Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-01-2015, 06:31 AM   #76
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Why I Am Cait’s focus on clothes is so important to Caitlyn Jenner's transgender nar

http://www.styleite.com/features/why...rative-matter/

"To say that Caitlyn is a fashion icon after watching the first episode of I Am Cait is far too simplistic,” says Eliza Dillard. "To criticize the emphasis on clothing in the episode is ignorant. This entire episode revolves around clothes because our identities are so bound up in what we put on our bodies.” PLUS: Caitlyn Jenner has final say on what goes on her show.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #77
Planet Claire
Frequent Poster

Just another reality show that I will not be tuning into.
Planet Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #78
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Claire
Just another reality show that I will not be tuning into.

I've watched it. I like reality shows and I am a Kardashian fan (not so much a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner fan) , though but I tuned in!

Well I don't mean to be politically incorrect, to each there own and I have nothing against transgender people. My take on this is he is too old to be just now doing it! It was strange seeing him as a woman explaining things to his 88 year old mother. And as Scott Disick was saying, he has no idea what he is going to tell his 5 year old son Mason, when he asks where "Grand pa" is? It was odd.

And Caitlyn is so big. Her hands are huge and with red nail polish on and the way she walks! It really reminded me of Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in drag in the movie 'Some like it hot" ! It's hard to take it seriously, her face looks pretty good though!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #79
Planet Claire
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I've watched it. I like reality shows and I am a Kardashian fan (not so much a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner fan) , though but I tuned in!

Well I don't mean to be politically incorrect, to each there own and I have nothing against transgender people. My take on this is he is too old to be just now doing it! It was strange seeing him as a woman explaining things to his 88 year old mother. And as Scott Disick was saying, he has no idea what he is going to tell his 5 year old son Mason, when he asks where "Grand pa" is? It was odd.

And Caitlyn is so big. Her hands are huge and with red nail polish on and the way she walks! It really reminded me of Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in drag in the movie 'Some like it hot" ! It's hard to take it seriously, her face looks pretty good though!
I certainly am not a reality show fan, but I have no problem at all with Bruce Jenner become Caitlyn Jenner if that makes him feel a better person. I just don't see the need for a show to go along with it. The same thing goes for the Kardashian's in my book. I have no problem with them being extremely rich, but does that mean they should have a show about there life? I don't think it is necessary at all. The other reality shows like Survivor, The Bachelor, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, and The Voice I guess are a little better because they are more a competition.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #80
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I certainly am not a reality show fan, but I have no problem at all with Bruce Jenner become Caitlyn Jenner if that makes him feel a better person. I just don't see the need for a show to go along with it. The same thing goes for the Kardashian's in my book. I have no problem with them being extremely rich, but does that mean they should have a show about there life? I don't think it is necessary at all. The other reality shows like Survivor, The Bachelor, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, and The Voice I guess are a little better because they are more a competition.
I must admit. I am! I get a kick out of people who don't mind making total fools of themselves by having every aspect of their lives in the spotlight for the whole world to see !! Although a lot of it is scripted!

I love the Kardashians (but not as much as before, it's been played out now) ! I loved Breaking and Return to Amish and my favorite which always had me ROFL was Welcome to Myrtle Manor!

I watched I am Cait last night and was laughing too, she took a road trip with a bunch of other transgender women. It was a hoot!
Old 08-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #81
Planet Claire
Frequent Poster

I guess the turn off to reality shows for me happened with the whole Paris Hilton & Nicole Ritchie thing. They were so not the best role models for kids who were watching the shows. The same really goes for the Kardashians, there lifestyle is certainly not role model material for these kids who watch it today. I guess being a High School History teacher for many years and working with teens I have a soft spot for what a good role model should be.

I have watched Return to Amish before mostly because I am fascinated with there culture and who they are then anything. I thought it was a pretty interesting show.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #82
Wawwie

Quote:
He still sounds very much like a man. It's even more apparent when he's talking while off the camera. It sounds just like a man. Plus, he still walks like a man and carries himself like a man. You're right, Bonnie.... he is HUGE compared to biological women. But if Bruce/Caitlyn enjoys being a transgender woman I hope he is happy.
Wawwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #83
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
He still sounds very much like a man. It's even more apparent when he's talking while off the camera. It sounds just like a man. Plus, he still walks like a man and carries himself like a man. You're right, Bonnie.... he is HUGE compared to biological women. But if Bruce/Caitlyn enjoys being a transgender woman I hope he is happy.
Yeah he really still sounds like a man and walks like a man! And when he was Bruce, to me he never seemed like he had THAT deep of a voice, and I never really noticed how he walked, cause he walked like every other guy does! ( You know like how some people male/and female have a distinct walk, and other people just have a run of the mill type walk? If I'm making any sense? ) And he's 6'2', so he was a tall guy , but not THAT tall like a basketball player is. He REALLY seems taller and bigger in the body as a woman then he did as a man!

But like you said, if that makes him happy, that is fine. And he's a good person. Has the same heart and soul either if he's a man or woman. He always was a good father, stepfather and a good Grand parent to Mason and Little Penelope , even though they weren't his biological grand children!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #84
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I guess the turn off to reality shows for me happened with the whole Paris Hilton & Nicole Ritchie thing. They were so not the best role models for kids who were watching the shows. The same really goes for the Kardashians, there lifestyle is certainly not role model material for these kids who watch it today. I guess being a High School History teacher for many years and working with teens I have a soft spot for what a good role model should be.

I have watched Return to Amish before mostly because I am fascinated with there culture and who they are then anything. I thought it was a pretty interesting show.

Yeah I think the Paris Hilton- Nicole Ritchie reality show was one of the first!

I like the Amish culture too! I'm from Pa . and went on school trips to Lancaster and driving through Pa. seeing little Amish towns off the highway with them riding their horse and buggies. I always thought their culture was very interesting. So, I really liked their show!

Some of the stuff on reality shows such as the Kardashian's is nice though, not all mud slinging and trashy. When they feature Kourtney's children it is really sweet. They are really nice well behaved little children. And seeing Mason from an infant to a five year old is sweet!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #85
Planet Claire
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah I think the Paris Hilton- Nicole Ritchie reality show was one of the first!

I like the Amish culture too! I'm from Pa . and went on school trips to Lancaster and driving through Pa. seeing little Amish towns off the highway with them riding their horse and buggies. I always thought their culture was very interesting. So, I really liked their show!

Some of the stuff on reality shows such as the Kardashian's is nice though, not all mud slinging and trashy. When they feature Kourtney's children it is really sweet. They are really nice well behaved little children. And seeing Mason from an infant to a five year old is sweet!
I live about 1 hour South of Lancaster, PA. and we have taken many vacations to the Amish Country and even day trips as well. When my daughter was younger we would go up there to the Amish Farmers Markets and buy meats and other things and put them in ice coolers and drive home. There Meats, Pies, and Eggs are fantastic.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #86
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I live about 1 hour South of Lancaster, PA. and we have taken many vacations to the Amish Country and even day trips as well. When my daughter was younger we would go up there to the Amish Farmers Markets and buy meats and other things and put them in ice coolers and drive home. There Meats, Pies, and Eggs are fantastic.

Wow you are right there almost in Amish country. How cool! I love the fresh food, the baked goods and the quilts! Nice to meet another person from PA. I'm from Philly. There's a few of us on here from PA! I've been in California for 30 years already now though!
Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #87
Planet Claire
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Wow you are right there almost in Amish country. How cool! I love the fresh food, the baked goods and the quilts! Nice to meet another person from PA. I'm from Philly. There's a few of us on here from PA! I've been in California for 30 years already now though!
Actually I am from Northern Maryland, but still close to Lancaster and about an hour and a half away from Philadelphia. I still quite a distance from California though. The Amish do make wonderful quilts as well as great and sturdy wood working items like Sheds, Playground Sets, and Cabinets.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #88
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Why I Am Cait is such a mess: Viewers are unsure what they’re watching

http://nypost.com/2015/08/06/why-i-a...how-to-fix-it/

"If anything,” says David Kaufman, "the show suffers from an overdose of the stuff. In less than 60 minutes of screen time, Cait shifts from Real Housewives-type fluff to Lifetime-like melodrama to 60 Minutes-style seriousness."
Old 08-12-2015, 01:13 AM   #89
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Why is no one watching I Am Cait?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...reality-tv.htm

Caitlyn Jenner attracted a lot of viewers for her Diane Sawyer special and the ESPY Awards. Is Jenner fatigue to blame? As Kevin Fallon points out, "I Am Cait was supposed to be the best of both worlds: a ratings success and a rare opportunity to class up E!’s brand. So far, it’s only meeting the latter goal."
Old 08-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #90
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

I read that even though he will be paid, Caitlyn is completely upset because he wants solid ratings. Of course he wants solid ratings. If he gets them, it could mean a continuation of his show beyond the 8 installments and it could mean more endorsements and more money!!!!!

Last edited by MichaelKeith; 08-12-2015 at 05:19 PM.
MichaelKeith is offline   Reply With Quote