Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-27-2002, 12:00 AM   #211
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump

Quote:
Originally posted by White_Daisy

Your imagination works well with the Fonz!

WD,

Thank you!

You should ask him about the very first time we met. That is, IF he remembers it! The story will have you rolling with laughter. Let's just say, it started out with me standing in the parking lot and him threatening to run me over with his motorcycle-- a VERY interesting story!

~CollegeGirl
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 05:36 PM   #212
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Last edited by CollegeGirl; 12-28-2002 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:18 AM   #213
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Ok, I'm back. Bring on the questions for The Fonz!
FonzForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #214
*Melissa*
Slayer Faith

Dear Fonzie,

There's this guy I see in Arnold's that I think I'm in love with! He's a redhead. and he's friends with Richie Cunningham and Potsie Webber. Maybe you know who I'm talking about? He's a funny, funny man, but I don't think he'd find me very interesting. How can I get him to notice and like me?

Signed,

Miserable in Milwaukee
*Melissa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #215
White_Daisy
blank

Send a message via AIM to White_Daisy Send a message via Yahoo to White_Daisy

Dear Fonzie,
The girls romantically attached to the Happy Days males see a predicament. All the guys seem to have been set up with us save for a few. But what about their exgirlfriends on the show? Jennifer came crawling around for Potsie and I'm sick of it. Can you find men for them so they'll leave our guys alone?
Signed
Unsigned
</center>
<center>http://www.obeygiant.com/stickers/bo...happy-days.gif</center>
<center>They Call it Potsie Love</center>
<center>http://www.tvlinksonline.com/boards/...&postid=549343</center>
<center>Warren "Potsie" Webber</center>
<center>
To me, Fonzie is what everyone wants to be, Richie is kind of what everyone wants her son to be. And Potsie, I think, is what everyone is
- Anson Williams
</center>
White_Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #216
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

OK, I actually have a serious question. This is an idea that I've been batting around with for a while, have talked to people and gotten opinions from people who believe both sides of the situation. But, I'd love to get Fonz' s perspective.

I am currently working at a rather prestigious child care facility. It is a rewarding job, even though it can tend to overwhelm me at times. I have lots of work, and the pay and benefits are nice. And as soon as I finish my degree, I am practically guaranteed to be able to move up to management level. The downside is that I am stuck living in a rural, aggricultural community where it seems the only thing people look forward to is marrying and having kids. I no longer have any single friends. And the fact that they are married/engaged really changes our friendships. I want to travel, and lead an exciting lifestyle. I want to be able to pick up at a moment's notice and do something fun. I want my independence. I really want to move to NY and attend NYU. I want to become a writer. I've only dreamed of being a writer since I was 10 or so. Though, the competetion is crazy and I really know that I'm not as talented as so many people out there are. But, then, a nagging feeling asks me how I will ever know whether or not I would make it if I don't even try. I guess I'm dissatisfied with my life, and I can't figure out why.

What should I do Fonzie?

Signed,
Utterly Confused
Old 12-31-2002, 03:22 PM   #217
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayer Faith
Dear Fonzie,

There's this guy I see in Arnold's that I think I'm in love with! He's a redhead. and he's friends with Richie Cunningham and Potsie Webber. Maybe you know who I'm talking about? He's a funny, funny man, but I don't think he'd find me very interesting. How can I get him to notice and like me?

Signed,

Miserable in Milwaukee
Dear Miserable,
I know the guy, this is easy! Just get yourself a pair of those weird glasses...what are they? Ya know the ones with the slinkys coming out them. Just appraoch this guy wearing those. Yeah, it'll show him you have the same sense of humor. Trust me, this guy will tell enough jokes for BOTH of you, Whoaaaa..
-Fonzie
Old 12-31-2002, 03:27 PM   #218
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Dear Fonzie,
The girls romantically attached to the Happy Days males see a predicament. All the guys seem to have been set up with us save for a few. But what about their exgirlfriends on the show? Jennifer came crawling around for Potsie and I'm sick of it. Can you find men for them so they'll leave our guys alone?
Signed
Unsigned
AYYYYYYYYY, The Fonz doesn't set chicks up with guys! Unsigned, you gotta let Jennifer know that YOU are Potsie's girl and proud of it. Well, maybe just that you're his girl, you don't gotta go too far. Be easy on these chicks. Need I remind you, it was only a short time ago, YOU were the one looking for love. Dig it?
-Fonzie
Old 12-31-2002, 03:38 PM   #219
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

Fonzie.. LB wont go away!! Shes even THREATENED me!! Ill bop her! LOl

Thank you Fonzie.. for the advice!

*gasp* CG and Fonzies first...fight? Nahhhh!

Last edited by ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤; 12-31-2002 at 03:39 PM.
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:45 PM   #220
White_Daisy
blank

Send a message via AIM to White_Daisy Send a message via Yahoo to White_Daisy

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl
OK, I actually have a serious question. This is an idea that I've been batting around with for a while, have talked to people and gotten opinions from people who believe both sides of the situation. But, I'd love to get Fonz' s perspective.

I am currently working at a rather prestigious child care facility. It is a rewarding job, even though it can tend to overwhelm me at times. I have lots of work, and the pay and benefits are nice. And as soon as I finish my degree, I am practically guaranteed to be able to move up to management level. The downside is that I am stuck living in a rural, aggricultural community where it seems the only thing people look forward to is marrying and having kids. I no longer have any single friends. And the fact that they are married/engaged really changes our friendships. I want to travel, and lead an exciting lifestyle. I want to be able to pick up at a moment's notice and do something fun. I want my independence. I really want to move to NY and attend NYU. I want to become a writer. I've only dreamed of being a writer since I was 10 or so. Though, the competetion is crazy and I really know that I'm not as talented as so many people out there are. But, then, a nagging feeling asks me how I will ever know whether or not I would make it if I don't even try. I guess I'm dissatisfied with my life, and I can't figure out why.

What should I do Fonzie?

Signed,
Utterly Confused
I know this isn't Fonzie responding...I think that this is a really big decision to make and you should be commended for taking on such a responsibility. Now as for moving to NY, I think you can never really say how talented you are, it's for other people to say. And from the writing you've done on the board, I think you are an amazingly talented and gifted writer. Now if you can write Happy Days scripts that good, I know you can write novels even better. And there's competition in every job field. Some of it is just more publicized than others. Competition is what makes things work. If you try to be better than everyone else, then you're making a difference. And finally, there's chance and believing in your dreams. So Chachi didn't become a famous singer, he went out there and tried. You'll never know how well you can do unless you try. Where would we be if no one in the world was willing to take a chance?
White_Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 03:51 PM   #221
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

What should I do Fonzie?

Signed,
Utterly Confused
Dear Confused,
I'm glad you came to The Fonz.
A lot of people go through what you're going through. You said it yourself, you'll never know if you don't try. Sure you could take the safe path. But will you be satisfied? You sound like a small town person who aint into small town life, I can dig that. You're young, now's the time to go for it! Get out there. See what life has to offer. It sounds like you work very hard. I can dig that. You're right, there are a lot of writers out there. My friend Richie is one as matter of fact. He followed his dream, he moved to California, and let me tell you, he is doing fabamundo! If you work as hard at NYU as you do at your job know, if you put that work into being a great writer, then the sky's the limit! Also, Roger informs me that people who marry too young usually get divorced. AY, divorce aint cool! Roger also informs me that people the reason is usally that one of both of the not so happily married couple feel they missed out on things. Ayyyyyy, everyone's gotta get a chance to sew their wild oats!
-Fonzie
Old 12-31-2002, 04:11 PM   #222
FonzForever
A classic
Forum Regular

Ok, now just as me. When you have talent (and you do) you should always try to pursue it. While I can't elaborate too much (some things have to stay private) believe me, I know this to be a fact. I have a website which is starting to do well after two years of endless work.
The point? know exactly what is like to have a gift, that goes used. Until I started doing this site, I was miserable most of the time. When you have a lot fo creativity in you, be it writing or elsewhere, just the average job/life won' t do.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:42 PM   #223
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by FonzForever

Dear Miserable,
I know the guy, this is easy! Just get yourself a pair of those weird glasses...what are they? Ya know the ones with the slinkys coming out them. Just appraoch this guy wearing those. Yeah, it'll show him you have the same sense of humor. Trust me, this guy will tell enough jokes for BOTH of you, Whoaaaa..
-Fonzie

Fonzie, Sweetheart, I uummmm.....sorta already fixed Ralph up with CameraQueen. As soon as she finds out you're sending another chick to Ralph, she's going to cut off my head and serve it to you on a silver platter. *quickly packs up her stuff* I'm moving! I have no idea where I'm going or when I'll be back!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:48 PM   #224
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:

I know this isn't Fonzie responding...I think that this is a really big decision to make and you should be commended for taking on such a responsibility. Now as for moving to NY, I think you can never really say how talented you are, it's for other people to say. And from the writing you've done on the board, I think you are an amazingly talented and gifted writer. Now if you can write Happy Days scripts that good, I know you can write novels even better. And there's competition in every job field. Some of it is just more publicized than others. Competition is what makes things work. If you try to be better than everyone else, then you're making a difference. And finally, there's chance and believing in your dreams. So Chachi didn't become a famous singer, he went out there and tried. You'll never know how well you can do unless you try. Where would we be if no one in the world was willing to take a chance?

WD, that is such beautiful and inspiring advice. Thank you for the compliments, they were so kind. I keep telling myself the same thing-- to just go out and try. There's an old saying that someone I knew used to say all the time, "If you shoot for the moon and miss, at least you fall somewhere among the stars." It refers to not being afraid to set your hopes and dreams too high, because even if you don't reach them you are going to make a difference just by trying.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:58 PM   #225
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by FonzForever

Dear Confused,
I'm glad you came to The Fonz.
A lot of people go through what you're going through. You said it yourself, you'll never know if you don't try. Sure you could take the safe path. But will you be satisfied? You sound like a small town person who aint into small town life, I can dig that. You're young, now's the time to go for it! Get out there. See what life has to offer. It sounds like you work very hard. I can dig that. You're right, there are a lot of writers out there. My friend Richie is one as matter of fact. He followed his dream, he moved to California, and let me tell you, he is doing fabamundo! If you work as hard at NYU as you do at your job know, if you put that work into being a great writer, then the sky's the limit! Also, Roger informs me that people who marry too young usually get divorced. AY, divorce aint cool! Roger also informs me that people the reason is usally that one of both of the not so happily married couple feel they missed out on things. Ayyyyyy, everyone's gotta get a chance to sew their wild oats!
-Fonzie

Fonzie,

But do you honestly believe that a girl born and raised as a small town girl can become a big city girl? And it is very difficult to pack up and leave all my friends and family. To set off on a new life, in a completely different environment, and not even know if I could make it is a tad scary. Though, I guess all the great people only made it because they were brave enough to go out there even though they were scared to try. I remember when I was a kid in school and we studied famous presidents, musicians, and performers. I was always in such awe over how these people took such huge risks to go out into the world and try their hand at greatness. I was impressed with their determination. They knew there was a chance they'd fail, but they didn't want to go on with the rest of their lives never knowing what would have happened had they only tried.

Signed,
Utterly Confused