Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 24, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Going All in on Monday Night Animated Comedies (in May 2023); CBS Cancels Bull After Six Seasons
One Tree Hill Reunion on New CBS Series; Bel-Air Announces Recurring Cast, Including Karrueche Tran & Duane Martin
REELZ Announces I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island Unknown Story Specials; The Proud Family Revival Premieres Feb. 23 on Disney+
South Park Season 25 Premieres Feb. 2; Netflix Orders Animated Comedy Procedural
Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 02-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #301
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

Don't worry about it. I had no idea I was that far off. I must have wrote down the wrong address. And sometimes google street view is off.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #302
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but could UM have used the strip mall in Dynoguy's screengrab for filming purposes? I don't know why they would if it wasn't the actual location, but it most certainly resembles the plaza in the segment.
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #303
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

JEREMY BRIGHT:

Missing since August 18, 1986.

Jeremy called his mother at 4:45 p.m. outside McKay's Market in Myrtle Point, Oregon. Surprisingly, the payphone he used is still in the parking lot, 28 years later.

Unfortunately, this was as close as Google Maps would allow me to the Coos County Fairgrounds, where Jeremy was last seen. The open field behind those two little buildings is where the fair is held.

There's still 2 more locations I'm looking for but having trouble finding. The swimming hole where all the youth in Myrtle Point usually hung out and Jeremy's grandmother's cafe where he was last seen by his family at 9:30 p.m. the day he vanished.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #304
Allierain
Forum Old-Timer
Frequent Poster

This is the playground at Doxey Elementary School in Sunset, Utah where Rachel Runyan was playing when she was abducted. Runyan was probably taken away down that adjacent road.

Last edited by Allierain; 02-16-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #305
Brock Landers
Shock the World!
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
...sometimes google street view is off.
Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Goo
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but could UM have used the strip mall in Dynoguy's screengrab for filming purposes? I don't know why they would if it wasn't the actual location, but it most certainly resembles the plaza in the segment.
I have not seen the segment in quite some time, but that is certainly a possibility.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #306
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

CRYSTAL ROBERTSON:

The 2 year old daughter of Mike Riemer and Diana Robertson was left at this K-Mart in Spanaway, Washington just after her parents murders on December 12, 1985.

Looking around the area, I noticed the K-MART is really close to a highway. I'm sure whoever the killer was, just hopped right back on it after dropping Crystal off.

A few weeks after Mike Riemer's skull was identified in 2011, an arsonist set fire to this K-MART in an apparent robbery and caused $250,000 in damages.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #307
mortytbusybody
Mystery Nut
Occasional Poster

I finally found the address for the "Omar Arson" house in Redwood City, CA. There were no street views but here are some bird's eye images:

"A" is the house's location (3 Colton Court). I've put a red X to indicate the approx. location of the arsonist...he might have been a bit more to the right and back a little further, but you get an idea that he was slightly up the hill concealed by bushes. The yellow X is approx. where the arson investigator filmed. (The "road" they both filmed on, Robertson Way, is actually a gated service road that is behind the house.) The purple arrow shows the direction the fire trucks came to put out the blaze.

Here's a close-up bird's eye of the front of the re-built house:

Here's the closest I could get to showing the back of the house (the one indicated with arrows):

And here's the UM footage for comparison (note the house to the right wasn't built yet). It looks like the camera-man was standing very close to the exact spot the arsonist stood:

and close up from UM:
mortytbusybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #308
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortytbusybody
I finally found the address for the "Omar Arson" house in Redwood City, CA. There were no street views but here are some bird's eye images:

"A" is the house's location (3 Colton Court). I've put a red X to indicate the approx. location of the arsonist...he might have been a bit more to the right and back a little further, but you get an idea that he was slightly up the hill concealed by bushes. The yellow X is approx. where the arson investigator filmed. (The "road" they both filmed on, Robertson Way, is actually a gated service road that is behind the house.) The purple arrow shows the direction the fire trucks came to put out the blaze.

Here's a close-up bird's eye of the front of the re-built house:

Here's the closest I could get to showing the back of the house (the one indicated with arrows):

And here's the UM footage for comparison (note the house to the right wasn't built yet). It looks like the camera-man was standing very close to the exact spot the arsonist stood:

and close up from UM:
Fantastic work!
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #309
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Way back in the thread, someone was interested in seeing the actual house from the Mann House / Lake Wales Haunting segment.

While looking for that info, I discovered that Alan Mann remarried, his father passed in 2007, and in 2009 his mother moved, still in Lake Wales Florida. Then I found an old article that gives the address of the haunted house. It also says they were renters, so that explains why it was so easy to move out. No mortgage to go into foreclosure. Just wait for the lease to be up, or break the lease and go.

Google Newspaper Archives

Lakeland Ledger, August 23, 1992 http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4385,1178296

According to this article, the HOUSE ADDRESS is 1424 Lakeview Rd, Lake Wales, FL 33853

(sorry I forgot how to link pics from the map)
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #310
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

I spent a long time today looking through this thread. Thank you all for posting photos; it's so interesting to see where these events happened.

Does anyone know what Martha Moxley's home/neighborhood looks like now?
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #311
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

Kurt Cobain's home
171 Lake Washington Blvd East
Seattle, WA 98122

Quote:
The greenhouse above the garage where Kurt Cobainís body was found was demolished in 1998, four years after his death.
http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/
This is from 2008:

A more recent photo, I believe:
Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #312
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dancer
I spent a long time today looking through this thread. Thank you all for posting photos; it's so interesting to see where these events happened.

Does anyone know what Martha Moxley's home/neighborhood looks like now?
The house was demolished several years ago. And Dorothy Moxley was contacted beforehand if she would like to return to see it one last time before it was torn down, to which she declined.

Unfortunately, the street is not available on Google Maps so we can't get any current pictures of what the area looks like. But here are some crime scene photographs shortly after the murder:

This was the driveway of the Moxley home where a couple droplets of blood were found. Many believe this is where Martha was first attacked...

"The Tree" under which Martha Moxley's body was found is at the center of this photograph. This tree was a favored hangout of Michael Skakel and his boyhood friend, Andy Pugh.

It was approximately in the center of this photograph where the clubhead and 9" piece of shaft were found. Note that this area would have been illuminated by the Moxley porch light turned on then off by Mrs. Moxley when she heard excited adolescent voices outside.

http://campyskakel.yuku.com/topic/15...s#.Uyztfs7obiE
Old 03-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #313
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

Thanks, dynoguy88!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #314
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

I don't know if this has been uploaded yet, it's been a long time since I've read everything. I was always fascinated by the Kelsay House in Reno. In the segment it was stated as being near Carson City NV, in a place called Fish Springs. A bit more accurately should have been stated as just south of Reno. After doing various research the address was 600 Geiger Grade.
The home was torn down in 2011 after falling into serious disrepair. At the time of the hauntings, late 70's to early 80's, this house was literally in the middle of nowhere. There has since been a major shopping center and housing developments built in the area. Ironically, only a stone's throw away from my ex's job.

The only pictures that survive are from google images.
Attached Images

Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #315
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

A closer look at the house.
Attached Images

Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote