Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Cartoons/Animated Series Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FXX Orders Animated Comedy Little Demon; The CW to Revive Legends of the Hidden Temple
Fox 2021-22 Updates Includes Comedy News; ABC Renews Grey's Anatomy and Station 19 for 2021-22, NBC Orders Dark Comedy Pilot
Netflix Sitcom The Upshaws Premieres on Wednesday (May 12); Hallmark Channel Sitcom Schedule Changes
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 10, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Trailer Released for Upcoming Rugrats Reboot; Final Airdate Set for Conan
Fri-Yay: Rolling Stone's 100 Best Sitcoms of All Time; Marion Cunningham Greatest Classic TV Mom in New Poll
E! Reunites TV Casts in Reunion Road Trip; Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Mr. Corman on Apple TV+

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January-May)

Corporate - Season 2 Fam - The Complete Series Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series

01/22 - Corporate - Season 2
01/22 - Corporate - Season 3
02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-13-2021, 02:25 AM   #1
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart

Default Peter Potamus

"He's been everywhere flying through the air"
"He is everyone's friend"
So begins the theme song of another Hanna-Barbera gem that was considered the most underrated of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon library which is Peter Potamus and I learned about it on the liner notes of my Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Classics cd. Peter Potamus was a character who loved to fly and had many friends who helped him on many adventures. I'm surprised nobody remembers Peter Potamus because it seemed to be one of the most underrated Hanna-Barbera cartoons and METV should think about adding it to it's lineup soon
Bestie
Old 04-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
howilu

I remember Peter Potamus. Like its companion show Magilla Gorilla, it was sponsored by Ideal Toys and aired in syndication before it aired on ABC. Peter and his monkey sidekick So-So went around the world in a balloon.

Also featured on the show were Breezly & Sneezly, followed by those three goofy guards Yippee, Yappee and Yahooey.
howilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #3
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

I think there was a Peter Potamus stuffed animal visible in a Bewitched episode, in Tabitha's bedroom.

Here's a comic book originally sold in late 1964 (dated January 1965):

Name:  281238.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  53.8 KB
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

Seeing him on the comic book I definitely remember him. But the characters from Quick Draw, Huck Hound, and Yogi Bear were rerun so much around here on kid TV, I know them a lot better.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:37 PM   #5
Videoranger007
Forum Regular

Peter Potamus was quite popular in his day. I wouldn't call him underrated.

Now underrated Hanna Barbera cartoons- Loopy de Loop, Touche Turtle, Devlin, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Valley of the Dinosaurs, Speed Buggy, The Roman Holidays, Wheres Huddles?- Those are underrated.
Videoranger007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #6
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

I used to watch Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch and Speed Buggy on Saturday mornings. A couple of others you've mentioned, Roman Holidays and Valley of the Dinosaurs, I'm familiar with only from their comics adaptations.
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote