Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Leave it to Beaver Online / Leave it to Beaver links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Leave it to Beaver Photo Gallery

Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set)

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete First Season (Limited Edition Gift Set with Cleaver Family Photo Album) on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Three

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Three on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Four

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Four on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Five

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Five on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - Season Six

Buy Leave it to Beaver - Season Six on DVD
Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series

Buy Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series (2019 Release) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Leave it to Beaver

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 24, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Going All in on Monday Night Animated Comedies (in May 2023); CBS Cancels Bull After Six Seasons
One Tree Hill Reunion on New CBS Series; Bel-Air Announces Recurring Cast, Including Karrueche Tran & Duane Martin
REELZ Announces I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island Unknown Story Specials; The Proud Family Revival Premieres Feb. 23 on Disney+
South Park Season 25 Premieres Feb. 2; Netflix Orders Animated Comedy Procedural
Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 04-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #16
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Most character roles are played by established character actors. And for these people you can find info on them. People like Hal Smith, Edgar Buchanan, and Howard McNear, and Jean VanderPyl. I imagine these as "go-to" people when you need a miscellaneous role.

On the other hand, when you have a role like the angry guy, who has only one or 2 sentences to say (or yell), they might have gone to someone like Mr. Stevens, who might already be there (my theory again). It definitely happened with Rusty Hamer's mother on Danny Thomas Show. But since there is nothing on him, there is no way to really know. Jerry would know, but I don't know him!
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #17
Scrabjan1
Forum 3000 Club Member

Jerry wouldn't know. He knows very little about the show he is famous for. Once he described the plot of one of the episodes and it wasn't correct. In the book about LITB there are tons of errors and loves to talk about being the first show to have a toilet in a scene.
Scrabjan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #18
rusty spike
Frequent Poster

I had a similar experience with a friend who had moved to another state for a couple of years. I invited him over to reconnect and rekindle our friendship. It went south real fast and we got into an argument and tussle within the hour. Thank god for phones and he went home a short time later.

I kinda figured that Beaver and Jackie had grown apart and knew it was a BIG mistake for them to extend their visit. It would have been better for them to visit for a short time, then call the parents to ask for an extension.

Also, my father would have skinned me alive if I was using the side of the garage for the dart board. Seeing the darts land in the garage siding was cringe-worthy.
rusty spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:54 PM   #19
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Even worse, I think in one episode they had the dart board in the bedroom, and Beaver missed, hitting the wall.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:18 PM   #20
rusty spike
Frequent Poster

I will have to watch for the dart game inside the bedroom.
rusty spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:53 PM   #21
vitoscotti
Forum Regular

Yeah I've noticed a dart board in the bedroom at times. Yes sir, no sir, fold your napkin before leaving the dinner table. But, let's give braindead Beaver a weapon to play with?
vitoscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:02 PM   #22
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

There was one time when Eddie came into the room, and I think Beaver was tossing a tennis ball against the wall the beds are on. I'd either make him clean the wall or repaint it.

Scrabjan would probably know what episodes this and the darts in the bedroom happened. I know it would be season 5 or 6. It wasn't earlier because Beaver got more stupid as he got older. Or, put another way, older but wiser didn't apply to him.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:04 PM   #23
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoscotti View Post
Yes sir, no sir, fold your napkin before leaving the dinner table.
Or, in the restaurant in Beaver Won't Eat, "Break your bread before you butter it."
Old 11-30-2021, 06:59 AM   #24
Scrabjan1
Forum 3000 Club Member

I remember Beaver is trying to help Wally do something he wants. Beaver says if he hits the board he’ll get to go somewhere. Could it be how Wally wants to go with Bill Scott and the guys to the lake. No it’s when Wally wants to go to the all night party and Beaver hits the wall with a dart.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #25
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

^I'll check later.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #26
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

"Summer in Alaska" - Beaver is tossing/bouncing a ball against the bedroom wall, at the beginning.

If I were Ward I'd bounce him against the wall.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #27
CosmicCharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Or, in the restaurant in Beaver Won't Eat, "Break your bread before you butter it."
What a joke ...

Rule #3: There is only one correct way to butter and eat your bread.

The only correct way to butter and eat your bread is to:

Using a knife, put a bit of butter on the side of your bread plate first;

Then, tear off one bite-sized piece of bread at a time and butter that piece only, right before putting it into your mouth.

Many people make the mistake of buttering the whole slice of bread and then biting into the slice. This sets the stage for butter ending up on your fingers and around your mouth.

https://www.maggieoldham.com/blog/bread-etiquette
CosmicCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:07 PM   #28
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
What a joke ...

Rule #3:
...Many people make the mistake of buttering the whole slice of bread and then biting into the slice. This sets the stage for butter ending up on your fingers and around your mouth.
Oh, no! Butter on one's fingers? Tut, tut says Miss Manners.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #29
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabjan1 View Post
I remember Beaver is trying to help Wally do something he wants. Beaver says if he hits the board hell get to go somewhere. Could it be how Wally wants to go with Bill Scott and the guys to the lake. No its when Wally wants to go to the all night party and Beaver hits the wall with a dart.
That's it! - All Night Party. W&J talk over whether to let Wally go to it, and the boys go upstairs. Beaver sets up the dart board, and hits the wall.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:38 AM   #30
Scrabjan1
Forum 3000 Club Member

That’s it. Hey sorry for that old comment in 2017 saying Rusty and Rory were brothers. I guess I made a mistake and have since been enlightened. No way were they related.