Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Saved by the Bell Reboot Launching November 25; HBO Orders Weekly Talk Show with Sam Jay
The Addams Family Coming to FETV; Netflix Developing Korean Sitcom
2002-2007 Sitcom George Lopez Coming to TBS; Guests Announced for black-ish Election Special
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 28, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Peacock to Launch All 45 Seasons of Saturday Night Live; Renewal for Family Guy and Bob's Burgers
Fri-Yay: Schitt's Creek Emmy Sweep; HBO Max Orders New Pretty Little Liars
NBC Moves This Is Us, Connecting Premieres; Fox Orders 2 More Seasons for Bob's Burgers & Family Guy


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #46
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Yes, these are the weekend and Monday additions:

Monday movies:
Monday, July 6: 8pm-10pm History of the World (Premiere)
Monday, July 13: 8pm-10:30pm Doc Hollywood
Monday, July 20: 8pm-10pm National Lampoon's Vacation
Monday, July 27: 8pm-10pm National Lampoon's European Vacation

Weekend Marathons:
Saturday, July 18
11am-5pm Brady Bunch
5pm-10pm Andy Griffith Show

Sunday, July 19
6am Star Trek
7am Gunsmoke
8am-4pm Bonanza
4pm-9pm Andy Griffith Show

Saturday, July 25
11:30am-6pm The Jeffersons
6pm-11pm Andy Griffith Show

Sunday, July 26
11am-6pm Sanford & Son
6pm-10:30pm Andy Griffith Show

See full list on the first post. August is coming soon, expect more weekend marathons and Monday movies

Nice To see a Jeffersons marathon on a SATURDAY
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #47
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
Do you know the fate yet of the three sitcoms expiring at the end of August? I am 90% sure they probably won't be renewed.

I like the Sanford and Son marathon but 7/19 is a BORE!! I wish they would do more marathons of shows that aren't airing on weekends. Star Trek, Hogan's Heroes, Green Acres, and Leave it to Beaver are just sitting. Those westerns and The Jeffersons get decent airings every weekday.

I agree Brent, National Lampoon again??? They are becoming more dependent on movies in prime-time since their shows don't seem to be working.

TV Land thinks it' viewers are too stupid to remember National Lampoon's Vacation was already aired in 2007
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #48
Brent88
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
TV Land thinks it' viewers are too stupid to remember National Lampoon's Vacation was already aired in 2007
It gets worse... it's the PRIME movie next Friday, and reairs next Saturday Morning, plus it airs on N@N July 26th.
__________________
Brent
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #49
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
It gets worse... it's the PRIME movie next Friday, and reairs next Saturday Morning, plus it airs on N@N July 26th.

Something strange just happened on TV LAND and not sure if it was a pogramming error. I was watching the MWC marathon and the movie GREASE just appeared out of nowhere. I thoought MWC was suppoaed to stop at 7pm?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #50
clj2
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 16, 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 3,488
Default

They've aired National Lampoon's Vacation frequently since 2006. I bet it's aired 6 or 7 times.
__________________
-Chris

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #51
Brent88
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
Something strange just happened on TV LAND and not sure if it was a pogramming error. I was watching the MWC marathon and the movie GREASE just appeared out of nowhere. I thoought MWC was suppoaed to stop at 7pm?
It was a last minute change due to Farrah Fawcett's death. It was going to be repeats of earlier episodes today anyway.

Tomorrow the marathon ends at 2pm for 10 hours of Michael Jackson tributes, but picks up again from 12-2am.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #52
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
It was a last minute change due to Farrah Fawcett's death. It was going to be repeats of earlier episodes today anyway.

Tomorrow the marathon ends at 2pm for 10 hours of Michael Jackson tributes, but picks up again from 12-2am.

If they are going to do a tribute to Michael they can do something much better than airing that STUPID A$$ MOVIE. So many more things to air
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #53
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 13,580
Default

Grease isn't stupid, it's one of the best movies of all time.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #54
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
Grease isn't stupid, it's one of the best movies of all time.

Not Grease, that stupid a$$ movie called "THE JACKSONS, American Dream"
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #55
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran
 
catsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2006
Location: The Catacombs
Posts: 13,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
Not Grease, that stupid a$$ movie called "THE JACKSONS, American Dream"
I see
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #56
Brent88
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
Not Grease, that stupid a$$ movie called "THE JACKSONS, American Dream"
I can't speak for the quality of the movie(never seen it), but I am glad they are doing something to remember him. What I don't understand is why it needs to air twice back to back like that. I would have just aired it from 7pm-Midnight, and MWC until 7 tomorrow. I think the reason TV Land's ratings suck is because almost everything airs at least twice(and SGTL airs about 50 times a week, not to mention twice on Thursday Night back to back!) You don't have to watch the original airing like with many other channels, so therefore the ratings suffer.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #57
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
I can't speak for the quality of the movie(never seen it), but I am glad they are doing something to remember him. What I don't understand is why it needs to air twice back to back like that. I would have just aired it from 7pm-Midnight, and MWC until 7 tomorrow. I think the reason TV Land's ratings suck is because almost everything airs at least twice(and SGTL airs about 50 times a week, not to mention twice on Thursday Night back to back!) You don't have to watch the original airing like with many other channels, so therefore the ratings suffer.

I know, and I honestly wasn't expecting a tribute to MJ by TV land but I figured if they did do one it would be ODD as usual
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #58
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Senior Member
 
JulieSomoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
I know, and I honestly wasn't expecting a tribute to MJ by TV land but I figured if they did do one it would be ODD as usual
I think airing the Jackson movie is actually a normal tribute for them. They love to air movies, and this is just one of those movies. Plus, they were probably able to get quick rights to it, air it one for a day, then be done. They would never have been able to get rights to all those shows you listed in a day. This is just a quick tribute they're able to give in a short amount of time, and I'm glad they're doing it.
__________________
Click here to view some great articles written by my husband and I!
All views are appreciated!

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #59
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 91,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
I think airing the Jackson movie is actually a normal tribute for them. They love to air movies, and this is just one of those movies. Plus, they were probably able to get quick rights to it, air it one for a day, then be done. They would never have been able to get rights to all those shows you listed in a day. This is just a quick tribute they're able to give in a short amount of time, and I'm glad they're doing it.

But the movie has nothing to do with Michael the Singer/himself, just a person trying to be like Michael. And since that is the case air one time, not over and over and over-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #60
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Senior Member
 
JulieSomoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLifeAdjuster
But the movie has nothing to do with Michael the Singer/himself, just a person trying to be like Michael. And since that is the case air one time, not over and over and over-lol
They're only airing it twice, which probably is one time too many, but at least they're doing a tribute to him in someway. It's not like he's a classic TV star like Farrah was.
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.