Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Maude links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Maude Photo Gallery

Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony) DVD
Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) DVD
Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Series on DVD
(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Maude

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
RWCTV
Making Sense

Default Maude Complete Series DVD, Bootlegs or Genuine?

I just recently bought the complete series of Maude on e-bay. The only thing is, I'm not 100% sure if it is a bootleg or if it is a genuine copy. The reason why I think it may be a bootleg is because one disc had what appeared to be a "scuff" on it, and I went to the computer to try and test the full readability of the disc. In doing this, I saw that the file size of the disc made it single layer, meaning that all of the episodes were compressed down, but they did look good. The only other reason why it may not be a bootleg is because if you look at TV shows like the latest re-releases of Benson season 2 and Archie Bunker's Place season one, Mill Creek managed to compress the episodes down (very well by the way) to use as few discs as possible, making them more affordable.

And so, if you happened to purchase Maude: The complete series from anywhere other than e-bay, would you please do me a favor and be so kind as to pop a disc in your computer and read the file size to see if your copy is single layer (which is 4.25 GB or smaller) or if it is above that?

I recently bought the Shout Factory version of The Jeffersons: The Complete Series from a website and the discs I put in were all dual layer (about 7+ GB), (and that is a Shout Factory release) but Maude isn't. Checking the number of GB on any random disc would help me verify whether or not this is a genuine copy, or a bootleg. The thing is, on the outside, it looks very much like a genuine copy. All of the discs inside look like they were printed from Shout Factory. Still, I'm not 100% sure. What do you think?

Do you desire to know about the topics that help you and hurt you in society? Whether it is Government, religious discussion, psychology, and health, we have it all!

http://makingsense.proboards.com/

Stop in, get informed, or debate the issues. If you have something to say, this is the place. Hope that you'll join us! See you there!!!
RWCTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
Kasey

I got my set from Shout Factory and when I insert a disc it reads 7.34 GB.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
RWCTV
Making Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
I got my set from Shout Factory and when I insert a disc it reads 7.34 GB.
Thank you for checking that out for me. This boxed set is the best bootleg I have ever seen... ever!!!

So, in order to discern the real one from the fake one, the fake one will be compressed down to single layer (around 4 GB) whereas the genuine one is dual layer (around 7 GB).

Also, this boxed set seemed to be missing the 40 page commemorative booklet.

The protective case was very sturdy, and the packaging looks like it genuinely came from Shout factory. Even the labeling was just as good as the labeling on my genuine Jeffersons discs. Very clever. And yet, in hindsight, it was the scuff on the one disc that led to all of this. Huh.... interesting.
RWCTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:37 AM   #4
Jack77
Forum Regular

How or where do you read the disc info?
Jack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
kyfm
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack77 View Post
How or where do you read the disc info?
by inserting a dvd/bd into ur computer's dvd/bd-rom drive.
kyfm is offline   Reply With Quote