Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Maude links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Maude Photo Gallery

Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Sony) DVD
Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) DVD
Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Third Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Fourth Season (Shout! Factory) DVD
Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)

Buy Maude - The Complete Series on DVD
(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Maude

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Stars from Fan-Favorite Series Reunite on It's a Wonderful Lifetime; HGTV's A Very Brady Contest
FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Really? You said above that it's too depressing to see again. I might fall closer in line with your initial sentiment. The acting was certainly great, and the writing as well as it provided enlightenment on the character. But once you've absorbed all that, it's kind of like going back to the doctor and asking him/her to repeat what he/she told you last time, as if that's going to reveal a different diagnosis. I understand the diagnosis now. I know what's "wrong" with Maude and I accept it. Now let me laugh at her.

I am going to get the DVD and watch it all over again since it is now available
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #17
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

I just watched the episode for the very first time and I have to say it is BY FAR the best episode of the series that I've seen so far. It touched me deeply and it gives Maude more depth as a human and not just a character.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #18
Ron Ron

I haven't seen that episode yet but will see it this week. I have so many dvds thats it has been hard to get to all my dvds….LOL
Ron Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #19
Kasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I just watched the episode for the very first time and I have to say it is BY FAR the best episode of the series that I've seen so far. It touched me deeply and it gives Maude more depth as a human and not just a character.
It's a departure for the series and Bea gives a great performance (as always) but this time it's more drama then comedy, so it's not one of my favorites or "go-to" episodes.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
It's a departure for the series and Bea gives a great performance (as always) but this time it's more drama then comedy, so it's not one of my favorites or "go-to" episodes.

Yes very dramatic lol I was almost in tears
Old 06-23-2015, 01:36 AM   #21
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Maude was the only person in this episode talking to her therapist who was only seen from behind while she talked about her life and childhood and turning 50. Wow this was one bizarre episode

See this episode is the main reason why this show does not do well in syndication because of how serious it was. Who can watch a depressing episode like that again?-lol
I remember when that episode first aired, I read somewhere that they got the idea for it from that MASH episode where it was just Hawkeye for the entire show.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:51 AM   #22
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Who else has done stuff like that? Wasn't there a Family Ties with Alex in this style?
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:19 AM   #23
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

yea, I think there was. And FAMILY GUY did it once, with Stewie & Brian locked in a bank vault or something.
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #24
cleverfun3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
This show and All in the Family was only meant to seen one time lol

I happen to be a huge fan of BOTH those iconic shows and I am here to state that they are most definitely worth watching more than one time apiece.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000

I happen to be a huge fan of BOTH those iconic shows and I am here to state that they are most definitely worth watching more than one time apiece.

I think that statement only applies to Laverne and Shirley and One Day at a Time. I take that back about Maude and All in the Family
Old 06-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #26
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000

I agree with you 100% these were both good shows.I really did like the episode of March when she was talking to her analyst I thought the author did some great work there as an actress to cost her to stretch yourself and really come out of the box with all of the lines and memorization I just really Thought that she did an outstanding job Nell Carter did the same thing on season four of give me a break when her caracter was trapped in an elevator with a woman that was deaf. ms Carter did well in this episode as well.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #27
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
I agree with you 100% these were both good shows.I really did like the episode of March when she was talking to her analyst I thought the author did some great work there as an actress to cost her to stretch yourself and really come out of the box with all of the lines and memorization I just really Thought that she did an outstanding job Nell Carter did the same thing on season four of give me a break when her caracter was trapped in an elevator with a woman that was deaf. ms Carter did well in this episode as well.
That's one of the best episodes of "Gimme a Break!" ever made. It was very well written and acted.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #28
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Just rewatched this episode this morning.

It still holds its own. This episode was so well-written and brilliantly acted by Bea. This is probably one of the best sitcom episodes ever made...not just of "Maude" but of ANY sitcom. It's like a one woman show, it goes through so many emotions in just 25 minutes. So genius.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #29
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Just rewatched this episode this morning.

It still holds its own. This episode was so well-written and brilliantly acted by Bea. This is probably one of the best sitcom episodes ever made...not just of "Maude" but of ANY sitcom. It's like a one woman show, it goes through so many emotions in just 25 minutes. So genius.

I see that it's complete on DVD by shout and I now have to add this to my list of shows
Old 03-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #30
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music
Forum Veteran

I actually liked this episode. Very well acted and showed how talented Bea was