Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Sitcoms > Saved by the Bell (2020)

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-16-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Junkie

Default Saved by the Bell reboot is open to Dustin Diamond reviving his Screech role

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...diamond-cameo/

“We talk about Screech’s character and there are little Easter eggs throughout the show of what he’s doing now, and you can find some if you look for them,” showrunner Tracey Wigfield tells The Hollywood Reporter's TV's Top 5 podcasts. “And this season, he wasn’t tied to any of the new characters or anything. But that’s not to say it’s not open for the future, not knowing what stories will be or anything for a cameo maybe.”
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
TMC
Forum Junkie

Lark Voorhies did a radio interview recently and hinted that Dustin was holding out for more money.

“He wants to be paid and respected, we would [like] for him to come back on set. He’s going through his growing pains…he can get back on track. He’s going through his adult issues and all of this but I am sure he’ll be back — granted the perfect contract for him, I’m sure he would be back.”
Old 02-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Junkie

Before his death, Dustin Diamond was in talks to reprise Screech on Peacock's Saved by the Bell reboot

"He was upset that he wasn't asked to be a part of the reboot, but he talked to one of the executive producers about possibly coming to appear on the second season and he was happy about that," the actor's longtime manager, Roger Paul, tells People. Meanwhile, Mark-Paul Gosselaar discussed Diamond's death with Tamron Hall today, saying: "It’s always tough when someone passes away. I think it’s even more so when the individual is someone you know, and the age of Dustin. It was only a few weeks ago that we heard about his diagnosis, and for it to happen so quickly is shocking." Gosselaar said the Saved by the Bell cast plans to get together to remember Diamond.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

I just hope that his passing gets the acknowledgement on the show that it deserves.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly
Old 05-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #5
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

We already know that Screech Powers is related to the real-life abused antisemitism of deceased original SBTB creator Sam Bobrick's. Even if Diamond is already dead officially, I wouldn't kill off that Screech character, but rather than including, I would reboot that character in a different way, unlike Bobrick, in a separate sitcom, which is a non-discriminative type.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO Sweet Heart View Post
I just hope that his passing gets the acknowledgement on the show that it deserves.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly
Mario Lopez: Saved by the Bell is planning "something special" to honor Dustin Diamond

"We're going to have our first table read in about a week or so, but we are planning (something) special" to honor the late Diamond, says Lopez. "We're ready to start up again in June and I will be in all those episodes."
Old 05-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #7
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

^^^ I still can't believe that he is gone.

God bless you and everyone who loved him always!!!

Holly
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #8
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO Sweet Heart View Post
^^^ I still can't believe that he is gone.

God bless you and everyone who loved him always!!!

Holly
Dustin's gone, but his Screech role may not be gone yet because:

1.) We need to know if Tracey Wigfield is against autistic characters, or not against, first of all.

2.) If not against, then that Screech character needs to rebooted and revived by a different new actor, which won't be connected to Sam Bobrick this time, in a different sitcom project, whose setting is not in either Bayside or Valley High School settings.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote