Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Sitcoms > Younger

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Junkie

TV "Younger" Final Season Teaser Released

The cast of "Younger" look back at the past seven years and six seasons of the beloved series ahead of the final season, premiering Thurs., April 15th.

Stream it early on Paramount+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_g-7xrfHw
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
TMC
Forum Junkie

Younger's final season premieres on Paramount+ on April 15 -- with two cast members downgraded to recurring roles

The first four episodes of the seventh and final season will premiere on the ViacomCBS streaming service on April 15. Younger Season 7 will air on TV Land later this year. For the final season, Miriam Shor and Charles Michael Davis will be downgraded from starring to recurring roles. “Due to scheduling and Covid related matters, Miriam Shor and Charles Michael Davis were unable to be season seven cast regulars,” explains creator Darren Star. Watch Younger's final season trailer.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Junkie

Stream the first 4 episodes of the final season of the smash hit, "Younger", early on Paramount+, starting April 15th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKwZisPZJJU
Old 04-16-2021, 03:11 AM   #4
TMC
Forum Junkie

Younger creator wanted to keep the final season "timeless," so he made sure it was pandemic-free

Darren Star says his decision to avoid the coronavirus in Younger's final season, premiering Thursday on Paramount+, was based on his experience avoiding the 9/11 tragedy on Sex and the City, which he also created, when the HBO comedy returned for Season 5 in 2002. "We didn’t include 9/11 in terms of it specifically affecting the lives of the characters; we didn’t reference 9/11. And I think that was also a really good decision," says Star in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. When presented with the option of ending Younger in the COVID era, Star decided to avoid the pandemic altogether. "We had discussions about possibly including COVID," he said. "We mapped out some story directions. But our timeline picked up where we left off — which, in the real-world timeline, was at least eight months before COVID would have affected the lives of these characters. We would have really had to jump time to catch up to when the pandemic hit and we would have been playing a guessing game about how things would develop, and I didn’t want to do that." Star added: "Younger is timeless. This a series you can watch years from now. And COVID, to me, instantly stamps it. Ironically, this final season became the most beautiful, biggest-looking season in terms of our production values and that’s really due to the amazing crew, our directors and how they were able to pull off the COVID-free, beautiful Manhattan that you see on the streets this season. To me, it’s a dream of what I hope New York will be looking like again soon."

ALSO:
  • There are signs Younger's final season was produced under COVID limitations: "Many hallmarks of the show — the busy streets, the packed bars, the book fairs and Comic-Cons, the not entirely incidental Big City Guidebook Younger has offered from the beginning — are missing," says Robert Lloyd. "In one scene, a Greta Thunberg-esque climate crusader, who has been established as world-famous, holds a rally in a park attended by only about 20 people. We are outside a lot."
  • Younger's seventh and final season will remind fans why they loved the show in the first place: "Fans will finally get to hear Liza’s response on April 15, when Younger drops its seventh and final season on Paramount+ and Hulu, reaching TV Land later in the year," says Ines Bellina. "For those debating whether signing up for a streaming service is worth having their curiosity satisfied, the answer is yes. The final season brings back the wit, heart, and binge-ability of Younger’s finest moments."
  • Darren Star says the truth of Liza Miller is "freeing" in the final season: "There is no more lie," he says. "She is not hiding anything anymore, and this season, she is creative and daring and is taking charge...It was freeing and it sets up a more mature season. It really freed the characters just to be exactly who they are. Any of the farcical elements of the show we weren’t dealing with anymore. We did it for a long time — quite honestly for much longer than I thought. I thought the premise would run out of stream faster than it did.”
  • Star says Hilary Duff's pregnancy kept Younger's final season on track: "I thought, 'Now we have to do it,'" he says. "When I told her we wanted to get back to work in October (2020), she said, 'That's great because I'm having a baby in March.' And I thought, 'Oh my god, we really have to stick to this schedule because otherwise I don't know what we're going to do this season.' The baby was calling the shots. She gave us the right kind of pressure to make this season happen."
  • Sutton Foster says the series finale won't disappoint Younger fans: “I had no idea how they were going to end it, but when I read the ending, I felt incredibly satisfied and realized, ‘Oh, there was no other way it could have ended,'” she says. “I mean, I guess it could have ended a million ways, but the way they ended it, I (gasped) and realized it was the perfect ending.”
  • Younger stars react to the twists and turns of the final season premiere

In its final season, Younger is very much the show that Emily in Paris tried (and failed) to be

The fundamental differences between the two Darren Star series is that Younger has "heart, plain and simple," says Amanda Prahl. "Even in the early seasons, where Liza was deep in her escalating web of lies, there was, paradoxically, an emotional honesty to it all. Even though Liza lied to everyone, the show took pains to make it clear why she did it and to build sympathy for her situation. Her love for her friends and her love interests was real; the only thing about it that wasn't real was her lie about her age. The show's heart always has come before its humor (although there's plenty of both); Emily in Paris often seems too afraid to be really vulnerable, and the result is a show that feels emotionally shallow, even — or especially — when it's trying to be emotionally deep. The other big difference? Younger seems to care, first and foremost, about its characters, whereas it's hard not to feel like Emily in Paris is about the aesthetic more than anything. Younger, like Star's Sex and the City before it, is a love letter to the glamour of New York City and women who live there. There's no shortage of beautiful, Instagram-perfect locations as the impeccably dressed characters stroll through the city, but it never overshadows the characters and their journeys. Emily in Paris always feels like it's more interested in exploring the 'Paris' part than the 'Emily' part, which leaves us with characters who are difficult to like when their bad decisions take over the plot. Younger, on the other hand, has managed to craft a set of characters whose flaws aren't annoying, but deeply human." ALSO: Younger's Molly Bernard discusses the best advice she received in filling Diana's shoes.

Last edited by TMC; 04-17-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Junkie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcT4l-otlNQ
Old 06-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Junkie

Younger's final season problems were on display in the series finale

"What hell hath season seven of Younger wrought, you ask?" says Maggie Fremont. "I don’t even know where to begin with how disappointing this season and this finale episode have been. I’d like to blame it all on the lack of Diana Trout — the Trout will be Younger’s greatest legacy, right? — but the problems are much bigger than anything our One True Statement Necklace Queen could fix. (Although imagine how much more fun this season would’ve been with a newlywed Diana! What could’ve been!) The season has been both infuriating and pointless at times, with characters either lacking any kind of development or simply making decisions that feel so antithetical to who we’ve been led to believe they are, and much of that is on full display in this series finale."

ALSO: