Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Schitt's Creek Heads to Syndication on Stations and Comedy Central; Apple Orders Patricia Arquette Comedy
Decades Fall 2020 Schedule; CMT Acquires American Housewife
Antenna TV Fall 2020 Schedule, with 2021 Teases; 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 21, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Prepares for More Sunday Night Movies; The Office Arrives on Blu-ray and More Head of the Class DVDs
Fri-Yay: Viewers Discovering Cobra Kai Now on Netflix; ABC Announces Fall 2020 Drama Premiere Dates
ABC Officially Orders Katey Sagal Series, Cancels Stumptown; SNL Goes Live All October

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #91
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I'll be announcing August tomorrow.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #92
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

This is what I am thinking

8:00 am CT Good Times
8:30 am CT Good Times
9:00 am CT Andy Griffith
9:30 am CT Andy Griffith
10:00 am CT Leave it to Braver
10:30 am CT Leave it to Beaver
11:00 am CT The Brady Bunch
11:30 am CT The Brady Bunch
12:00 pm CT The Beverly Hillbillies
12:30 pm CT Sanford And Son.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #93
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Starting tomorrow, She's Got the Look will air new episodes at 10pm instead of 9pm. Previous week's encores will air at 9 instead.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #94
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Starting tomorrow, She's Got the Look will air new episodes at 10pm instead of 9pm. Previous week's encores will air at 9 instead.
TV Land just needs to stop with the original programming. Nothing is working for them. She's Got The Look can be added to their list of "originals that didn't work."

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #95
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

The first season did well. 1 million viewers. They needed to keep the originals Wednesdays at 10 and it looks like they learned that because the two August originals are going back there now.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #96
clj2

Just because it was big last year doesn't always guarantee that it would do well this year. Look at how bad TV Land is this year as opposed to last year at this time. They had higher rated shows. The fewer viewers for TV Land, the fewer viewers for SGTL. I think the time change for the show in the middle of a season will hurt, instead of help....I bet it won't be back. "Make My Day" will probably be a bomb too.

You know something....I was just looking at the schedule, and they don't have a single hit program on the lineup other than the westerns

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #97
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
Just because it was big last year doesn't always guarantee that it would do well this year. Look at how bad TV Land is this year as opposed to last year at this time. They had higher rated shows. The fewer viewers for TV Land, the fewer viewers for SGTL. I think the time change for the show in the middle of a season will hurt, instead of help....I bet it won't be back. "Make My Day" will probably be a bomb too.

You know something....I was just looking at the schedule, and they don't have a single hit program on the lineup other than the westerns
It's crazy. I don't get how shows like Roseanne and The Cosby Show can be so highly rated on NAN, yet they get close to nothing on TV Land. NAN even mentioned Roseannne in its last press release-lol.

I really don't think its the shows, like you said. People have just given up on TV Land. They aren't watching it anymore, no matter what's airing.

And starting this morning, I don't think I get TV Land anymore. A blue screen is coming up on my TV that because of the digital switch, I no longer get TV Land. Pretty sure that means it has become a digital-only channel now, at least for Comcast users. Go figure
Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #98
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
And starting this morning, I don't think I get TV Land anymore. A blue screen is coming up on my TV that because of the digital switch, I no longer get TV Land. Pretty sure that means it has become a digital-only channel now, at least for Comcast users. Go figure
WOW, poor TV Land. Comcast is a huge cable company with millions of subscribers.

Can't wait to see the August schedule, but I doubt I'll be watching it much barring MWC coming back.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #99
clj2

Well, they aren't really missing anything I want to trade TV Land for WGN. IMO, TV Land is one of the most pointless cable channel out there. There is absolutely nothing compelling.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #100
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Well, they aren't really missing anything I want to trade TV Land for WGN. IMO, TV Land is one of the most pointless cable channel out there. There is absolutely nothing compelling.
Very true. Comcast is arguably the biggest cable provider out there. Them dropping TV Land from the basic packages is a huge loss. Just imagine how low their ratings are going to get now
Old 07-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #101
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
Very true. Comcast is arguably the biggest cable provider out there. Them dropping TV Land from the basic packages is a huge loss. Just imagine how low their ratings are going to get now
I know. Makes me wonder if other providers will begin to follow suit -- if so, this could really hurt them. Not everyone has digital, or can afford it....I think it costs significantly more doesn't it?

I wish Dish Network would pull it from their base package that I have and give me something else
Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #102
JulieSomoski

Quote:
I know. Makes me wonder if other providers will begin to follow suit -- if so, this could really hurt them. Not everyone has digital, or can afford it....I think it costs significantly more doesn't it?

I wish Dish Network would pull it from their base package that I have and give me something else
Digital is much more expensive than basic cable. I only pay for digital in my living room television, but our bedroom and basement TV's don't come with digital, so I won't be able to watch TV Land much anymore. It disappoints me too, because I was actually getting into the routine of watching Roseanne every night. Why does TV Land have to have such bad ratings??
Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #103
tvparadise
Forum Regular

For August mornings I'm going to guess...

9am- All in the Family
9:30am- Sanford and Son
10am- Sanford and Son
10:30am- Good Times
11am- Good Times
11:30am- Leave it to Beaver
12pm/12:30pm- The Andy Griffith Show

OR

9am- All in the Family
10am- Good Times
10:30am- Three's Company
11am- Leave it to Beaver
11:30am- Hogan's Heroes
12pm- The Andy Griffith Show
12:30p- The Andy Griffith Show

(but I have a hard time seeing them dropping back-to-back airings on most shows)

I don't see The Brady Bunch coming to weekdays and maybe not even Beaver since it apparently didn't do too well at noon.
tvparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #104
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b&tcfan
For August mornings I'm going to guess...

9am- All in the Family
10am- Sanford and Son
10:30am- Good Times
11am- Good Times
11:30am- Leave it to Beaver
12pm/12:30pm- The Andy Griffith Show

OR

9am- All in the Family
10am- Good Times
10:30am- Three's Company
11am- Leave it to Beaver
11:30am- Hogan's Heroes
12pm- The Andy Griffith Show
12:30p- The Andy Griffith Show

(but I have a hard time seeing them dropping back-to-back airings on most shows)

I don't see The Brady Bunch coming to weekdays and maybe not even Beaver since it apparently didn't do too well at noon.
I bet on the first one. I think they will bring TAGS/LITB back, as those are probably the most successful "classics" they have. The only reason I can think LITB didn't work was the fact that it was so different than what had been airing there for a while (EM:HE).
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #105
tvparadise
Forum Regular

Yeah, my first one is similar to what their schedule was at about this time last year except The Jeffersons had one airing at 10am and I Love Lucy had 2 airings at noon. Beaver lost that 11:30am airing soon after they moved it to 5pm/5:30pm around the end of 08.

I could also see them bumping up Good Times to 10am/10:30am, airing 2 episodes of Three's Company at 11am, followed by 2 Andy Griffith Show episodes at 12pm. Maybe even 2 episodes of Sanford and Son at 9am and dropping All in the Family from the weekday line-up.
tvparadise is offline   Reply With Quote