Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > 2000s Dramas/Dramedies > Charmed

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Disney+ Says "Simpsons Forever"; TBS Orders 4th Season of The Last O.G.
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 19, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fried Green Tomatoes Series Starring Reba McEntire in the Works at NBC; Last Man Standing to End After Nine Seasons
Fri-Yay: COVID-19 Storylines on TV, Will Viewers Watch?; Antenna TV's 70 Episode Jack Benny Marathon for 70th Anniversary
Last Man Standing to Conclude After Season 9 in 2021; CBS Announces Fall 2020 Premiere Dates
TBS Brings Out Halloween Sitcom Episodes on Halloween; Remembering Conchata Ferrell of Two and a Half Men
Freeform's 'Kickoff to Christmas' Schedule; Celebrate 20 Years of Curb on HBO Max

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September/October)

Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season Mom - The Complete Seventh Season The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season

07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 14
09/01 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete Second Season
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Mom - The Complete Seventh Season
09/15 - South Side - Season 1
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Second Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Third Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Fourth Season
09/22 - Man with a Plan - Season Three
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
10/13 - The Jetsons - The Complete Series (Diamond Collection)
10/13 - Our Cartoon President - Season Two
10/27 - The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/27 - Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-20-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Alyssa Milano reveals she's still suffering the lingering effects of COVID-19

'This is a really rough illness': Alyssa Milano reveals she's still suffering the lingering effects of COVID-19... SIX months after first feeling symptoms

Alyssa Milano has revealed that she's still suffering the lingering effects of COVID-19, six months after she first experienced symptoms.

The Hollywood actress, 47, continues to experience shortness of breath and even fever-induced hallucinations, putting her in the category of long COVID sufferers.

'There are still lingering effects, like I still have shortness of breath,' she said in an interview with Yahoo Entertainment. 'I still have heart palpitations.'

Continuing to list her ongoing symptoms, she continued: 'I have, like, a high-pitched noise in my ear. My hair is falling out.

'It doesn't feel like you're only physically sick. It feels like there's hallucinations because of fevers, there's weird dreams. I think it's because the brain is affected. That's why people lose their sense of smell.'

The star also revealed her hopes for how preparations for the illness should be made in the future: 'We should definitely begin to shift the focus on post-COVID syndrome and, you know, try to figure out what the lasting repercussions are,' she said.

'This is a really rough, rough illness,' insisted the former Who's The Boss? star. 'We canít think that this is over and done with, because it surely is not.'

Earlier this month, Alyssa said on Instagram that in her wellness check that she is 'starting to physically feel better' as she continues her vitamin and aspirin regimen.

The Charmed star said: 'Soooooo... how are you? This is a wellness check and a health update. I'm ok. I'm starting to physically feel better.'

She continued: I'm still taking an aspirin ever 3 days to thin my blood, fish oil, vitamin D, C, zinc and a B complex. I still have occasional heart palpitations. I still forget my words (absolute worst part).'

'But it's not nearly as bad as it was a few weeks ago. I feel better. I had a ct scan of my lungs and a cardiac MRI and both were normal,' she said.

Alyssa added: 'I get super scared sometimes, though. Not of getting sick again but of my loved ones getting sick. I don't ever want them to have this thing. It's a beast. So I vacillate between being so grateful and so terrified.'

Alyssa noted that she is 'grateful that it was me who got sick and terrified that friends or family will be sick. And I can't help but wonder - how are you? Please be safe. Please let me know you're ok.'

Alyssa shared two selfies while rocking a patterned top with her tresses loose around her.

Last month, the actress took to Twitter to share a video of herself brushing her locks after a shower which resulted in her pulling out several strands.

She began the video by saying: 'Hey everybody, I just wanted to show you the amount of hair that is coming out of my head as a result of COVID.

People who experienced long-term symptoms of COVID-19 say hair loss is a side effect of the virus, according to recent studies.

'This is a detangler brush, my favorite detangler brush. As you can see in there is no hair in there right now.'

Milano began brushing through her brunette tresses while wearing a New York Giants robe as she kept pulling bunches of locks from her brush.

She concluded the video by lifting the entire bunch of long hairs and saying: 'One brushing, this is my hair loss from COVID-19. Wear a damn mask!'

The actress captioned the shocking video to her followers writing: 'Thought Iíd show you what #Covid19 does to your hair. Please take this seriously. #WearADamnMask #LongHauler.'

Multiple clinics and studies have reported a link between COVID-19 and hair loss with survivors of the disease reporting their hair falling out in clumps.

Experts say most COVID-19 patients are suffering telogen effluvium (TE), a temporary condition that involves hair shedding, caused by physical or emotional stress, high fever, illness or weight loss of over 20 pounds, according to WebMD.

Alyssa recently revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies after testing negative three times after experiencing symptoms in April and said she is considered a 'long hauler' by physicians.

Last month, she shared a selfie wearing a rainbow while sitting in a hospital bed.

She captioned the image: 'I was acutely sick w/ Covid19 in April. I still have many symptoms. I am what they call a ďlong haulerĒ. Last night, I had real heaviness in my chest.

'I went to the ER just to make sure it wasnít a blood clot. Thankfully, it wasnít. This virus sucks. Please take it seriously.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ix-months.html
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote