Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Could a Looming Strike Shut Down TV Production?; GAC Family Acquires Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Silver Spoons, and More
Dickinson Final Season Date Announced; Superstar: Robin Williams to Air Next Week (Oct. 20)
Antenna TV's Bewitched 24-Hour Halloween Marathon; Rewind TV's Sabrina Witch-O-Ween Marathon
Head of the Class Reboot Premieres Nov. 4, Guest Stars Robin Givens; The Bear Coming to FX
CBS Picks Up First 2 New Series for Full Seasons; On My Block Spinoff Series Cast Set
Netflix Orders That '90s Show Featuring Red and Kitty; Nash Bridges Movie Premieres Nov. 27 on USA Network
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 11, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-October)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #166
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Great thread! Thanks to all the contributors!
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #167
undertakeress
Frequent Poster

Very awesome pics.

I will try to get pics of a cop shooting featured from Lee County VA. My dad lives right near there and I will be there over Thanksgiving.

Dynoguy - great job..plus we're neighbors. I live in L.P.
undertakeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #168
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

LUCIE TURMEL (Killed May 17, 1990)

This is another example of a horrible crime taking place in a beautiful location. The resort town of Banff in Alberta, Canada where Lucie was murdered is quite a sight with the Canadian Rocky Mountains in the background.

This is the Banff Springs Hotel on Spray Avenue where Lucie picked up her last fare at 1:45 a.m. Two girls and her eventual killer, Ryan Love, entered the taxi and then Lucie drove off.

An article I read online stated that Ryan Love had, up until recently, worked at the hotel as a housekeeper before the murder but was eventually fired. Lucie had worked there for a while the previous year.

As far as the actual attack is concerned, I assume the 2 girls were dropped off at their location and then with Ryan alone in the taxi with Lucie, he made his move. This is Squirrel Street where the murder happened. Lucie's body was left in the middle of the road.

An autopsy showed that Ryan began to attack her with his knife while she was still in the taxi. Lucie was able to escape the initial attack, running from the taxi, but Love chased her down and stabbed her 17 more times in the neck before leaving her for dead and stealing her cab. I still can't believe he's about to be a free man.

One more interesting note is that Nigel Patterson, the police officer who later tracked down Ryan Love and was interviewed in the UM segment, actually lived on Squirrel Street where the murder happened. He was just a block away asleep in his bed when everything went down.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #169
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Didn't know this thread existed. Great work to all involved. Can anyone find me the beauty salon where Dana Satterfield worked and was found murdered in?
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #170
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Not positive, but I think Dana's beauty salon was in a trailer converted for that purpose. Seems like I read that it's no longer there. Anyone else remember that or am I mistaken?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #171
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

I think these are photos of Tommy Burkett's house and neighborhood, on Bing Maps. Is this the right place?
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #172
1990 UM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Not positive, but I think Dana's beauty salon was in a trailer converted for that purpose. Seems like I read that it's no longer there. Anyone else remember that or am I mistaken?
I tried looking for it but the highway where it's at is such a long stretch I don't know where to find it.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #173
1990 UM fan

I think I found the apartment complex where Jodi Huisentruit lived and was abducted from but it won't let me look at it from street view, only from above.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #174
undertakeress
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
ALSO, WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT A STICKY YET?

HERE IS A TOUGH ONE, JUST HAD TO LITERALLY TRY HIT AND MISS IN THE CITY OF YPSILANTI, MICHIGAN, BUT WAS ABLE TO TRACK THIS ONE DOWN!

THE REAL ESTATE OFFICE OF JACK BROWN...LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT, BUT THIS IS IT!

Drove by this the other day leaving school and I did a double take!!!
undertakeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #175
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

I put this is the Kurt Sova thread but I thought it should be here too since it gives a better view of everything related to the case.

Bing Maps birds eye view:

In the upper right hand corner, I labeled and circled the duplex. J.L. Goodman Furniture and the ravine where Kurt's body was found are also labeled. Finally, to the far left of the picture, you'll see a street called Washington Park Blvd. That is where Angeline Reddicks looked out the window of her house and saw 2 males carrying an unconscious teenage boy into the ravine the day before Kurt's body was found. That's certainly a strange and long route to take to dump the body in the ravine. And it's in plain sight of so many homes.

dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #176
pinksparkles18
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I think I found the apartment complex where Jodi Huisentruit lived and was abducted from but it won't let me look at it from street view, only from above.
Yeah same here. The best I could find were these (sorry it's just the links, my photo hosting is acting up right now)

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/1...F0D71549__.jpg

http://www.pawplaces.net/apartment_images/49508.jpg
pinksparkles18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #177
1990 UM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles18
Yeah same here. The best I could find were these (sorry it's just the links, my photo hosting is acting up right now)

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/1...F0D71549__.jpg

http://www.pawplaces.net/apartment_images/49508.jpg
I can see them. Not bad of a view.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #178
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Big thank-you to everyone for their efforts, really amazing how the scenes of these crimes have changes over the years and how some have stayed almost the same.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #179
Hambone2421

Does anyone know the location of Eric Tamiyasu's home where his body was found and if so, can you post a picture of it on here? Thanks!
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #180
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Does anyone know the location of Eric Tamiyasu's home where his body was found and if so, can you post a picture of it on here? Thanks!
The best you could do is to locate the orchard. I had a hard time finding it as there are a lot of trees and private dirt roads.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote