Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Student Bodies links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Student Bodies Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Student Bodies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Boned When...
Never Boned 0 0%
Day 1 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Question Student Bodies Boned the Fish When...

http://www.bonethefish.com/viewtopics.php?395

Quote:
Student Bodies is a syndicated television comedy program produced in Montreal, Quebec, Canada from 1997 to the end of 1999 that mixed animation with live action. The show was originally made for the American market and aired briefly in syndication, and also aired in Canada on CBC Television, Global and YTV. It has been called "an imitation of Saved by the Bell" by critics, and featured an ensemble cast of high school students at Thomas A. Edison High School.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070225...ptheshark.com/
  • Other Thoughts:

This Show RULED SO MUCH It's Was a Hell of Alot Better Than Saved By THE Bell And Malibu,CA and All That other Crap That Passes For "Teen Shows" Plus Jessica Goldapple Is Beyond Hot.
    It's sad that this show was axed so soon, but it's better than having the cast go to college or bringing in a new class, I suppose. The cartoon sequences lent a funny edge to the show absent in any other high school sitcom-type show, and the cast and writers were all very talented, and genuinely seemed to like what they were doing. This show was intelligent, witty and funny. Too bad it was axed so soon, but it's better than having the show suffer through the "Puberty" syndrome by making them go to college.
    From the Start, pretending to be an american teen comedy
    Since the beginning, it sucked. The canned laughter was corny, and they were idiots, trying to be funny with their cockamamie plots of being eating by the principal. The cartoons were cornier than an unwashed foot, and was an embarrassment for us Canadians. I hope YTV and Global burn the tapes for ever, for if they do, I'll light them myself.
    Student Bodies never jumped, it got better with time. The only time it may have come close to jumping the shark was when they got rid of Grace and replaced her with Holly. I'm sorry but she was a brat, and looked too much like Mags.
    This show never jumped! Plus I agree with someone who posted before, Jessica Goldapple was HOT!
    I was waaaay beyond age this show was intended for - although I was probably closer to the actors featured in Student Bodies then their intended audience!!- but I used to love watching the show , I'd get up early saturday mornings to watch it! The show's quality deteriorated when Student Bodies went on to become a weak imitation of Friends- really disappointing- even the original perky theme song was changed to sound kinda like "ahhh be there for youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!"( The lead guy ( I don't remember ANY of the actors names or their names of their characters)lusted for some time for the new girl: he was a white dude- very cute, jewish looking and SHE was black .. or something.. so you can see the show was different from the beginning- if you watch Friends you'd be convinced only white folk inhabit the ilse of manhattan. The updated version of the show: both actors were paired with actors with matching enthicities. The nerds ( the best friends of both) were able to hook up too. THEY BLEW IT. Student Bodies used to have a website..lol
    This show RAWKED! The second season started out as a bit of a let down when the two evil nerds became accepted by the popular clique but when they had that old friend of the black chick on the show (she was black?) come for a visit and it turns out she was now a lesbian, why didn't this crap win an emmy? It was down right daring for a the saturday morning fluff intended audience. The show was way better than it ever should have been and retardedly cancelled.
    When they changed the theme song to a rip off of the song from friends, and made the show about relationships. Not that it was that good before. The actors were too old, and the underground paper concept was totally wasted, with lame, lame cartoon bits. Also, hanging out at that coffee bar all the time, that sucked.
    Are you people kidding me? This show sucked like a vacuum. This program was the illegitimate spawn of that "Teen NBC" dreck. It was mediocre when it was in the high school, but it was excruciating when they changed the theme song and went to college. When you think about it, both theme shows blew. I couldn't that whole "Student bodies, student bodies..." thing, and the new theme song sounded like The Corrs on tranquilizers. Just plain god awful.
    Awww, c'mon. This show was cute. A bit on the cheesy side, but it was a welcomed change from the formulaic writing of shows like SBTB and California Dreams and all those other TNBC shows. Plus, Mark Taylor (Romeo) was pretty damn cute. I watched it because I was infatuated with him and his good looks. Is that a bad thing
    I think this show jumped the shark when they merged Student Bodies and the Student Voice together....... before that it wasn't a very good show but it was "innocent teen-age fun" and that's always cool to watch. After they changed the theme song and the two papers merged it was like they were trying to rip-off Friends *as said earlier*.
    Francesca Light (the actual name of the character previously referred to only as Flash) was not an idiot, as Cody's original opening voice-over suggested. Rather, she was the brains behind the Student Voice, whereas Victor was an über-moron and über-chump dressed like a country club teenager. That was just the tip of the iceberg in a show that was about the usual stereotypes rather than a fresh perspective on cutthroat social politics.
    This show was OK in the beginning, and it had some good episodes in the last season, but it was not a quality show, or even a quantity show (those cartoons were used to fill up spaces where the writers couldn't do their job). Also, it tried to be Friends--with the new intro, and the "least likely" charactars, Chris and Mags, getting together, plus Cody and Emily's relationship was JUST like Ross and Rachel's. I am glad this show was canceled before they all went off to college or something.

Last edited by TMC; 03-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote