Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 17, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Quantum Leap and Life Goes On Reboots in the Works at NBC; Weekend of Tributes for Betty White and Bob Saget
Fri-Yay: Cobra Kai Continues to Be a Delight; Fox Announces Premiere Date for Welcome to Flatch, Hulu to Release First 7 Episodes on Same Day
MeTV Acquires Full House, Launches with Bob Saget Tribute; Dickinson Gets Documentary Retrospective
TCA Winter 2022 Press Tour: ABC; Hulu Orders More of The Great
Hulu Orders Reboot, Sitcom About a Sitcom Being Rebooted; Emily in Paris Renewed for Season 3...and Season 4!
Remembering Bob Saget of Full House and Dwayne Hickman of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis; Betty White's 100th Birthday Tribute on BUZZR & GSN

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 06-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #256
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeBarone View Post
I'd read somewhere that the oldest generation from ELR were all gone now, so I didn't bother to verify. What a horrifying mistake. Sorry, Fred.
He actually passed not long after our discussion.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #257
SledgeBarone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
He actually passed not long after our discussion.
Yeah, I guess I have the kiss of death. Maybe I should remember not to talk about dead people...
SledgeBarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:05 AM   #258
treky
star trek fan
Forum Fanatic

in 2003 there was going to be a spin-off of QUANTUM LEAP about Sams daughter searching through time for Sam; but it never materialized.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:46 AM   #259
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

NBC recently passed on a Bo & Cheyenne-centered spin-off of "Superstore".

It would have featured Nichole Sakura and Johnny Pemberton reprising their "Superstore" roles where they balance their big dreams with the harsh realities of being a blue-collar family in America.

The CW also did not pick up its female-lead "Arrow" spin-off "Green Arrow and the Canaries". The backdoor pilot aired during "Arrow" Season 8, Ep. #9.

It would have featured Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy, and Juliana Harkavy.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #260
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
"How I Met Your Mother" has had a few attempts at launching a spin-off (companion series) that never happened.

The pilot for "How I Met Your Dad", starring indie film star Greta Gerwig and narrated by Meg Ryan, wasn't picked up by CBS.

Then in December 2016, they tried again with "This Is Us" writers Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger on "How I Met Your Father". It was to also be from a female's point-of-view and HIMYM creators Bays and Thomas were EPs.

Fox chairman Dana Walden then said in August 2017 that they were looking into it again with new writers and that no ideas or concepts from the previous attempts would be carried over.”

Hulu has ordered "How I Met Your Father" to series with Hilary Duff set to star.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/how-i-m...ff-1234741018/
Old 10-18-2021, 01:24 AM   #261
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

"Law & Order: Hate Crimes" was first announced in Sept. 2018 on NBC. It was supposed to spin-off from "SVU" where it would focus on NYC's Hate Crimes Task Force.

"SVU" showrunner Warren Leight said in June 2020 that maybe Peacock would be better for it due to "language concerns".

"Law & Order: Organized Crime" was launched, and now the original series is coming back, but "Hate Crimes" seems to be stalled.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #262
king of comedy
Forum 4000 Club Member

Law and Order: For the Defense was pulled from the schedule. But Dick Wolf promises his next one won't be about the law.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #263
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Taraji P. Henson was supposed to star in a Cookie spin-off after "Empire" ended.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #264
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

The CW has pulled the plug on "The 100" prequel series that had been in development for two years.

Set 97 years before the events of the original series, the prequel starts with the end of the world — a nuclear apocalypse that wipes out most of Earth’s human population — and follows a band of survivors on the ground as they learn to cope in a dangerous world while fighting to create a new and better society from the ashes of what came before.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:22 AM   #265
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

A spin-off of "Here's Lucy" starring Lucie Arnaz never happened.

Desi Arnaz, Jr. left the show at the end of Season 3 in order to pursue a film career while Lucie Arnaz stayed on show becoming the main comic foil of Lucille Ball and Gale Gordon. The backdoor pilot aired as the Season 4 finale with Kim Carter moving into her own apartment. Susan Tolsky played one of the other residents and Alan Oppenheimer played the apartment building's landlord.

Lucille Ball's original plan was to have Vivian Vance become her new comic foil while her daughter had her own show. Lucie Arnaz' pilot wasn't picked up and Vivian Vance had health issues preventing her from becoming a series regular.

Lucie Arnaz then stayed on "Here's Lucy" until it ended.