Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Nash Bridges Reprisal in the Works?; Season Finale Dates Set for Last Man Standing and MacGyver
Fri-Yay: Fox Cancels Bless the Harts, Leaving Questions About Animated Block; Variety and Lifetime Presents Power of Women Comedians
ABC Summer 2021 Schedule; Fox Summer 2021 Schedule
MeTV Spring 2021 with The Addams Family and The Pink Panther; Fox Orders More Duncanville, While ABC Goes Into the Wild with Comedy
HBO Max Announces Minx, Set in the 1970s; Remembering Gloria Henry of Dennis the Menace
Head of the Class Reboot Cast and Info; Tia Mowry Expands with New Cookbook
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 5, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January-April)

Corporate - Season 2 Fam - The Complete Series Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series

01/22 - Corporate - Season 2
01/22 - Corporate - Season 3
02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #16
MA
Forum Legend

Here are all of the shows that you can watch on Classic TV Database:

Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/the...ie-and-harriet

The Beverly Hillbillies

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/the...ly-hillbillies

Bonanza

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/bonanza

The Dick Van Dyke Show

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/the-dick-van-dyke-show

I Married Joan

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/i-married-joan

The Lone Ranger

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/the-lone-ranger

Make Room For Daddy

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/make-room-for-daddy

Mister Ed

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/mister-ed

Petticoat Junction

https://www.classic-tv.com/watch/petticoat-junction
Old 03-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #17
Sal

Thank you for the links. (MA - You are simply the greatest!) I have used that website a few times and I found that it's good for information and trivia about classic shows but the videos can also be found in many other places. One site in particular that I love to go to watch classic old movies from the same Golden Age as the sitcoms above and even earlier is a site called OK.RU. It's based in Russia and it is a video sharing site like YouTube and DailyMotion. The movie catalogue that is shared by the users is massive and runs from all eras from the silent films to today's favorites. If you sign in to the site, which is free, you get access to more stuff than you get when you are just browsing. That includes videos and playlists from many different classic sitcoms from the 1950s to today, some of which I would like to share with you today. I hope you like them:

The Honeymooners

Bewitched

Bewitched - Seasons 1 and 2 in Black and White

Hazel

Petticoat Junction

Gilligan's Island - Season 1 Season 2 Season 3

Munsters

Family Affair

The Courtship Of Eddie's Father (Complete Series)

The Lucy Show

Here's Lucy

Mary Tyler Moore

All In The Family

The Partridge Family

The Bob Newhart Show

Sanford and Son

Rhoda

Good Times

Happy Days

Diff'rent Strokes

Soap

Taxi

There you are! I hope you like them.

Last edited by Sal; 03-09-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 PM   #18
Sal

Once again, we have another small group of shows to deal with this week with an absolute gem coming in the end. It will be worth the wait.

CRACKLE

Celebrity Bowling (Season 1)

Bewitched (Season 6)

HOOPLA

21 Jump Street (Seasons 1,2,4, and 5)

CTV Throwback

Baywatch (Seasons 4 and 5)

ALF (Season 3) - Missing during last week's debut, now happily and fully restored.

TUBI

--- Coming soon this Monday to Tubi:

“Battlestar Galactica” (2004) – Seasons 1-2
“Battlestar Galactica” (1978) – Seasons 1-2
“Bewitched” (1964) – Seasons 1-2
“Buck Rogers” (1979) – Season 1
“Dawson’s Creek” (1998) – Seasons 1-2
“Designing Women” (1986) – Seasons 1-2
“Dominion” (2014) – Seasons 1-2
“Dracula” (2013) – Season 1
“Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” (1994) – Seasons 1-6
“Kojak” (2004) – Season 1
“Law & Order: UK” (2009) – Seasons 1-8
“Shades of Blue” (2016) – Seasons 1-3
“Telenovela” (2015) – Season 1
“Xena: Warrior Princess” (1995) – Seasons 1-4

This last item is for those of you who love old, rare, obscure, hard-to-find titles that had been assumed to be lost and haven't been seen for many years or even decades! Thanks to the internet and sites like YouTube, where these videos are from, these shows are beginning to turn up more often, much to the delight of classic TV fans. I believe this one just may top them all! It's a "short-lived sitcom" which only existed for 19 episodes but it was responsible for launching a few noteworthy and legendary careers. It's called "Stanley" and it was on NBC from 1956-57. It starred Buddy Hackett as a busy desk clerk in a New York hotel, supervised by his unseen but often heard boss, played by the unmistakable voice of Paul Lynde. His girlfriend Celia is played by Carol Burnett, in one of her earliest TV appearances, and she is just great! Why this show was cancelled so soon remains a mystery today and Hackett never forgave NBC for this. Here it is fully restored and I'm sure you'll enjoy it like I did:

Stanley (1956-57)

What's My Line? (Feb. 16, 1964) --- Buddy and Carol re-unite.

Last edited by Sal; 03-18-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:51 PM   #19
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
TUBI

This last item is for those of you who love old, rare, obscure, hard-to-find titles that had been assumed to be lost and haven't been seen for many years or even decades! Thanks to the internet and sites like YouTube, where these videos are from, these shows are beginning to turn up more often, much to the delight of classic TV fans. I believe this one just may top them all! It's a "short-lived sitcom" which only existed for 19 episodes but it was responsible for launching a few noteworthy and legendary careers. It's called "Stanley" and it was on NBC from 1956-57. It starred Buddy Hackett as a busy desk clerk in a New York hotel, supervised by his unseen but often heard boss, played by the unmistakable voice of Paul Lynde. His girlfriend Celia is played by Carol Burnett, in one of her earliest TV appearances, and she is just great! Why this show was cancelled so soon remains a mystery today and Hackett never forgave NBC for this. Here it is fully restored and I'm sure you'll enjoy it like I did:
I can't find this.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:02 PM   #20
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77 View Post
I can't find this.

It's on the YouTube channel TeeVee Classics which has a lot of interesting videos to watch since I mentioned it last week. One of them is "Stanley" which should have worked fine when I put it up. Here's a second try.

Stanley (1956-57) --- Starring Buddy Hackett and Carol Burnett.

Here's a few more videos from TeeVee Classics from the last week:

Tonight Show --- Nov. 13, 1972 - Guest star: Muhammad Ali

The Mike Douglas Show --- Guests and co-hosts: John Lennon and Yoko Ono --- Feb. 14-18, 1972

Feb. 14
Feb. 15
Feb. 16
Feb. 17
Feb. 18

That Show With Joan Rivers (1968) --- with Soupy Sales

Tonight Show --- August 29, 1962 - Hosted by Jerry Lewis, one of several guest hosts that were brought in between Jack Paar's resignation and Johnny Carson's debut.

Admiral Broadway Revue (1949) - Starring Sid Caesar

Candid Camera (1953)

Our Miss Brooks (1953) (Color)

I hope these work for you. I'll have another full update later tomorrow. Enjoy these classics in the meantime.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:24 PM   #21
Sal

Here's the full update I promised yesterday. I hope these links all work for you. There's some good stuff in here that I know you'll love and this is what is available for you this week:

TUBI

The Gene Autry Show (Complete Series)

Dawson's Creek (Seasons 1 and 2)

Bewitched (Seasons 1 and 2)

Designing Women (Seasons 1 and 2)

VUDU

Dennis The Menace (Season 2)

Car 54, Where Are You? (Season 2)

PLUTO TV

Beverly Hillbillies (Season 2)

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

Magnum P.I. (Season 1)

The White Shadow (Seasons 1 and 2)

Bachelor Father (Seasons 3 and 4)

The Jeffersons (Season 7)
Old 03-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #22
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
It's on the YouTube channel TeeVee Classics which has a lot of interesting videos to watch since I mentioned it last week. One of them is "Stanley" which should have worked fine when I put it up.
I misunderstood. I thought that you were saying that it was on Tubi. That's where I was looking for it at.
DJM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #23
damon strong
Frequent Poster

Unfortunately, that channel got pulled by youtube this past week. The person who ran it had to start over.
damon strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:30 PM   #24
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon strong View Post
Unfortunately, that channel got pulled by youtube this past week. The person who ran it had to start over.

The channel did start over and has now come up again on YouTube with the same content that was on before plus a few new items that weren't. This is what it looks like now:

TeeVee Classics (YouTube)

Another YouTube channel that is trying to reinvent itself is Public Domain Television. It too has been victimized by the YouTube copyright demons in the past. Rather than creating a backup file, which TeeVee Classics did in order to start up a new channel again, PDTV has transferred some of its playlists to the Internet Archive where they are sure to stay for a little longer. It has an impressive group of sitcoms, dramas, movies, and cartoons that you can watch, stream, and download from here:

PDTV Playlists (Internet Archive)

The Archive also has another great playlist for cartoon lovers. It's a selection from roughly the first month of MeTV's new Toon In With Me show including the preview special Cartoon Kick Off Show:

Toon In With Me (Internet Archive)

Next month, TUBI will be adding more than 250 new titles, including the following TV series in whole or in part:

Charlie’s Angels (1976) – Seasons 1-5

Dilbert (1999) – Seasons 1-2

Felix the Cat (1958) – Season 1

Gidget (1965) – Season 1

I Dream of Jeannie (1965) – Seasons 1-5

Party of Five (1994) – Seasons 1-6

Pan Am (2011) – Season 1

Starsky & Hutch (1975) – Seasons 1-4

Strong Medicine (2000) – Seasons 1-6

The Partridge Family (1970) – Seasons 1-4

Underdog (1964)

Many of these titles can already be seen on Crackle and CTV Throwback and they will debut on Tubi in about a week from now.

TUBI Press Release - April 2021

In the meantime, here's what Tubi and other providers are offering this week:

TUBI

Little Mosque On The Prairie (Complete Series)

The New 3 Stooges Cartoons (Season 1)

The Veil (1958) (Season 1) - Starring Boris Karloff

The Beachcombers (Season 1) - The legendary Canadian series makes its streaming debut this week --- but it's not available in Canada! Another example of why geo-blocking stinks!

Make Room For Daddy (Season 1)

HOOPLA

21 Jump Street (Season 3)

VUDU

Dennis The Menace (Season 3)

Father Knows Best (Season 3)

CTV Throwback

ALF: The Animated Series (1987) (2 series) - CTV Throwback debuted ALF 2 weeks ago and now follows it up with ALF's hit cartoon series.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:51 AM   #25
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Thank you for the links. (MA - You are simply the greatest!) I have used that website a few times and I found that it's good for information and trivia about classic shows but the videos can also be found in many other places. One site in particular that I love to go to watch classic old movies from the same Golden Age as the sitcoms above and even earlier is a site called OK.RU. It's based in Russia and it is a video sharing site like YouTube and DailyMotion. The movie catalogue that is shared by the users is massive and runs from all eras from the silent films to today's favorites. If you sign in to the site, which is free, you get access to more stuff than you get when you are just browsing. That includes videos and playlists from many different classic sitcoms from the 1950s to today, some of which I would like to share with you today. I hope you like them:

The Honeymooners

Bewitched

Bewitched - Seasons 1 and 2 in Black and White

Hazel

Petticoat Junction

Gilligan's Island - Season 1 Season 2 Season 3

Munsters

Family Affair

The Courtship Of Eddie's Father (Complete Series)

The Lucy Show

Here's Lucy

Mary Tyler Moore

All In The Family

The Partridge Family

The Bob Newhart Show

Sanford and Son

Rhoda

Good Times

Happy Days

Diff'rent Strokes

Soap

Taxi

There you are! I hope you like them.
You're welcome Sal!
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:32 AM   #26
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

You people are amazing!

Just when I think that I have found virtually ever Classic TV Source, you find more like ok.ru!

I actually knew of a similar site called "vk" which looks like the Russian Version of Facebook but that seems to be more newer non-classic shows.

Bring a cord cutter (originally due to price but now no channels for my taste), with a Fire TV Stick and PCs, my entertainment choices are really booming lately for the classics.

I imagined all this streaming years ago, but it seems before 2015 or so, barely any classics streamed.

Anyway, a quick question, does anyone know what is going on in Canada, Australia, and The UK with streaming of US shows?

I just ask because I've noticed that many US Shows including classics will be available for streaming, no questions asked.

Yet in the US, where the shows are made, often we get no streaming of the show or have to have a TV Provider. CTV for example is like "Here, have the entire series!" on Throwback.
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:48 PM   #27
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
You people are amazing!

Just when I think that I have found virtually ever Classic TV Source, you find more like ok.ru!

I actually knew of a similar site called "vk" which looks like the Russian Version of Facebook but that seems to be more newer non-classic shows.

Bring a cord cutter (originally due to price but now no channels for my taste), with a Fire TV Stick and PCs, my entertainment choices are really booming lately for the classics.

I imagined all this streaming years ago, but it seems before 2015 or so, barely any classics streamed.

Anyway, a quick question, does anyone know what is going on in Canada, Australia, and The UK with streaming of US shows?

I just ask because I've noticed that many US Shows including classics will be available for streaming, no questions asked.

Yet in the US, where the shows are made, often we get no streaming of the show or have to have a TV Provider. CTV for example is like "Here, have the entire series!" on Throwback.

In Canada, the best free streaming TV option is CTV Throwback, even though lately the quality of their material has been way down. There are other paid services like Crave that offer plenty of US movies and series but I tend to prefer the free stuff not only obviously because it's free but because if you're patient, you can find plenty of good stuff that you may not have expected. That makes searching more worthwhile.

I have seen vk.ru before and it does remind me a little of OK.ru except VK seems more like another website I have seen called mail.ru where you have to sign in with your e-mail or Facebook account to see the content that you want. With OK, there is plenty to see if you show up as a guest but by signing up, you get to unlock more material to watch and more playlists to stream from. I'm thinking of signing up myself and I'll see what I can find if I do.

For now, here is what the other main free streaming sites have for you on this Easter weekend:

ROKU CHANNEL

ALF (Complete Series)

Leave It To Beaver (Seasons 1, 4, and 5)

The Outer Limits (Season 1)

The Abbott and Costello Show (Seasons 1 and 2)

Date With The Angels (Seasons 1 and 2)

PLUTO TV

Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts (Season 1)

Cool McCool (Season 1)

Barney Google and Snuffy Smith (Season 1)

The Real McCoys (Season 2)

SHOUT FACTORY TV

Superman (1941)

The Roy Rogers Show (6 seasons)

VUDU

ALF (Complete Series)

Dennis The Menace (Complete Series)

Father Knows Best (Season 4)

CRACKLE

Bewitched (Season 7)

Fantasy Island (Seasons 3 and 4)

The Greatest American Hero (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

Naked City (Seasons 3 and 4)

The Saint (Season 5)

Taxi (Season 4)

Rhoda (Season 5)

The Flying Nun (Season 3)

INTERNET ARCHIVE

New Playlists added this week. All series complete:

The Flintstones

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

The Jeffersons

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea

Wagon Train

The Brady Bunch

The Wild, Wild West

Ghost Story

Good Times

I Love Lucy

The Honeymooners (Classic 39)

Land Of The Giants

Mayberry RFD

Dragnet (1951)

Father Knows Best

Star Trek

I Dream Of Jeannie

My Favorite Martian

Night Gallery

One Step Beyond

Sherlock Holmes

Chip and Dale

Good luck and have fun keeping up with all those playlists. I'll have a lot more next week.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:39 PM   #28
Sal

This week's free releases:

VUDU

Dark Shadows (Seasons 1 and 2)

THE ROKU CHANNEL

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Complete Series)

TUBI

I Dream Of Jeannie (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

Columbo (Complete Series)

Charlie's Angels (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

Hart To Hart (Seasons 1 and 2)

Starsky and Hutch (Seasons 1 and 2)

Party Of Five (Season 2)

The Partridge Family (Seasons 1 and 2)

Underdog (Season 1)

Gidget (Season 1)

HOOPLA

The Patty Duke Show (Season 1)

Garfield and Friends (Seasons 4 and 5)

UNCLE EARL'S CLASSIC TV

Highway To Heaven (Season 5)

Moonlighting (Seasons 2 and 3)

21 Jump Street (Season 5)

Maude (Season 3)

INTERNET ARCHIVE PLAYLISTS

Heckle and Jeckle

Yogi Bear

Donald Duck

Sylvester and Tweety

Underdog

Rocky and Bullwinkle

The Pink Panther

The Jetsons

Batman (1966)

Columbo

Get Smart

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

F Troop

77 Sunset Strip

The Partridge Family

A lot of great stuff there both on the cartoon and live-action side. All series are complete.