Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Amazon Gets Streaming Rights to Mad Men; Too Close for Comfort on Pluto TV
Fri-Yay: Streaming Services Remove Episodes of Sitcoms Due to Racial Jokes; The Kominsky Method Final Season Announced
Netflix Renews Never Have I Ever for Season 2; Comedy Central Reviving Beavis and Butt-Head
Remembering Comedy Legend Carl Reiner, MeTV and Decades to Air Tributes; HBO Orders Season 11 of Curb
Decades 3rd Annual Rod, White & Blue: A Twilight Zone Celebration; Love in the Time of Corona Announces Cast
BET Picks Up 2nd Season of Twenties; Vivica A. Fox Teams Up with Krista Allen, Jackée & More for More Wrong TV Movies

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Madderest CBS All Access is Run Horribly!

I saw the news today about supposedly offering a free month of CBS All Access to everyone with the code GIFT. That got me looking at the shows they offered. There were some of them I hadn't seen much of like Taxi and Jericho, and others I hadn't seen in awhile like Touched by an Angel and Scorpion. I was starting to look forward to this and didn't think signing up would be a problem. But the awful jerks running this streamer won't let you sign up for a supposedly free month without a credit card number or paypal account. As I don't have either, I am screwed out of this free deal for "everyone". And I had sent them a message asking them to fix this issue (I didn't use the awful jerks phrase with them, or even the screwed out of). This was their response: Hi, Ben! We apologize for the inconvenience. A credit card or PayPal is required to sign up for CBS All Access. But we appreciate your feedback, and will pass it on! *CC

The awful jerks running CBS All Access can bite me.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:02 AM   #2
Yong Fang

I live overseas and can tell you that you can watch many of the current shows from other websites without commercials. I am watching Star Trek Picard currently, and watched The Twilight Zone series last year. Most of the other current TV shows and recently ended TV shows can also be accessed online through "watch series online‘ websites. I am not too much into Netflix but they do interesting documentaries I see from time to time. Website below.

Taxi you can watch on Youtube. Wasnt Jericho that show where there was a nuclear blast and how the people in a town called Jericho in Kansas handled it? That show wasnt on too many years and was on several years ago so I dont know.

The website is www.dwatchseries.org
Yong Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Well...

CBS is part of Viacom, I expect this with a corporation more wicked than Disney!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #4
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang View Post
Wasnt Jericho that show where there was a nuclear blast and how the people in a town called Jericho in Kansas handled it? That show wasnt on too many years and was on several years ago so I dont know.
Yes, that's the one. The scifi Jericho starring Gerald McRaney aired from 2006-2008 on CBS, was cancelled after 29 episodes.
http://epguides.com/Jericho/
Fun fact, Jericho is a popular show title. There were three other shows called Jericho in 1966, 2005, and 2016, but the 2006 version is the most famous one.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
lalauver
Frequent Poster

I signed up for free month on cbs all access. It has a nice selection of shows.I will try it and decide later.
watching gunsmoke season 7{they say season 1]and EXT/\NT.

BAD NEWS BEARS [1976]
lalauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:55 PM   #6
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalauver View Post
I signed up for free month on cbs all access. It has a nice selection of shows.I will try it and decide later.
watching gunsmoke season 7{they say season 1]and EXT/\NT.

I have a better idea for you. Why not save your money and watch the entire series for free --- or at least most of it anyway?

Gunsmoke

TUBI

Airy TV

Archive

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

CTV Throwback
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
I saw the news today about supposedly offering a free month of CBS All Access to everyone with the code GIFT. That got me looking at the shows they offered. There were some of them I hadn't seen much of like Taxi and Jericho, and others I hadn't seen in awhile like Touched by an Angel and Scorpion. I was starting to look forward to this and didn't think signing up would be a problem. But the awful jerks running this streamer won't let you sign up for a supposedly free month without a credit card number or paypal account. As I don't have either, I am screwed out of this free deal for "everyone". And I had sent them a message asking them to fix this issue (I didn't use the awful jerks phrase with them, or even the screwed out of). This was their response: Hi, Ben! We apologize for the inconvenience. A credit card or PayPal is required to sign up for CBS All Access. But we appreciate your feedback, and will pass it on! *CC

The awful jerks running CBS All Access can bite me.
CBS All Access doesn’t have all of the Touched By An Angel episodes.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:36 AM   #8
LaBestia
I am an Innocent Girl

My mom got CBS All Access and what I can say is that it's just a way to get people to spend money to watch episodes of CBS shows. Take for instance if you want to watch Let's Make A Deal or The Price Is Right episodes CBS All Access has about five free episodes and then the rest of the seasons they charge you money to watch and the only free things that CBS All Access offers are interviews with CBS hosts and stars and I don't see why that should be free when CBS should offer all episodes of shows for free. Another thing I noticed about CBS All Access is that when you try to see a show like Survivor or NCIS is they make you sit through a bunch of commercials before the show actually begins and they should've made the shows commercial free in the first place. So despite all the new shows that CBS All Access has I can guarantee that they will go broke in the future
Bestie
Billy Joel's #1 crush
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote