Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Family Matters Back on TBS; Caroline Rhea to Headline Showtime Comedy Special
The Last O.G. Returns to TBS on April 7; He-Man Gets All-Star Cast on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 17, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CSI Limited Series for the 20th Anniversary?; ABC Orders Comedy Pilots
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens; HBO's Avenue 5 Gets 2nd Season
The Mighty Ducks Returning as Series on Disney+; NBC Sets More Mid-Season Series
NBC Renews Superstore for Season 6; UK Comedy Receives 2nd Season Before US Premiere


New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #361
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

Annie's Song - John Denver
__________________
~Mikaela~
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #362
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 31,941
Music

"That's the Way I Like it" - KC and The Sunshine Band.

If only he had left out just one uh-huh uh-huh.


Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
When you take me by the hand
Tell me I'm your loving man
When you give me all your love
And do it the very best you can
Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
When I get to be in your arms
When we're all all alone
When you whisper sweet in my ear
When you turn, turn me on
Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
Babe, oh babe (that's the way, uh-huh, that's the way, uh-huh)
Babe, oh babe (that's the way, uh-huh, that's the way, uh-huh)
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
Oh, that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:07 AM   #363
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

"400 Lux" by Lorde
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #364
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 31,941
Music

(Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher - Rita Coolidge


Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Now once, I was downhearted
Disappointment was my closest friend
But you came, he soon departed
And he never showed his face again

Ohh I'm so glad I finally found you
You're that one in a million man
When you wrap your lovin' arms around me
I can stand up and face the world again

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Oh your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:07 AM   #365
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

Heavy - Collective Soul
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #366
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy View Post
(Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher - Rita Coolidge


Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Now once, I was downhearted
Disappointment was my closest friend
But you came, he soon departed
And he never showed his face again

Ohh I'm so glad I finally found you
You're that one in a million man
When you wrap your lovin' arms around me
I can stand up and face the world again

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Oh your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore

Your love is liftin' me higher
Than I've ever been lifted before
So keep it up, quench my desire
And I'll be at your side forevermore
Originally done by Jackie Wilson with one change:

Ohh I'm so glad I finally found you
You're that one in a million girl
When you wrap your lovin' arms around me
I can stand up and face the world
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #367
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

"Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" by Led Zeppelin
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #368
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 31,941
Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M. View Post
Originally done by Jackie Wilson with one change:

Ohh I'm so glad I finally found you
You're that one in a million girl
When you wrap your lovin' arms around me
I can stand up and face the world
You're right, Steve, but Wilson's original is titled (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher which also doesn't mention the title. Rita's remake was changed to (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher. The only reason I posted Rita's version was because I was listening to Pandora and heard the song. I thought something didn't sound quite right so I did a lyrics search to see if I was right.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #369
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy View Post
You're right, Steve, but Wilson's original is titled (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher which also doesn't mention the title. Rita's remake was changed to (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher. The only reason I posted Rita's version was because I was listening to Pandora and heard the song. I thought something didn't sound quite right so I did a lyrics search to see if I was right.
There were so many covers of pre-1970 R&B songs in the seventies that few people too young to remember the originals didn't realize that the '70s records were covers. Not too many Linda Ronstadt fans realized that most of her records were covers.
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #370
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 31,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M. View Post
There were so many covers of pre-1970 R&B songs in the seventies that few people too young to remember the originals didn't realize that the '70s records were covers. Not too many Linda Ronstadt fans realized that most of her records were covers.
You're exactly right.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #371
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

Elton's Song - Elton John
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #372
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity
 
Steve M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,967
Default

Percy's Song - Bob Dylan (covered by Fairport Convention)
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #373
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

"Radio Friendly Unit Shifter" by Nirvana
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #374
Edward216
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2014
Location: Central Time Zone
Posts: 3,392
Default

Time (Clock Of The Heart) by Culture Club.

The closest it comes is a line in the second verse, "Time is like a clock in my heart".

Ed.
Edward216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #375
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 70,754
Default

Munich - Editors
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.