Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-31-2002, 11:14 PM   #226
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump

Quote:
Originally posted by FonzForever
Ok, now just as me. When you have talent (and you do) you should always try to pursue it. While I can't elaborate too much (some things have to stay private) believe me, I know this to be a fact. I have a website which is starting to do well after two years of endless work.
The point? know exactly what is like to have a gift, that goes used. Until I started doing this site, I was miserable most of the time. When you have a lot fo creativity in you, be it writing or elsewhere, just the average job/life won' t do.

Fonzforever,

That is a very kind compliment, thank you. What is your website?

I have a cousin who has a cousin who lives in Nashville, TN. He went out there right out of high school because he had a dream of becoming a singer. Sure, he struggled for a while, but he is now a producer for Sony Record Company and has quite a nice life. He worked with celebrities like LeeAnn Womack before she even became a celebrity. I had a drama teacher in high school, who when she was young used to be in play productions in NYC. She was one of my favorite teachers, she was so inspiring. She took me under her wing and became my mentor. And this was during my "ugly duckling" period where I hated myself and had no self confidence whatsoever. I swear, I saw some of her publicity shots when she was young, and she could have easily passed for Marylin Monroe-- she was that beautiful. I just have always been fascinated with these people who were detemrined enough to go against the odds and follow their dreams.

But, at times I feel so ungrateful. I mean, I have an awesome family, wonderful friends, comfortable job......so much that I should be thankful for. I feel like I should be happy with what I have, and I am, but I keep wondering if there's more. But, I'm also afraid that if I go to NY and fail, what will happen then? Right now, I live with my parents so I really don't have to worry about paying bills. Can I find enough work to earn enough money to cover rent, food, and utilities? Will I be able to find a decent apartment?
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 11:50 PM   #227
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

Fonzforever,

That is a very kind compliment, thank you. What is your website?

I have a cousin who has a cousin who lives in Nashville, TN. He went out there right out of high school because he had a dream of becoming a singer. Sure, he struggled for a while, but he is now a producer for Sony Record Company and has quite a nice life. He worked with celebrities like LeeAnn Womack before she even became a celebrity. I had a drama teacher in high school, who when she was young used to be in play productions in NYC. She was one of my favorite teachers, she was so inspiring. She took me under her wing and became my mentor. And this was during my "ugly duckling" period where I hated myself and had no self confidence whatsoever. I swear, I saw some of her publicity shots when she was young, and she could have easily passed for Marylin Monroe-- she was that beautiful. I just have always been fascinated with these people who were detemrined enough to go against the odds and follow their dreams.

But, at times I feel so ungrateful. I mean, I have an awesome family, wonderful friends, comfortable job......so much that I should be thankful for. I feel like I should be happy with what I have, and I am, but I keep wondering if there's more. But, I'm also afraid that if I go to NY and fail, what will happen then? Right now, I live with my parents so I really don't have to worry about paying bills. Can I find enough work to earn enough money to cover rent, food, and utilities? Will I be able to find a decent apartment?
Why feel ungrateful? I have much of the same. But people ALWAYS forget one thing. When you get up in the morning,
the only person in the mirror is yourself. If you're not happy, it's nice having family and such around, but if they can't help/change your situation, it isn't enough.
Not everyone wants to live the day to day average life, even if it is a good one. If you fail, (and you should NEVER think that!) but is it doesn't work out, you can go back home, with your head held high, knowing that you tried. You'll never have to say "what if?" It is very nice to be w/friends but the reality is as they grow up they'll either move away also, or as you describe it get married and have less time than they did before.
I can't tell you what my site is, but I can tell you about it and also relate something. My site is basically models/actresses , all 100% cleared by the girls or their reps.
It's almost a storyline in of it itself in that everyone on the site comprises a team.
There is a common theme with these girls. Each and every one packed up and moved from their hometown to pursue their dream. Sorry I can't tell you the site, but the problem is it's geared towards guys. Classy, in good taste, but geared towards guys nonetheless. Think Maxim/Stuff/Playboy I don't want to take the chance of possibly lowering yours or anyone's opinion of me.
As far as a living situation in NY, there are always lot so people looking for roomies. It sounds like you have an exceptional work record, and good help is always hard to find.
It would be tough no doubt. Working & going to NYU
but if you want this as badly as I think you do I bet you're up to the challenge.

Last edited by FonzForever; 12-31-2002 at 11:52 PM.
FonzForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:19 AM   #228
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Well, I just started the process of applying to NYU. There's a chance I won't even be accepted, so we'll start with that. I guess it would never hurt to apply. All they can do is say, "Sorry, you're not good enough." And, then, I'll know. If I do get accepted, and can figure out how to pay for everything, then maybe....just maybe, I'll attempt to pursue that dream. Thanks, everyone, for all the advice.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:19 AM   #229
White_Daisy
blank

Send a message via AIM to White_Daisy Send a message via Yahoo to White_Daisy

Quote:

WD, that is such beautiful and inspiring advice. Thank you for the compliments, they were so kind. I keep telling myself the same thing-- to just go out and try. There's an old saying that someone I knew used to say all the time, "If you shoot for the moon and miss, at least you fall somewhere among the stars." It refers to not being afraid to set your hopes and dreams too high, because even if you don't reach them you are going to make a difference just by trying.
I think things are going to work out for you. I'm not saying this to make you feel better, I'm saying this because I think you have a lot of talent and you can really put it to use in the City. Just a bit of advice, if you end up on Park Avenue and you meet some foreign woman who calls you a "sweet sweetiepie" and she has three men on each arm, run away!!! She's Josh's aunt, very popular (so I hear) and very scary!! She told me things about her I DID NOT WANT TO HEAR! Stay away from Park Avenue, they're just so useless over there. Sorry to anyone who lives there! and stay away from Greenwich, you'll meet all the married women who used to live on Park and they haven't changed at all. And stay away from...oh what am i doing? You need to go there and see it for yourself, and I think you will!
</center>
<center>http://www.obeygiant.com/stickers/bo...happy-days.gif</center>
<center>They Call it Potsie Love</center>
<center>http://www.tvlinksonline.com/boards/...&postid=549343</center>
<center>Warren "Potsie" Webber</center>
<center>
To me, Fonzie is what everyone wants to be, Richie is kind of what everyone wants her son to be. And Potsie, I think, is what everyone is
- Anson Williams
</center>
White_Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 10:14 PM   #230
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Dear Fonzie,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I hope you are not too upset with my falling head over heels for Ralph. How is your relationship with CamQueen working out? I have a feeling that she is keeping you occupied....IF you know what I mean. And I'm sure you do!

Signed,
CollegeGirl
Old 01-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #231
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Dear Fonzie,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I hope you are not too upset with my falling head over heels for Ralph. How is your relationship with CamQueen working out? I have a feeling that she is keeping you occupied....IF you know what I mean. And I'm sure you do!

Signed,
CollegeGirl
AYYYYYYYY, CG you of all of people should now that The Fonz is a gentleman and gentlemen NEVER tell. Whoa!
-Fonzie
Old 01-05-2003, 12:35 PM   #232
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Awwwwww, but Fonz....*pouts*
Old 01-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #233
White_Daisy
blank

Send a message via AIM to White_Daisy Send a message via Yahoo to White_Daisy

Quote:
How can you resist a face like that? Tell us!
White_Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #234
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:

AAYYYYY, now you would you like it, if I told every Tom, Dick & Potsie what happened on OUR dates? I bet you wouldn't think that was very cool. The Fonz has made his point.
Whoa!
-Fonzie
Old 01-05-2003, 12:59 PM   #235
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by White_Daisy

How can you resist a face like that? Tell us!

Dear Fonzie,

Help! I'm trying to put the moves on CG, but all she thinks about is you. How do I get her to move past you and realize that I'm the guy of her dreams. After all, it's not healthy for a guy's new chick to still be obsessed with another guy. I've tried everything, Fonz. Water pistol in a bouquet of flowers, trick candy....I even ran through Inspiration Point naked. She says she's over you, but I think she's just trying to spare my feelings. I'm starting to run out of ideas! I know she has a huge crush on me-- after all, I AM irresistible! But, I just need to get her mind off of you.

Maybe you can have one of your famous "talks" with her.

~Ralph Malph
Old 01-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #236
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:

AAYYYYY, now you would you like it, if I told every Tom, Dick & Potsie what happened on OUR dates? I bet you wouldn't think that was very cool. The Fonz has made his point.
Whoa!
-Fonzie

Aha! Just as I suspected! You took Potsie on your date with you, right? Or...maybe you dated Potsie instead? Or, you met up with Potsie on your date and.....and...... *sighs* I'm running out of ideas.

Can you at least tell me where you went on your date? I followed you as far as Arnold's but then, well.....an oncoming roller skater knocked me into Arnold's Chicken Stand and I lost you.

~CollegeGirl
Old 01-05-2003, 01:39 PM   #237
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:

Aha! Just as I suspected! You took Potsie on your date with you, right? Or...maybe you dated Potsie instead? Or, you met up with Potsie on your date and.....and...... *sighs* I'm running out of ideas.

Can you at least tell me where you went on your date? I followed you as far as Arnold's but then, well.....an oncoming roller skater knocked me into Arnold's Chicken Stand and I lost you.

~CollegeGirl
CG, relax yourself. We had anice simple date and I took her to meet the C's. That's it. Let me tell you, I am killing my reputation for you! Ayyy, why don't you just have some fun with Malph. That kid is never going to get another chance to be with someone as special as you.
-Fonzie
Old 01-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #238
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
CG, relax yourself. We had anice simple date and I took her to meet the C's. That's it. Let me tell you, I am killing my reputation for you!
Ha! I saw you taking her shirt off right in front of Mr. and Mrs. C right before that limb outside your window broke and......*suddenly turns red* Oh dear, I've said too much. Nevermind, I don't know what I was talking about. What's that? You want to know how I knew what happened? Ummm...well....*stalling*......I have the tendency to sleepwalk, and well, sometimes......*looks nervously around the room* So, where's the nearest exit?

Quote:
Ayyy, why don't you just have some fun with Malph. That kid is never going to get another chance to be with someone as special as you.
-Fonzie

You'd be proud of me Fonzie. I decided to make Ralph a hero. I just sent him out into the busy streets in search of TheFonz and your own best friend, Richie Cunningham. After a week with me, I'll have that boy whipped into shape!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #239
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:

Dear Fonzie,

Help! I'm trying to put the moves on CG, but all she thinks about is you. How do I get her to move past you and realize that I'm the guy of her dreams. After all, it's not healthy for a guy's new chick to still be obsessed with another guy. I've tried everything, Fonz. Water pistol in a bouquet of flowers, trick candy....I even ran through Inspiration Point naked. She says she's over you, but I think she's just trying to spare my feelings. I'm starting to run out of ideas! I know she has a huge crush on me-- after all, I AM irresistible! But, I just need to get her mind off of you.

Maybe you can have one of your famous "talks" with her.

~Ralph Malph
Malph,
ARE YOU NUTSO! Trying to put the moves on The Fonz's only six-star girl? Why do you just "Dear Fonzie,
I think I've lived long enough."It's the same thing! (calms)
Alright, alright, it's just for a week, Malph. You're getting a VERY special opportunity. CG is very a bright girl. Try taking her to the museum. She likes that kind of stuff. Have fun, but not THAT MUCH fun!
-Fonzie
Old 01-05-2003, 07:05 PM   #240
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:

Ha! I saw you taking her shirt off right in front of Mr. and Mrs. C right before that limb outside your window broke and......*suddenly turns red* Oh dear, I've said too much. Nevermind, I don't know what I was talking about. What's that? You want to know how I knew what happened? Ummm...well....*stalling*......I have the tendency to sleepwalk, and well, sometimes......*looks nervously around the room* So, where's the nearest exit?
Whoaaaaaa...CG we need to have a convo. I know you're madly in the love with The Fonz. I can dig that. But you're forgetting about someone. Danny? Remember him? I want Danny to have a GREAT Mom. You have all the qualities, but this "sleepwalking" as you call it sets a bad example for the kid.
You know The Fonz is true to you, so cool it. This week w/Ralph you could really make a difference. Malph never been with a girl, that has your kind of smarts. You can make a big change in his life. Now, go make me proud.
-Fonzie