Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > Fuller House

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

REELZ Announces I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island Unknown Story Specials; The Proud Family Revival Premieres Feb. 23 on Disney+
South Park Season 25 Premieres Feb. 2; Netflix Orders Animated Comedy Procedural
Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 17, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Quantum Leap and Life Goes On Reboots in the Works at NBC; Weekend of Tributes for Betty White and Bob Saget
Fri-Yay: Cobra Kai Continues to Be a Delight; Fox Announces Premiere Date for Welcome to Flatch, Hulu to Release First 7 Episodes on Same Day

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Unhappy The Olsen Twins Are Officially Not Involved w/ "Fuller House"

The Olsen Twins Are Officially Not in "Fuller House", Says Lori Loughlin
by Dylan Kickham
11/25/15

You (don’t) got it, dude. Sorry Michelle Tanner fans, but the Olsen twins won’t be reprising their famous childhood role in the "Full House" reboot.

Lori Loughlin told The Huffington Post that the first season of "Fuller House" has wrapped, and the famous twins did not drop by. She also said that she doesn’t think they’ll make cameos in future seasons of the series.

Previously, Loughlin’s TV husband, John Stamos, had contacted Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to invite them to join the cast for a cameo, but it seems his outreach efforts were not quite successful.

Loughlin did confirm that pretty much every other member of the original cast did reprise their roles.

"Fuller House" will begin streaming on Netflix in 2016.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/25...se-olsen-twins
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

Even though I respect their decision not to be on the show, I will be missing them very much when I watch.

God bless you and the girls always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of them)
Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
TMC
Forum Legend

Default How Fuller House will explain Michelle Tanner’s absence

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...lained-w159160

Like real-life counterparts Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Michelle will be working on creating her own fashion empire in New York City, according to Us Weekly.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:45 AM   #4
Schmoopie
Keep Calm and Love Snoopy
Forum Star

I wasn't going to watch this series but I might give it a try.

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:04 AM   #5
TMC
Forum Legend

Default John Stamos: Olsen Twins turned down Fuller House because they’re done with acting

http://jezebel.com/uncle-jesse-mary-...use-1750932221

Stamos recalled to Howard Stern his attempts to get Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to reprise their Michelle Tanner role for the Netflix series. "They just were afraid of acting,” he says. "They don’t consider themselves actresses. I said maybe you guys will just be in New York and we’ll do a phone call or something and they were like, ‘Let us think about it,’ and it just wasn’t for them so…” PLUS: Stamos says producers approached Elizabeth Olsen to play Michelle.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

^^^ I would be interested in seeing Lizzy play Michelle.

God bless you and her and Mary-Kate and Ashley always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of the twins)

P.S. To me, Mary Kate and Ashley really shined in one scene near the end of that last movie that they did together named New York Minute. When their characters finally get their honest feelings out into the open, in my opinion, they couldn't have done a more awesome job.
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
TMC
Forum Legend

Default Fuller House boss: Why the Olsen Twins turned us down

http://www.people.com/article/fuller...s-dave-coulier

"Ashley said, 'I have not been in front of a camera since I was 17 and I don't feel comfortable acting,'" executive producer Bob Boyett tells People as part of its Fuller House cover story. "Mary-Kate said, 'It would have to be me because Ash doesn't want to do it. But the timing is so bad for us.'"
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

^^^ Hopefully the show will do well to where at least another season will then be made. Maybe by then, Mary-Kate will have the opportunity to make an appearance on the show.

God bless you and her and Ashley always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of the girls)
Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
TMC
Forum Legend

Default Fuller House Boss Defends Premiere's 'Playful' Joke About M.I.A. Olsen Twins: 'The Do

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fuller-hous...225004182.html

Quote:
Fuller House‘s series premiere might contain a joke at the Olsen Twins’ expense — neither actress wanted to return as Michelle — but series creator Jeff Franklin insists there’s no bad blood between them.

“It wasn’t meant to be a dig; it was meant to be playful,” Franklin told reporters Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena. “We all tried to persuade them to come and play; they decided not to at this time. We’re hopeful that at some time in the future, they might change their minds and reprise Michelle. We only need one of ’em. We still love them, and the door is always open.”

Moving onto more pleasant topics, Franklin considers Fuller‘s pilot — which drops Feb. 26, along with the rest of Season 1 — to serve as the long-lost Full House series finale.

“I wanted to create an episode that was for the fans, that was in essence the last episode of Full House that we never got to do,” he explained. “We wanted to combine that with setting up the new show.”

Added executive producer Robert Boyett, “I think the show came to a sort of natural end. The ultimate decision was the network’s. Our show was a family show, which was quite expensive to produce. … For us, we felt that some of our actors were really ready to move on. We sat down and talked about it like a family. It felt like the right thing to do. We left it open-ended.”

But don’t get too attached to seeing that entire family — sans the Olsen Twins and “Comet” — under one roof; the original cast members’ visits become “more sporadic” after Episode 1.

“As the show goes along, it’s great to have the guys and Aunt Becky come through now and then, because it’s a family,” Franklin added. “But this is a show that’s centered around [DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy].”

“I have been approached at least two or three times a year [by Warner Bros. TV] for some follow-up on Full House,” Boyett revealed. “I hated reunion shows, and didn’t want to do a reunion show. Mostly, they are lousy. I felt if something worthy came along, we might do something in the future The right idea finally came along, thanks to Jeff. We thought [the concept of Fuller House] was very timely.”
Old 04-19-2021, 02:38 AM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

John Stamos Talks about Olsen Twins Absence from "Fuller House"
by Bruce Haring
April 18, 2021

John Stamos said he was “disappointed” that twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen didn’t make a cameo appearance in the Netflix series "Fuller House".

Stamos made his remarks on Andy Cohen’s "Watch What Happens Live". The show was done remotely with Stamos.

Cohen asked, “Were you surprised that the Olsens never made an appearance on the show, or you knew when they said ‘We’re not doing it’ that they weren’t doing it?

Stamos said that the cast was “disappointed, but we understood.

I remember Lori [Loughlin] saying to me, ‘They won two or three CFDA [Fashion] Awards.’ That’s like winning two or three Oscars,” he said. “If you won three Oscars, would you come back and do this? I was like, ‘Eh, maybe not.’

Stamos also said the finale of "Fuller House" was particularly emotional because the original show never had a “farewell” episode.

When we did the original series, we got canceled, and we knew like a week before, and we were just doing a regular last show. We never really did the final show. So, it was pretty emotional.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/fuller-...ot-1234739036/
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:28 AM   #11
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

^^^ To me, the final episode of the original show seemed like a legitimate enough farewell show to me considering what took place. I don't know how a better one could've been made. My most favorite part is when Michelle asks where her mother is.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 08-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #12
TMC
Forum Legend

There is a part of me who doesn't understand why people are up in arms for why the Olsens declined to participate in Fuller House. I get that people on the outside looking in, will few them as being ungrateful.

But we have to keep things a proper perspective. It's doubtful that Mary-Kate and Ashley really have that many found memories from working on Full House to begin with. They were barely out of the womb when they started working on that show back in 1987. And they were maybe about 7 or 8 years old when the show ended. So it's within reason that they barely remember too much about being on the show to begin with.

Plus, Mary-Kate and Ashley literally worked in TV and film their entire lives up until they turned 18. So it goes without saying, that they were probably burned out. They never really got to experience a "normal" life or childhood to put it in another way. They were more of a "brand" than actual thespians. So I would assume that both Mary-Kate and Ashley figured that they were never going to be taken seriously or evolve as actresses once they reached a certain age anyway.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #13
JO Sweet Heart
Forum Veteran

^^^ Exactly. Unlike so much of this planet's population, to me, their last film named New York Minute was awesome and one scene that they do together near the end is the reason why.

God bless you and the girls always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of them)

P.S. In that film, they play a set of twins who are nothing alike and the scene illustrates the reason why there is a wall in between them at first.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:36 PM   #14
TMC
Forum Legend

Fuller House: What Would Michelle's Story Have Been (If Olsens Returned)?

Quote:
While Michelle was understandably referenced multiple times over the course of Fuller House, the character never actually being seen, even at big life events like D.J. and Stephanie's simultaneous wedding ceremonies, suggested possible friction within the family. One of the only things Fuller House revealed about Michelle was that she moved to New York City after graduating high school and started a fashion empire. While that kind of a career in such a big city can certainly be time-consuming, it didn't really explain why she couldn't be bothered to ever show up for her sisters or the rest of her family, outside of a quick mention that she had spent part of the holidays with Danny, Jesse, and Becky during season 4. To that end, Fuller House could've taken the route of further mirroring the Olsen's real lives, having Michelle go off and become extremely rich and famous following Full House's finale.

As Michelle's career grew and her social circle changed, she could've become more and more distant from her family, possibly also due to her resenting always being treated like the Tanner baby even as she got older. While Michelle's absence was played for meta laughs on Fuller House, if the Olsens had eventually returned to play Michelle, one of Full House's patented emotional storylines could've seen her have a heart to heart with her sisters and relatives, leading to a tearful hug and a renewed presence in each other's lives. If Olsen had desired it, perhaps Michelle could've possibly moved to San Francisco and continued her career there so that she could've become a regular cast member. If that had occurred, there's also a good chance the triple wedding in Fuller House's series finale could've become a quadruple affair.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:11 AM   #15
TMC
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO Sweet Heart View Post
^^^ Hopefully the show will do well to where at least another season will then be made. Maybe by then, Mary-Kate will have the opportunity to make an appearance on the show.

God bless you and her and Ashley always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of the girls)
Of course, the most ideal option would've been to get Elizabeth Olsen to play the role that her older sisters previously shared. But, I would doubt that Elizabeth wouldn't do it because she's a "real Hollywood actress" and doesn't need to lower herself like that. Especially since she would understandably want to avoid being associated with her sisters.