Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board


The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars


New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #151
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Idol
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 106,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I only have the 25 on this list. Williamson wrote for the show during Seasons 8 and 9. I have no scripts from those seasons, and am not really a later-seasons fan, though I wouldn't mind getting the script for episode 8-06, "The Little Chill", when old, familiar friends at last return to Peekskill. That felt like a classic episode!
Okay, thank you.
__________________
~-*Mikaela*-~
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #152
Lorimar Television
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Lorimar Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2007
Posts: 6,531
Default

After putting it off I finally read the script for Dieting. The only difference I noticed was Mrs Gs line to Blair at the end. I did think the ending was sorta choppy, ending on Sue Ann telling Blair they were even, cut to a freeze frame of Blair. But Mrs Gs line didn’t make much sense either.
__________________
Some of my favorite theme songs:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-e...89CsiJpV_irnNw
Lorimar Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:06 AM   #153
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
After putting it off I finally read the script for Dieting.
YAY! We can finally discuss it!

Quote:
The only difference I noticed was Mrs Gs line to Blair at the end. I did think the ending was sorta choppy, ending on Sue Ann telling Blair they were even, cut to a freeze frame of Blair. But Mrs Gs line didnít make much sense either.
Blair's nose was pushed in the pudding, so Mrs. G's line was about her inhaling pudding and thus gaining weight. I feel like they made the right decision to cut that line, as well as Sue Ann's "We're even!". Ending with Blair's face covered in pudding was a stronger ending, so I agree.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #154
'80sSitcoms
Member
Forum Fanatic
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I take it that's a request?

Okay, one moment... There's definitely a "new" scene in there that I know you'll LOVE, '80s!
Oh no you don't! I'm not falling for that again! I learned my lesson of pre-excitement hopes dashed when you played up "something NEW we learn about Cindy's character!" in a script shared here in 2018, only for it to be nothing new about her at all. Lesson learned!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
Whaaaaaat? Omg yes please!
Hahahaha, I knew Lorsie would want that one next!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I feel like they made the right decision to cut that line, as well as Sue Ann's "We're even!". Ending with Blair's face covered in pudding was a stronger ending, so I agree.
Unless I'm misreading something, it sounds like you're saying they cut Sue Ann's line "We're even!" from the script. But it actually is in the final episode. In fact, I think her line is actually longer, with her saying "Now we're even!", which I cannot believe you two Sue Ann fan brigaders would not notice, lol , but she definitely does say "We're even!" at least.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #155
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Oh no you don't! I'm not falling for that again! I learned my lesson of pre-excitement hopes dashed when you played up "something NEW we learn about Cindy's character!" in a script shared here in 2018, only for it to be nothing new about her at all. Lesson learned!

Sorry '80s! But I know you will love what happens in one scene...


Quote:
Hahahaha, I knew Lorsie would want that one next!
Of course!

Quote:
Unless I'm misreading something, it sounds like you're saying they cut Sue Ann's line "We're even!" from the script. But it actually is in the final episode. In fact, I think her line is actually longer, with her saying "Now we're even!", which I cannot believe you two Sue Ann fan brigaders would not notice, lol , but she definitely does say "We're even!" at least.
Ah! I never could hear what she was saying because of the audience laughter. But now we know what she actually said. Which is very cool.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #156
'80sSitcoms
Member
Forum Fanatic
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Ah! I never could hear what she was saying because of the audience laughter. But now we know what she actually said. Which is very cool.
That's funny that I knew that line and you didn't, just because I'm usually bad at not being able to make out lines under big laughter or "people talking all at once". lol
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #157
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
That's funny that I knew that line and you didn't, just because I'm usually bad at not being able to make out lines under big laughter or "people talking all at once". lol
I know what you mean, because I'm not great at that myself.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #158
'80sSitcoms
Member
Forum Fanatic
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I know what you mean, because I'm not great at that myself.
Oh no! I hoped you were because there's a CINDY line I can't make out in "Overachieving"! I was counting on you!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #159
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Oh no! I hoped you were because there's a CINDY line I can't make out in "Overachieving"! I was counting on you!
Uh oh. Where's it at?
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #160
'80sSitcoms
Member
Forum Fanatic
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Uh oh. Where's it at?
It's in Mrs. Garrett's bedroom right after Molly ZINGS Blair with:

"That'll never happen."

"And why not?"

"Because I'm gonna be the president of General Motors."

OOOOoooo! Get 'er, Mols!

And Mrs. Garrett and the girls laugh and cheer Molly on, and Cindy says SOMETHING to Blair in a dig about Molly getting her, but I cannot tell what it is.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #161
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
It's in Mrs. Garrett's bedroom right after Molly ZINGS Blair with:

"That'll never happen."

"And why not?"

"Because I'm gonna be the president of General Motors."

OOOOoooo! Get 'er, Mols!

And Mrs. Garrett and the girls laugh and cheer Molly on, and Cindy says SOMETHING to Blair in a dig about Molly getting her, but I cannot tell what it is.
I'm such garbage at this. I hear "... that, Blair!"

Sadly, that part of the scene isn't in the version of the script I have.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #162
'80sSitcoms
Member
Forum Fanatic
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 11,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I'm such garbage at this. I hear "... that, Blair!"

Sadly, that part of the scene isn't in the version of the script I have.
Haha! Yes, I remember thinking I could at least make out "Blair" at the very end.

Oh well, thanks for trying!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #163
Sitcommania
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2018
Location: New york
Posts: 260
Default

She says, “She got you on that one, Blair.”
Sitcommania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #164
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitcommania View Post
She says, “She got you on that one, Blair.”
Nice catch, SM!

You'll have to be our Official Hearer from now on!
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #165
Sitcommania
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2018
Location: New york
Posts: 260
Default

Lol! Hopefully it’ll stick out better next time you watch it.
Sitcommania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
facts of life, scripts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.