Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Are You Afraid of the Dark and All That Get More Episodes; Tyler Perry Gets Nick Sitcom
Remembering Ja'Net DuBois of Good Times, Kellye Nakahara of M*A*S*H, and Others We've Recently Lost
Family Matters Back on TBS; Caroline Rhea to Headline Showtime Comedy Special
The Last O.G. Returns to TBS on April 7; He-Man Gets All-Star Cast on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 17, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CSI Limited Series for the 20th Anniversary?; ABC Orders Comedy Pilots
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens; HBO's Avenue 5 Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland View Post
I have a lot of people who play in bands, Tony Warner plays guitar he thinks he's Jimi Hendrix, but he sounds like Jimmy Page of today (Page isn't a good guitarist).

Lisa Giuseppi:She used to be Tony's best friend between 1977 and 1984. They both went to Garfield Heights High School and would be in a band "Where Are You Going To?" After a fight over a microphone, Tony said "That ***** Is Dead To Me"! But 20+ years later...she returns to his life and is good friends with Helen, Paul, and John. Her daytime job is a nurse at Parma's University Hospital and she still has "Where Are You Going To?" But with a new lead singer...

Joshua Heimlick:He too hung-out with Tony between 1977 and 1984. He would hint at the time that he's gay. When Tony met with Helen, he would hang-out with her and Tony's sisters. He replaced Tony in "Where Are You Going To?" and it's more successful. He owns a nostalgia store called "Collector's Box" and he also dates Lisa and works at The Cleveland Crisis Center. "Where Are You Going To?" name came from this song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnxTvqOe-I

Frank Stag:Frank Stag has a jam nite at McGuire's every Thursday. Tony only hangs-out with Frank when he needs money...which is every Thursday. Frank co-owns McGuire's and gives Tony 1/2 price on everything at the bar.

Rick Raccoon:He's a guitarist for a band "3 D's 2 B's and An Awesome Guy" (Don't Ask)! He also plays every Thursday at McGuire's.

Rick Fitzgerald:He plays drums for "3 D's 2 B's and An Awesome Guy" which would later become "3 D's 2 B's and Some Other Guy" once Tony Warner left and Frank Stag replaced him. They also have a band called "Whatever"...because they play whatever they feel like!

Rick Kovach:He plays keyboards for "3 D's 2 B's and An Awesome Guy/Some Other Guy" as well as a Barbershop Quartet and is part of The Cathedral Contemporary Band alongside with Frank Stag, Andy Amos, Jim Zavarella, and his wife Kari Kovach. He's Hungarian-American and said that he played accordion as a child.

Kari Galishoff-Kovach:She sings for "3 D's 2 B's and An Awesome Guy/Some Other Guy" and The Cathedral Contemporary Band. She's Austrian-American and married Rick on Wednesday May 8, 1985. They also travel to Europe on that date.

James Zavarella:Only one of the three people Tony never criticized (the other two are his Grandma Warner and Frank Sinatra). He owns a pizza place called "Jim's Pizza Shack". He also does catering and plays drums for many bands and also owns the most G.I. Joe's in the Cleveland area.

Nelson Nelson:He also plays guitar at The Cathedral Contemporary band, but he also has his own band there. He's the Warner's next-door neighbor and would be out every Friday Night...and he gives Paul and the other Warner's advice.

Nancy Nelson:The wife of Nelson Nelson, she sings and plays guitar at her own leisure. Tony likes Nancy and she would also be in The Cathedral Contemporary Band.

Michael Charles "M.C." Hammer:A bass player for the house band at McGuire's, his day job is the associate access club teacher at The Cathedral Community College. He has a physical handicap since he would walk with a cane.

Greg McAllen:The drummer for the house band at McGuire's. He's a conspiracy theorist and would say "The Moon Landing Was Staged" and is a denier.

Mike Michaelson Sr.:A guitarist for the house band at McGuire's. He and his son are also barflies at McGuire's as well.

Mike Michaelson Jr.:He would talk about conspiracies as well and is a barfly.

Trevor Geoff Downes-Horn:The keyboard player for the house band at McGuire's. He loves progressive music and played Genesis' "Supper's Ready" when the night was done once. He even says that Phil Collins ruined Genesis!
Do you play anything yourself?
Old 08-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #17
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault View Post
Do you play anything yourself?
I play percussion...I like playing the cowbell. I sing as well.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #18
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
I play percussion...I like playing the cowbell. I sing as well.
Cool. I wonder if you just play the cowbell and that's it.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #19
MA
Forum Legend

And I can picture you on the show being the percussionist playing cowbell along with other instruments.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #20
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault View Post
And I can picture you on the show being the percussionist playing cowbell along with other instruments.
Paul would even play cowbell in the Cathedral Community Orchestra and Symphonic Band.

Now here's Paul's workers at The Orson-Ado...

Thomas Oatley:He's a business manager at The Orson-Ado. He's the busiest guy in the business. He takes pity for Paul because he too works hard. He also volunteers at The Cleveland Crisis Center.

Muriel Masterson:She arranges the mail at The Orson-Ado. Her brother is Thomas and she too volunteers at The Cleveland Crisis Center.

Susan Khrushchev:She's the secretary at The Orson-Ado. She's related to Nikita Khrushchev and has a twin sister named Teri.

Teri Khrushchev:She's the secretary at The Orson-Ado. She's related to Nikita Khrushchev and has a twin sister named Susan.

Wally Weasel:He's the co-owner of The Orson-Ado. Of all things, he wants to own The Orson-Ado and has Mafia ties...he also wants to get made.

Here's Paul's workers at The Cathedral Community College...

Dr. Brock Rock "Doc" Miller:He's an intern pastor and would like to be the pastor at The Cathedral Community College. The Reverend would rather have Nelson be the minister ones he dies. Doc Miller went to **** Roberts University which is next to Oral Roberts University. Doc Miller was born in Hell, Michigan and was raised in Troy. He's a die-hard Wolverines Fan and is the same age as James-Paul Warner.

Eleanor Richalenstein:She's the secretary of The Cathedral Community College. She likes Paul and once defended him after Gutch Konarski almost fired him. Elanor also likes disco, her favorite disco band is The Bee Gees....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JoZS6LgqYI

Alexandra Miller:She's the archive and file worker at The Cathedral Community College. She's the wife of Doc Miller and rarely talks.

Anna-Sophia Saggs:She's a teacher at The Cathedral Community College who has a crush on The Reverend. She's hated Paul ever since Kindergarten. She used to be a stripper, a dancer, and a model until she started to lose her figure.

Ryan Weber:He works at the Strength In The Hospitality, a non-for-profit that helps people live The American Way.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #21
MrIndiana
Banned
Banned!!
First Time Poster

I'm curious to learn more about this sitcom idea and I was wondering if you could these questions.

1. Who is the target audience for this show?
2. Is this animated or live action?
3. Do you have any connections? Are you going to independently fund this?
4. How do you expect to get so many celebrity guests and rights to the licensed music?
5. How do you expect to start with 1 season of this? Also, a sponsorship from Miller?
6. Did you really plan this to go on for 12 seasons?
7. Where exactly does the humor come from?
8. How much influence would you say this show takes from shows like The Simpsons, Cheers, Newhart, Seinfeld, Home Improvement and The Wonder Years?

P.S.
It's Miller time
MrIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #22
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIndiana View Post
I'm curious to learn more about this sitcom idea and I was wondering if you could these questions.

1. Who is the target audience for this show?
2. Is this animated or live action?
3. Do you have any connections? Are you going to independently fund this?
4. How do you expect to get so many celebrity guests and rights to the licensed music?
5. How do you expect to start with 1 season of this? Also, a sponsorship from Miller?
6. Did you really plan this to go on for 12 seasons?
7. Where exactly does the humor come from?
8. How much influence would you say this show takes from shows like The Simpsons, Cheers, Newhart, Seinfeld, Home Improvement and The Wonder Years?

P.S.
It's Miller time
1-The 18-49 viewership...the show will be TV-MA.
2-It's live-action...it was going to be animated, but that'll take a long time.
3-Most likely...independent...I have another show to begin which is a midnight movie show.
4-This will be a thing I'll worry about...I'll also show other TV shows/movies/cartoons that'll need a requested fee.
5-If Season 1 fails on a station...the rest will be seen online. It'll be sponsored by many products.
6-Yes.
7-The humor is dark and obscure...
8-The influence comes from many sitcoms from I Love Lucy, All In The Family, Home Improvement, Seinfeld, and Frasier just to name a few....

PS-I had an argument with my brother today about Tony...he hates it that he uses force with a gun toward anyone...I only use this to show how much of an ******* he (Tony) is.

PPS-The Reverend's REAL name is **** Roberts, the long-lost brother of Oral Roberts.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #23
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Default Update...

I just finished a rough draft for the pilot episode of Bertstown...it's 25 pages long, that's why it's a rough draft.

I'm gonna give it to my brother and to someone who knows about scripts.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #24
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
I just finished a rough draft for the pilot episode of Bertstown...it's 25 pages long, that's why it's a rough draft.

I'm gonna give it to my brother and to someone who knows about scripts.
Good luck.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #25
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
Some suggestions for you:

Who would guest star on your show? Would there be any musical episodes?

Since it's called Bertstown, the answer should be obvious:

Old 01-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #26
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Since it's called Bertstown, the answer should be obvious:

Bert is my #1 Sesame Street Character.

I made a minor change...Helen Warner's middle name is "Bernadette", but many would call her Helen Bernie...and I had a dog named Helen Bernie. The character HATES being called Helen Bernie...but she does enjoy this song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9l4MGwpQS0