Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 24, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Going All in on Monday Night Animated Comedies (in May 2023); CBS Cancels Bull After Six Seasons
One Tree Hill Reunion on New CBS Series; Bel-Air Announces Recurring Cast, Including Karrueche Tran & Duane Martin
REELZ Announces I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island Unknown Story Specials; The Proud Family Revival Premieres Feb. 23 on Disney+
South Park Season 25 Premieres Feb. 2; Netflix Orders Animated Comedy Procedural
Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 11-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #106
MA
Forum Idol

IMDB TV's holiday streaming lineup:

https://www.tvinsider.com/1020844/im...lls-christmas/
Old 12-03-2021, 08:27 PM   #107
Sal
Forum 3000 Club Member

This week's new releases for a new month and more holiday playlists just in time for Christmas:

PLUTO TV

The Danny Thomas Show (Seasons 9 and 10)

IMDB TV

The Danny Thomas Show (Season 11)

The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis (Complete)

Bewitched (Season 3)

ROKU

I Dream Of Jeannie (Seasons 4 and 5)

Charlie's Angels (Seasons 4 and 5)

Hazel (Season 5)

Barney Miller (Seasons 3 and 4)

Miami Vice (Seasons 1, 3, and 5)

Bewitched (Seasons 3 and 4)

The Danny Thomas Show (Seasons 4, 6, and 7)

Just Shoot Me (Season 5, 6, and 7)

FILMRISE

The Danny Thomas Show (Season 7)

PEACOCK

Knight Rider (Complete)

Miami Vice (Complete)

TUBI

Suspense (1949) (Complete)

Blossom (Complete) - A great pick-up for TUBI here, beating the others to the punch!

Who's The Boss? (Seasons 1 and 2)

The Last Of The Mohicans (Season 1)

227 (Seasons 1 and 2)

Silver Spoons (Seasons 1 and 2)

What's Happening (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

Sanford (1980) (Seasons 1 and 2)

PLEX

That Girl (Season 1)

SHOUT FACTORY

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In (Complete)

UNCLE EARL'S CLASSIC TV

Dennis The Menace (Season 4)

Baretta (Season 1)

Mayberry RFD (Season 2)

Hawaii 5-0 (Season 1)

Perry Mason (Season 6)

Amen (Season 4)

The Millionaire (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

INTERNET ARCHIVE

Barney Miller (Season 4)

Medical Center (Season 6)

How The West Was Won (Season 3)

HOLIDAY PLAYLISTS

Pluto TV - Season's Greetings

PLEX Christmas Classics

TUBI - Holiday Hits

Crackle Christmas Countdown
Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:53 PM   #108
LTCProductions
Occasional Poster

Big heads up: The classic_teevee Archive account appears to have been completely wiped.
LTCProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:27 AM   #109
Queena
Occasional Poster

Thank you for this. It’s a great resource that I use often to find shows to binge.

Do you think that a streaming service will be able to show Chicago Hope and Boston Public anytime soon. I know that there’s problems because of the music used, but surely someone can at least start showing reruns. Another one of my favorite shows started running on Start Tv (Any Day Now) bad one if the reasons that kept it from rerunning was the music. They seem to have got clearance for that. Surely Chicago Hope can get clearance….I hope. I miss those shows.
Queena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #110
Sal
Forum 3000 Club Member

I looked into TeeVee Classics and it is indeed gone but I would expect that to be temporary. This is what the user says on the YouTube page:

Quote from Tee Vee Classics - Rewind

"Just so everyone knows, there is a small problem with the internet archive channel.

I changed my e-mail and it "reset" my account."

So there's the problem. Once it gets fixed, I'll have it back on again. In the meantime, you can still find most of the 'lost' shows on the YouTube channel:

TeeVee Classics - Rewind - Playlists

Look for "The Ropers" and "My Mother The Car" as the latest additions to the still growing list of shows on this great channel. Here are other YouTube pages you might like with classic TV playlists on them. Let me know which ones you prefer and I'll add them to my releases list next week

Burgers In Space

Classic TV In 4K

Classics Cast

Dr Yesteryear

Executive Decision

Rogue's Retro

The Chuck Shack

Corey Baker's Entertainment Channel

Nothin But Classics

The OTR Collection

Timeless Television

Times Past Television

You should be able to find whatever you're looking for in at least one of these great channels. For example, someone asked about Nanny and the Professor a few weeks ago. It's on Corey Baker's channel along with many obscure titles that are very hard to find on other channels.

Speaking of which, Chicago Hope and Boston Public are fairly recent series by comparison so I don't normally keep a look out for them but I was still able to find them. Here they are. This is the best I could do.

Chicago Hope

Boston Public

Any Day Now

Just ask me and I will find more for you!
Old 12-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #111
MA
Forum Idol

The TeeVee Classics channel is still on Archive.org, but there's no uploads.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:56 AM   #112
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Does anybody here have any more info on CTV Throwback?

Basically what I am curious of is, how they seem to get so many shows, even ones that you can't find on US Streaming Services or at least ones that used to never be on US ones.

Also I noticed they don't seem to do like US Streaming Services and go "Give me a few seasons", they seem to go "Give me the whole show or nothing".

I just don't seem to see a comparable service in the US. Even Netflix, Peacock, Hulu, Crackle, Tubi, etc don't seem to have quite the classic catalog as CTV.

I'm somewhat surprised that on many social media/forums I see in the US, nobody really mentions CTV Throwback. I'd say a VPN Subscription for just CTV is justified. lol
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #113
LTCProductions
Occasional Poster

Videos are back on TeeVee Classics Archive.
LTCProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:24 PM   #114
Sal
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
Does anybody here have any more info on CTV Throwback?

Basically what I am curious of is, how they seem to get so many shows, even ones that you can't find on US Streaming Services or at least ones that used to never be on US ones.

Also I noticed they don't seem to do like US Streaming Services and go "Give me a few seasons", they seem to go "Give me the whole show or nothing".

I just don't seem to see a comparable service in the US. Even Netflix, Peacock, Hulu, Crackle, Tubi, etc don't seem to have quite the classic catalog as CTV.

I'm somewhat surprised that on many social media/forums I see in the US, nobody really mentions CTV Throwback. I'd say a VPN Subscription for just CTV is justified. lol

I would recommend it myself if you are interested. CTV Throwback does have an impressive group of shows although I wish they would focus more on older stuff (pre-1990s) since they've been adding a lot of recent series lately. I don't know how they find their shows but I can tell you how they were formed.

From its beginnings, Crackle was a streaming service that Canadians could access for free until 2018. In June of that year, it was discontinued and its catalogue as well as the Canadian rights to their series was transferred to the CTV television network and its web service CTV.ca which in itself has an impressive group of current series (like Young Sheldon, The Rookie, The Conners, and Grey's Anatomy) that has made CTV the top TV network in Canada. Crackle had a working agreement with the Sony/Columbia Pictures studio to use their content on the streaming site and CTV Throwback has kept most of those series on its page and they have proved to be popular with fans. When new series get added, and they add at least one new show every Thursday, you get the whole thing, not just a few episodes at a time, or one season only. I like that system better.

Here is the homepage where you can see for yourself how varied the selections are:

CTV Throwback

If you are a movie fan, CTV also has a companion website called CTV Movies which also offers a wide selection of choices that you may like:

CTV Movies
Old 12-09-2021, 02:45 AM   #115
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I would recommend it myself if you are interested. CTV Throwback does have an impressive group of shows although I wish they would focus more on older stuff (pre-1990s) since they've been adding a lot of recent series lately. I don't know how they find their shows but I can tell you how they were formed.

From its beginnings, Crackle was a streaming service that Canadians could access for free until 2018. In June of that year, it was discontinued and its catalogue as well as the Canadian rights to their series was transferred to the CTV television network and its web service CTV.ca which in itself has an impressive group of current series (like Young Sheldon, The Rookie, The Conners, and Grey's Anatomy) that has made CTV the top TV network in Canada. Crackle had a working agreement with the Sony/Columbia Pictures studio to use their content on the streaming site and CTV Throwback has kept most of those series on its page and they have proved to be popular with fans. When new series get added, and they add at least one new show every Thursday, you get the whole thing, not just a few episodes at a time, or one season only. I like that system better.

Here is the homepage where you can see for yourself how varied the selections are:

CTV Throwback

If you are a movie fan, CTV also has a companion website called CTV Movies which also offers a wide selection of choices that you may like:

CTV Movies

Thanks for the info!

What I don't get is why Designing Women Season 4 Episode 6 is missing but that was always a diffult show to find for a family member.

Other than that, they never seem to miss an episode.

I really enjoy the Lear stuff like Jeffersons, Good Times, Maude, etc.

I watched them on Antenna TV, but they were 19-20min while CTV has like 22-25min shows.

The same thing with the Joey Bishop Show. 19 min on Antenna TV but 23 or 25min on Filmrise.

I used to really dig TV Channels but I try to get web versions of shows as my OCD doesn't like parts of the show being cut out....lol
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:25 PM   #116
Sal
Forum 3000 Club Member

This week, TeeVee Classics is back on the Internet Archive and so am I to bring you the latest releases:

PLUTO TV

The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Complete)

TUBI

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In (Complete)

Soap (Seasons 1 and 2)

FILMRISE

The Life and Legend Of Wyatt Earp (Complete)

UNCLE EARL'S CLASSIC TV

Hunter (Seasons 4 and 5)

Donna Reed Show (Season 8)

Cheyenne (Season 7)

Laverne & Shirley (Seasons 5 and 6) (Note: "Laverne and Shirley" will return to CHCH-TV's Retro lineup on Tuesday, December 21 at 4:00 pm.)

Dr. Kildare (Seasons 1 and 2)

TEEVEE CLASSICS - INTERNET ARCHIVE

Back by popular demand!

Latest additions for December:

The Immortal (1970) (Complete)

The Joey Bishop Show (Episodes 68-82)

Family (Season 2)

The Mod Squad (Season 1)

Emergency! (Season 4)

My Mother The Car (Complete)

Disneyland (Season 3) (1957)
Old 12-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #117
bencasey

I looked on Roku and didn't see season 4 of Danny Thomas.
bencasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #118
eng51squad51
Forum Regular

Uncle Earl's Classic TV Channel

Emergency! Season 1 & 2

https://www.solie.org/alibrary/Emergency.html
eng51squad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:33 PM   #119
Sal
Forum 3000 Club Member

Last update of 2021!

IMDB TV

The Addams Family (Complete)

In The Heat Of The Night (Complete)

Hangin' With Mr. Cooper (Complete)

Step By Step (Complete)

Night Court (Complete)

Perfect Strangers (Complete)

REDBOX

Dark Shadows (Seasons 1 to 4)

TUBI

Bewitched (Seasons 7 and 8)

Dawson's Creek (Seasons 1 and 2)

The Rockford Files (Complete)

Designing Women (Seasons 1 and 7)

UNCLE EARL'S CLASSIC TV

Family (Season 5)

The Odd Couple (Seasons 2 and 3)

The Paper Chase (Seasons 1 and 2)

Happy Days (Seasons 6 and 7)

Gunsmoke (Season 11)

Emergency! (Seasons 1 and 2)

Black Sheep Squadron (Season 1)

INTERNET ARCHIVE

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (Episodes 241-260)

SWAT (Season 1) (Season 2)

Happy Days (Season 7)

Mister Ed (Season 2)

Eight Is Enough (Season 1)

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and happy streaming, everyone! Come back for more free favorites of yours and mine in 2022!

Last edited by Sal; 01-07-2022 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #120
mrorange
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey View Post
I looked on Roku and didn't see season 4 of Danny Thomas.
It looks like Roku Channel only has seasons 5-11 and has them mislabeled 1-7. But Pluto TV On Demand also has Season 4.

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series..._source=google
mrorange is offline   Reply With Quote