of a hard experience for everyone, and that was really what made me think I need to have some human experiences outside of this industry and fall in love with acting again, and 'Big Little Lies' did that for me."

"I felt it was time to do something different. I called my agents and said, 'Please don't send me any more scripts. I need to explore other avenues.' I read the 'Big Little Lies' scripts and fell in love with it. Laura [Dern], who I had worked with on 'The Fault in Our Stars,' called me and that was really the push.
"

https://www.insider.com/shailene-woo...t-movie-2018-6
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote