Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Fall 2020 Schedule; CMT Acquires American Housewife
Antenna TV Fall 2020 Schedule, with 2021 Teases; 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 21, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Prepares for More Sunday Night Movies; The Office Arrives on Blu-ray and More Head of the Class DVDs
Fri-Yay: Viewers Discovering Cobra Kai Now on Netflix; ABC Announces Fall 2020 Drama Premiere Dates
ABC Officially Orders Katey Sagal Series, Cancels Stumptown; SNL Goes Live All October
CBS All Access to Rebrand as Paramount+ in 2021; Fox Says Let's Be Real About Election

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #151
DSfan

At least they are still airing the Brady Bunch - we have to be pleased with anything we get from them nowadays.

Also, I noticed today that Oxygen was airing Roseanne in a huge marathon. Between these 2 channels I bet one could watch the entire 9 (?) seasons in about a week lol
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #152
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Even with 4 hours there will still probably be repeats in the Brady Bunch marathon-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #153
clj2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oxygen airs Roseanne from like 9am-3pm a couple days a week like a marathon.

I don't understand why The Brady Bunch marathon has to be cut for more SGTL??? The show barely airs and SGTL is on all the time. They seem to really be wanting it to do well but it just isn't.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #154
clj2

If anyone's still watching, they are back on the clock now.

So that means one extra Roseanne Just what we need.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #155
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
If anyone's still watching, they are back on the clock now.

So that means one extra Roseanne Just what we need.
We just lost every cable channel we have today, lol. We now only get channels 2-23, and half of them are nothing. Luckily, the Comcast guy should be here in about half an hour, so hopefully I can start watching Roseanne again tonight!

Do we have any latest TV Land ratings? I really think going back on the block will help them - off the clock was just about unbareable.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #156
clj2

Schedule alteration Monday:

7:00PM-10:00PM The Andy Griffith Show
10:00PM-12:00AM M*A*S*H

THANK YOU, TV LAND I wish this would continue.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #157
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Monday, July 27 National Lampoon's European Vacation is no longer scheduled from 8-10pm. We now get:

Monday, July 27, 2009
7-10pm The Andy Griffith Show
10pm-12am M*A*S*H
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #158
tvparadise
Forum Regular

I think off-the-clock will be back. I read the other day somewhere on the TV Land boards from TheLink that it is expected to continue through the end of the year.

They need to go a head and just do Andy Griffith/M*A*S*H combination every Monday night (and maybe other nights) until they can get some more modern hits (MWC, Home Improvement). I think they launched PRIME too soon, they don't have enough shows to make it work. The originals have struggled and they show the same movies over and over. If they had a block made up of Roseanne, HI, MWC, and 3rd Rock it would bring more attention to PRIME. Roseanne is lonely!
tvparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #159
clj2

Like I've preached all along PRIME should be suspended until they get some better shows for it. They need to air PRIME from 9pm-12am (as intended) and have 3 different shows for it.

I wish they would keep Andy and M*A*S*H next week. They need them.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #160
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Great, off the clock ends now that I've stopped watching because I got fed up with the bizarre start times.

I wish MWC would come back, and Home Improvement needs to show up too. It would cut down on a lot of this Roseanne which has gotten beyond insane.

I'd like to see something this:

7-8 Andy Griffith
8-9 Home Improvement
9-10 Roseanne
10-11 MWC
11-12 Cosby

and then either repeat the shows late at night or do a rotating marathon until 3-4am(a different show each night, not just Roseanne)

Get rid of the dumb movies.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #161
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
Great, off the clock ends now that I've stopped watching because I got fed up with the bizarre start times.

I wish MWC would come back, and Home Improvement needs to show up too. It would cut down on a lot of this Roseanne which has gotten beyond insane.

I'd like to see this:

7-8 Andy Griffith
8-9 Home Improvement
9-10 MWC
10-11 Roseanne
11-12 Cosby

and then either repeat the shows late at night or do a rotating marathon until 3-4am(a different show each night, not just Roseanne)
For September, I think TV Land really needs to implement a consistent daily schedule. I'm sick of having different schedules every day (although most of its Roseanne anyway). Even for now, something like Andy at 8pm, Cosby at 9pm, and Roseanne 10pm-12am is better than what they have now.

They really do need Home Improvement in the fall, though. They also need MWC and I'm hoping something is being worked out so they can air it regularly. I'd love to see something like Cosby at 8pm, HI at 9pm, MWC at 10pm, and Roseanne at 11pm come September.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #162
tvparadise
Forum Regular

They need to at least go a head and bump up Cosby to 8, put Andy Griffith back on at 7- making it so that the nightly Roseanne marathon or whatever at least doesn't start till 9. Put 3rd Rock from the Sun on at 1am, Three's Company on 2am - 4am and M*A*S*H on 4am - 6am.
tvparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #163
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
For September, I think TV Land really needs to implement a consistent daily schedule. I'm sick of having different schedules every day (although most of its Roseanne anyway). Even for now, something like Andy at 8pm, Cosby at 9pm, and Roseanne 10pm-12am is better than what they have now.

They really do need Home Improvement in the fall, though. They also need MWC and I'm hoping something is being worked out so they can air it regularly. I'd love to see something like Cosby at 8pm, HI at 9pm, MWC at 10pm, and Roseanne at 11pm come September.
I agree, no matter what the order of shows are, they have GOT to get a consistent schedule and stop with different shows on different nights in PRIME. They are never going to have any success if they don't IMO.

and Spike doesn't air MWC past 11am so I'm sure they could work SOMETHING out. They could air it anytime up til 2am. I hate that it airs in such terrible timeslots. I am completely miffed as to why Home Improvement isn't coming it seems. There has to be something up there, 2 times a week at 5am on Saturday Mornings on N@N is just weird.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #164
clj2

I wonder why they suddenly decided to have this random TAGS/M*A*S*H thing? I wonder if it's to see how the ratings are for them compared to Roseanne and the other programming. They are their top 2 shows anyway.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #165
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2
I wonder why they suddenly decided to have this random TAGS/M*A*S*H thing? I wonder if it's to see how the ratings are for them compared to Roseanne and the other programming. They are their top 2 shows anyway.
They probably just didn't want to air the movie when NAN is airing it that Friday. They probably went with Andy/MASH because they didn't want another night of Roseanne. Andy/MASH are some of their top shows, but they probably skew ancient.