Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-24-2003, 01:58 AM   #31
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Fine
Which episode is this in, does anyone know?
it was the season opener of the 94-95 season. I remember that when it aired. I thought it was hilarious., especially for the crew people who weren't known by name like the cast

Noticing you're a Jennifer Aniston fan from your avatar, it reminded me of the Friends opening credit right after Courteney Cox got married, in which everyone was "Jennifer Aniston Arquette", "Matthew Perry Arquette", etc...
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 02:26 AM   #32
rdaughe966
Occasional Poster

And, of course, there's the Tori Amos quip from Season 9.
rdaughe966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:51 AM   #33
Detroitbryan
Frequent Poster

In the Bar Mitsvah episode, one of the guests is looking at Roseanne and saying something like "oh looks like shes had a nose job, face lift, (and some other type of plastic surgery that I fogot)" and Roseanne just laughs and starts talking to Dan about something else.

Speaking of Bar Mitsvahs, there are a lot of jewish references on the show, some of them are the Bar Mitsvah mentioned above, Roseanne decorating her restaurant for the holidays and a third of the decorations were hanukah decorations, Roseanne referring to the Horah in one episode, playing "Sunrise, Sunset" in Dan's hospital room, any others that I can't think of. This is probably because Roseanne is jewish in real life (along with Michael Fishman).
Detroitbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:25 AM   #34
seven_to_shea
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by rdaughe966
And, of course, there's the Tori Amos quip from Season 9.
What was this?
seven_to_shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 04:07 PM   #35
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

Quote:
Originally posted by BuffySlayer79
it was the season opener of the 94-95 season. I remember that when it aired. I thought it was hilarious., especially for the crew people who weren't known by name like the cast

Noticing you're a Jennifer Aniston fan from your avatar, it reminded me of the Friends opening credit right after Courteney Cox got married, in which everyone was "Jennifer Aniston Arquette", "Matthew Perry Arquette", etc...

Yes I noticed that one immediately when it aired on FRIENDS. I missed this one in Roseanne though. Gonna have to see if I have that one taped yet - I'd like to check that out.

THanks.

How it all came down to this, only the Devil knows. Retail Rodeo is at the corner on my left. The motel is down the road to my right. I close my eyes and try to peer into the future. On my left, I saw days upon days of lipstick and ticking clocks, dirty looks and quiet whisperings. And burning secrets that just won't ever die away. And on my right, what could I picture? The blue sky, the desert earth, stretching out into the eerie infinity. A beautiful never-ending nothing.

~Justine, "The Good Girl"

Bush for President!
Nanny Fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:44 PM   #36
rdaughe966
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by seven_to_shea
What was this?
In the episode, "The War Room," Roseanne's family and friends try to figure out a way to bring her out of her depression. Jackie makes a reference to the event in Waco, TX, suggesting that they should blast an annoying noise into Roseanne's bedroom to make her get out of bed. Leon says something to the effect of, "One choice there -- Tori Amos."

Supposedly, Roseanne's a Tori fan and listened to her music a lot on the set.
rdaughe966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:46 AM   #37
Montanya427
Frequent Poster

Lets see what I can remember...

The second Becky was on the show when they go to Disney and Roseanne tells her "are't you glad you're here this week

The original Becky returns in season 8 and everyone is asking where she has been

In an earlier episode, Roseanne tells Jackie that its 9' (or Jackie told Roseanne ?) and the other replies oh I love that show Jackie something, (that was a reference to Tom Arnolds show) and Roseanne says yeah I missed it last week (cause she was on the show the previos week)

That chicken shirt was worn by all the cast at various times

The imitation of Patty Duke done by both Becky's at the end of one show mocking The Patty Duke Show

The comments made about the second Darrin from Betwitched

Jackie dressed as Marcia Clark and Roseanne offered her something to eat and cut it with a bloody knife and suggested she found it in Chicago, and when Darlene had a shorter haircut she made a statement about her getting her hair cut like Marcia Clark

In season 9 Roseanne dressed and acted like the Nanny Fran Dresher, and in a later season made a reference to Friends (mind you it was not a plug for the show)
Montanya427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:24 PM   #38
Beyotch Knowles
Frequent Poster

When Roseanne and Dan win the lottery and talk about their plans, Roseanne says to Dan something like "First I'm gonna drop you for a parasitic pig and then I'm gonna hook up with a young, buff guy."

Similar to the way Roseanne went from spouses in real life.
Beyotch Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 05:00 PM   #39
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

I just watched an episode of Roseanne about a week ago, and realized I was wrong about something. I said in this thread that a guy asked Dan who the maker of his kitchen table was, and Dan said Garvin Eddy. The guys' actual question was: who designed your kitchen, not who made your kitchen table. Also, I said Garvin Eddy was a Producer for the show, but in reality, he was the shows set designer. I never really understood the joke, but now, knowing he was the shows set designer, it makes sense. Anyway, I just thought I'd clear that up.
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Brad Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:49 PM   #40
sniffmagikmarkrs
meant to be
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to sniffmagikmarkrs

Quote:
Originally posted by db108108
I remember that tag.

At the beginning of the third season, the first episode, Roseanne walsk into the kitchen and says "It's such a beautiful. I just makes me want to sing!" Of course, the audience got the joke. That's the only reference to the singing I can remember.

There's the chicken shirt, which in the last episode of the 5th season everybody wore. It was introduced in the second season during the muscial episode in which Roseanne is put on trial for killing her family. Becky wears the shirt, if you'll notice. Everybody on the set just thought the shirt was so hideously ugly that they couldn't not include it.

There was also the inside jokes about the two Becky's which is discussed at length on this board.
yeah i noticed the shirt one and the becky jokes about the different beckys
sniffmagikmarkrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:59 PM   #41
sniffmagikmarkrs
meant to be
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to sniffmagikmarkrs

Quote:
Originally posted by db108108
Roseanne said that it was a piece of fan mial that they liked, so they stuck it on the fridge
yeah i was wondering about that too.....thanks for answering....that's really sweet, i wonder if whoever sent that in saw it on the fridge
sniffmagikmarkrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #42
db108108
Teacher (for now)

Beyoctch- I noticed that too an that's why I stick by the theory that the final season of Roseanne was about the actress and her life since hitting it big, not about the character. It was sort of autobiographical. The the spa episode (Roseanne's surgerys), the tabloid episode, the wrestling with Jackie (like Tom & Roseanne), Roseambo (like Roseanne took on Hollywood and championed feminism- at least in her mind), ect.

The quote about Jackie Thomas came at the end of the episode where Jackie and Roseanne's father dies, my favorite episode of the series.

Jackie: Do you want to watch tv?"
Roseanne: "God yes, what's on?"
Jaclkie- "Hey, it's 9:30, that Jackie show is on. Did you see the one last week where he had that stalker?"
Roseanne- "No, I didn't see that one."

The joke kind of gets lost now because The Jackie Thomas show is an afterthought at this point, but it was pretty funny at the time.
db108108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:36 AM   #43
dl72190
Frequent Poster

Seeing how the First name only credits was mentioned, I can't wait till Season 7 is released, so I can actually see them listed as Roseane, John, Laurie, Sara, Sarah, Micheal, etc. Did the Arquette credits actually make it into syndication? It also would have been funny , if when roseanne barr, went to Roseanne Arnold, if the entire cast would have had the last name Arnold for that episode.

"In the end its not about what you have, in the end its about where you wanna go, and the roads you take to help you get there" ADTR
dl72190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:00 AM   #44
Jason16
Roseanne Fan.
Frequent Poster

Dont forget the "Roseanne Barr, Pentland, Arnold, Thomas" over Roseanne's picture on the credits for the season 9 opener.
Jason16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #45
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Roseanne showed her political affiliation when they showed her sitting on her couch reading Al Franken's book.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote