Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Courtship of Eddie's Father Online / The Courtship of Eddie's Father links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Courtship of Eddie's Father Photo Gallery

The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete First Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete First Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Second Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Third Season on DVD (WBShop.com)(
Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
kitten5350
Occasional Poster

Default Where can I buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father on DVD?

Hi, please someone, anyone, can you tell me where I can buy the courtship of eddies father on DVD?
kitten5350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
paisleynut
Frequent Poster

Hi! Episodes of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" aren't available on DVD yet, unless you buy them on the Internet (Ebay or Amazon). I've yet to see them officially on DVD and available in stores such as Best Buy. The show's release on DVD is long overdue since it premiered almost 37 years ago and a lot of people loved it.

Always A Brandon Cruz & Bill Bixby Fan,
Liz Crasten
paisleynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
kitten5350
Occasional Poster

Thank you, I wish they would put it out. My hubby loved that show and I am trying to get my hands on it for a surprise for him. I found the ones on ebay and amazon but i guess it was the movie not the show. Thank you for your reply!! Susan
kitten5350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:07 AM   #4
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

You can also purchase it on iOffer.com
Old 09-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #5
romanticatheart
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
You can also purchase it on iOffer.com
Thanks for your help. I am going to order this one. I haven't seen it since it first came out... but it is another keeper. I also noticed iOffer.com had the entire series of Newhart.
I don't care if it is home recorded or professionally done. I just love to see these classics. It is a very cool feeling and very comfortable to see these wonderful shows again.

Thank you much for the info Comedy Freak!
romanticatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 AM   #6
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

No problem at all, I'm glad I could be of help. I felt the same way that's why I purchased my copy of Courtship and I'm very satisfied with the dvd quality. It will hold me over until they decide to release the series on dvd. I thinking of getting The Lucy Show the b&w's with Vivian Vance when they shared a house.
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
jojojohnson
Occasional Poster

try www.ioffer.com as there are 3 sellers selling all 73 episodes on dvd
jojojohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
paisleynut
Frequent Poster

Hi Susan! You can also find episodes of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" for sale on dvdplanet.com

Always A Brandon Cruz & Bill Bixby Fan,
Liz Crasten

P.S. If you're interested, I created a Yahoo group for Brandon Cruz fans. Here's the address for it:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrandonCruzFans
paisleynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
CommonTater
no longer a forum member
Forum Regular

I would LOVE to find this on DVD. I ordered from dvdplanet.com once and never got my dvd's.

How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.
CommonTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

unfotunetaly, it has yet to get an official DVD release.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
MacLeaper
Child of the 80s

Season 1 of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" is now available officially on DVD from Warner Bros. Archive!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cou...Season-1/15995

(which is really cool to see because this is such a great show. Bill Bixby did such a great job just as he did with his other shows like "The Magician" and "The Incredible Hulk".)
"Ha, I kill me!" - ALF
"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life. No man comes to The Father but by Me."- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
MacLeaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #12
stevea
LITB/FKB Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeaper
Season 1 of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" is now available officially on DVD from Warner Bros. Archive!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cou...Season-1/15995

(which is really cool to see because this is such a great show. Bill Bixby did such a great job just as he did with his other shows like "The Magician" and "The Incredible Hulk".)
Does anybody know if the original music is intact on this set? If they didn't have Let me tell you 'bout my best friend, it wouldn't seem right. (I got burned on Flipper Season 2 where they subbed some guy singing the theme--it just ain't right!--but that was another "on demand" deal--different studio, of course...)
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
TJ
Owner
Administrator

We hope to have a review up for this set soon when we receive it. Hopefully all of the episodes are uncut and in decent shape. The press release says they are remastered. I can't imagine they would replace the iconic theme song and Harry Nilsson's great music.

This newly remastered edition finds Eddie, Tom and Mrs. Livingston looking crisper and cleaner than ever. An instant family classic, The Courtship of Eddie's Father shared little with the 1963 film on which it was nominally based, opting instead to break new ground on television. Creator James Komack (also seen on screen as supporting character Norman Tinker) chose to make the relationship between father (Bill Bixby as the widowed magazine executive, Tom Corbett) and grade-school son (Brandon Cruz as his son Eddie) the central focus of the show. As epitomized by the Harry Nilsson penned and performed signature theme song, that relationship - in turns sober, sweet, and silly - was something not seen before on TV comedies or dramas, a nurturing father figure who treats his offspring with equal measures of love, respect, and understanding. In short, a parent who treats his child as an equal. Not to be forgotten are the contributions of acting great Miyoshi Umeki, playing housekeeper Mrs. Livingston. Among the first season guest stars to keep an eye out for in this 4-Disc, 26 Episode Collection are a young Jodie Foster, Cicely Tyson, once and future Star Trek star Diana Muldaur, and Martha Scott.

Purchase it online from wbshop.com:

http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3848399...efault,pd.html
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
McGillicuddy

Is this actually on DVD, and DVD-r? There are so many WB MOD products I wish to purchase, but they're pressed on dvd-r's, and don't play on all machines. It doesn't say anywhere that its NOT a regular dvd set. Is Warner finally doing this RIGHT?
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

I ordered my copy can't wait for it to get here.
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote