Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 17, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Quantum Leap and Life Goes On Reboots in the Works at NBC; Weekend of Tributes for Betty White and Bob Saget
Fri-Yay: Cobra Kai Continues to Be a Delight; Fox Announces Premiere Date for Welcome to Flatch, Hulu to Release First 7 Episodes on Same Day
MeTV Acquires Full House, Launches with Bob Saget Tribute; Dickinson Gets Documentary Retrospective
TCA Winter 2022 Press Tour: ABC; Hulu Orders More of The Great

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 04-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #376
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Cheryl Holland

responsible, along with her common-law husband Eddie Wooten, of murdering her aunt and uncle (Mattie and Joe Harvey, of Sequatchie County, TN), and setting their home on fire in 1991. Their bodies were ultimately recovered from the trunk of their car, that Holland and Wooten had rolled into the Tennessee river.

She was ultimately apprehended at this gas station / convenience store in Rollingwood, TX, just outside of Austin, under the name of Amy Foerster - just an hour or two after the UM broadcast.

shot from the UM broadcast:

Name:  cherylholland1.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  53.3 KB

shot from Google Maps as of March 2014:

Name:  cherylholland2.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  73.5 KB

address is 2710 Farm to Market Road 2244; Rollingwood, TX 78746 ‎

source: Sun Journal newspaper column, 2/28/92
The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #377
idol
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaylor72
I did some digging and found the Owens' house myself. It wasn't easy!

The house is located at 7742 38th Ave SW in Seattle, Washington.

Here's the front view of the Owens' house:

It's the last house on the street. The cross street is SW Kenyon St.

Here's the rear of the Owens' house:

You can visualize where Joe had his compost box in the second picture.
You wonder if the current owners have any knowledge of what happened there, it would be creepy to live there.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #378
mtaylor72
Looking for that one clue...
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
You wonder if the current owners have any knowledge of what happened there, it would be creepy to live there.
I wonder that, too. I was determined to find out where the house is located because this case has intrigued me for years. It was one of the creepiest cases shown on UM. The address hasn't been published in any news reports as far as I can tell. I really had to do some deep searching to find it but it's definitely correct because property records show that the house was sold in late 1990 by Arden Bradshaw, who was Joe and Gladys' nephew and was interviewed in the segment.

Public records show that the house has changed hands three times since the Owens lived there. The home was first sold in late 1990, and sold again in 1994, and sold yet again in 2003.

I don't know if the current owners know anything about the incident, but it does make me wonder why the house changed hands that many times since the Owens incident happened...
mtaylor72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #379
idol
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I wonder that, too. I was determined to find out where the house is located because this case has intrigued me for years. It was one of the creepiest cases shown on UM.
I agree something about the Joe Owens case that intrigued me, I'd put it in my top five.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #380
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Frequent Poster

I know the episode said that Gladys was 9 years older than Joe but did they marry late in life? They didn't have any children I'm guessing since their nephew handled their estate?
Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #381
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I wonder that, too. I was determined to find out where the house is located because this case has intrigued me for years. It was one of the creepiest cases shown on UM. The address hasn't been published in any news reports as far as I can tell. I really had to do some deep searching to find it but it's definitely correct because property records show that the house was sold in late 1990 by Arden Bradshaw, who was Joe and Gladys' nephew and was interviewed in the segment.

Public records show that the house has changed hands three times since the Owens lived there. The home was first sold in late 1990, and sold again in 1994, and sold yet again in 2003.

I don't know if the current owners know anything about the incident, but it does make me wonder why the house changed hands that many times since the Owens incident happened...

They very well might. My mom is a real estate agent and when Arthur Lee Allen's home came up for sale a few years ago we looked up the MLS (I believe) information. It had plain as day "home belonged to major Zodiac murder suspect, people take pictures in front of on daily basis".
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #382
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:

I think real estate people are required to tell you if such a tragic incident happened in the house you are thinking of buying. Some people have no problem with it. I mentioned this in the Brad Bishop thread but I think it's worth another mention. Barely a year after he killed his family and went into hiding, the Bishop house was bought by a couple, Bob and Carolyn Gneiser.

Keep in mind that this is 1977 when the case was still very much in the public eye and strangers from everywhere would drop by just to try and get a look at the house. A murder took place in every single bedroom upstairs, Annette was killed in the living room and all the bodies were placed in the bathtub in the upstairs bathroom. Carolyn Gneiser was completely unfazed. She loved the house so much that she said she didn't care if Hitler had lived there. The Gneisers ended up living in the house for 31 years, until each had passed away in 2006 and 2007. Interestingly, they had a handful of friends who avoided going to their house. And Bob's brother refused to step foot inside that house the entire time they lived there.

The virtual tour of the Bishop house is still available online...

The living room where Annette was killed while reading a book:

And the three upstairs bedrooms where Bishop's three boys and mother were killed...

http://homesite.obeo.com/viewer/defa...?tourid=514041
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #383
RightOnDude
Frequent Poster

I believe Real Estate agents are obligated to tell you *if you ask* ... I remember seeing a documentary about crime scene cleanup professionals once. It was two little old ladies who just had a knack for blocking out the horrible thoughts that must come with cleaning up where the worst tragedies occur.
RightOnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #384
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

I actually love the living room in the Bishop house.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #385
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Frequent Poster

I love the living room too!

My Dad lives in this Cul-de-sac in New England and the houses and rather large and pricey. A few years back, a 20 year old kid shot his grandmother over inheritance money or something along those lines. It took forever to sell and it was finally sold for 1/3 what the going price was for those houses. I can understand why someone would consider it if they are looking for a steal.
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #386
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I actually love the living room in the Bishop house.
Same here! It's so beautiful.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #387
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnDude
I believe Real Estate agents are obligated to tell you *if you ask* ... I remember seeing a documentary about crime scene cleanup professionals once. It was two little old ladies who just had a knack for blocking out the horrible thoughts that must come with cleaning up where the worst tragedies occur.
I do property management in California. We are by law required to tell you if someone died in the apartment you're renting if it was within the last 3 years.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #388
baloony
Frequent Poster

It sure does give a whole new perspective seeing these photos.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:14 AM   #389
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

That living room gives me chills. I hope its not like Amityville for whomever resides there.

I wonder if Sharon Kinne's house is still around? Or uf anyone knows if it
Old 06-26-2015, 04:56 AM   #390
Specialalert
Forum Cub

Great thread!!!
Specialalert is offline   Reply With Quote