Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV E! Cancels "I Am Cait"

Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
by Matt Webb Mitovich
January 31, 2015

Olympic gold medalist-turned-reality TV family patriarch Bruce Jenner for more than a year has been transitioning to a woman, with the journey to be shared via an E! docuseries.

Our sister site Variety reported on the E! series earlier this week, and now multiple reports confirm the presumed subject matter.

Bruce is transitioning to a woman,” a source close to the Jenner/Kardashian family told People.

He is finally happy and his family is accepting of what he’s doing…. The series will air when he is ready to be open about his transition” — perhaps as early as May, TMZ reports.

According to Variety, E!’s publicity team will be meeting with GLAAD to discuss how to properly handle the sensitive subject matter. “It’s in the very beginning stages, but it’s a go,” an insider tells the trade.

Among the moments already captured on video, TMZ says, is Jenner’s formal announcement to the family, most of whom have been supportive.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/31/bruce-j...an-docuseries/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 08-16-2016 at 07:02 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Vahan

This is what happens when those Kardashians get the better of you. It eventually gets to you.

P.S. As an Armenian-American, I am ashamed to have the same nationality as the Kardashians.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
Mace Dolex

So was Bruce secretly gay all these years?
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #4
Vahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex
So was Bruce secretly gay all these years?
I stand by my belief that the Kardashians are to blame for making him go the transgender route.

In my opinion, he let them get the better of him.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:30 AM   #5
veggie-tari-jenn
SARCASTIC COUPON PRINCESS!!

Good for him......hope he finds the peace and happiness he is looking for......I have watched and enjoy all the Kardashian shows, merchandise, etc....always felt bad for bruce.....
veggie-tari-jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Vahan, how can you say that? The Kardashian family are to blame for what? How do you know what goes on behind closed doors?

Mace Dolex, being transgendered has nothing to do w/ a person's sexual orientation.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Vahan, how can you say that? The Kardashian family are to blame for what? How do you know what goes on behind closed doors?
Exactly. You're either transgendered...or you're not. Implying that someone was forced into the lifestyle is insane.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
Vahan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
Exactly. You're either transgendered...or you're not. Implying that someone was forced into the lifestyle is insane.
Fair enough. I'll end the argument here.

P.S. Please do not take my posts to imply that I hate transgenders, let alone anyone of the LGBT community. I do not hate any of those people.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #9
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

As a 50 year old gay guy, I can tell you that I've never had the desire to be a woman nor to transition to a woman. Happy being a guy.
MichaelKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #10
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Diane Sawyer Will Interview Bruce Jenner about Transitioning
by Liz Raftery
Feb 3, 2015

Bruce Jenner will sit down for an interview with ABC News' Diane Sawyer about transitioning to live life as a woman, BuzzFeed reports.

Jenner, 65, has been sporting longer hair, fuller lips and manicured nails in recent months. It was reported last week that his transition will be chronicled on a docu-series that's set to air on E!

All of his children and stepchildren are said to be supportive of the decision to transition, according to reports.

It's somewhat surprising that Sawyer and ABC have landed the interview, since E! (the network that broadcasts Keeping Up with the Kardashians) is owned by NBC Universal. The interview with Sawyer will air in May, according to the New York Post.

Jenner married Kris Kardashian in 1991, and the two finalized their divorce in December.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/diane-sa...transitioning/
Old 02-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #12
Mace Dolex

Quote:
Mace Dolex, being transgendered has nothing to do w/ a person's sexual orientation.
My mistake, but I'm just curious to know and hopefully the interview can elaborate more on Bruce's decision to do this, hey more power to him, it's his life and he can do what he pleases but I just want to know what was the final straw that led to this?
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Bruce Jenner's Mom is "More Proud of Him Than Ever"
2/4/15
by The Associated Press

With speculation flying, Bruce Jenner's mother opened up Wednesday about his gender journey.

Esther Jenner, 88, has been besieged by calls from the media in recent days, but the widow in Lewiston, Idaho, isn't interested in fueling gossip.

Instead, in a wide-ranging, nearly hour-long phone interview, she praised her Olympian son for his courage, stopping short of some details that have been floated by unnamed sources online and in tabloids.

Bruce Jenner, who won gold as a decathlete in the 1976 Summer Games, has not publicly spoken about transitioning to a woman. His appearance has gradually become more traditionally feminine.

A publicist for the 65-year-old Jenner would not comment about his mother's remarks. Nor would E! Entertainment on word that Jenner will appear in a reality series about his journey.

Here are some highlights from Esther Jenner's conversation with The Associated Press:

Have you spoken to Bruce recently about his transition?

It was brief and I said I was proud of him and that I'll always love him. I never thought I could be more proud of Bruce when he reached his goal in 1976, but I'm more proud of him now.

It takes a lot of courage to do what he's doing.

He has opened up in terms of his gender identity, which he is now owning, as opposed to hiding like so many transgender people have to do?

Is that right?

That's absolutely right. He said, "Mom, I'm still the same person." He said, "I'm still going to race cars, I'm still going to fly airplanes and I'm going to get my helicopter license."

How did it feel for him to come to you and explain?

When I first learned about it, yes, of course it was a surprise.

In a lot of cases, families really suffer from that kind of announcement.

The family is close and very supportive of Bruce and we're supportive of each other.

Was it a shock?

It was a shock. It's hard to wrap your mind around it.

How did he explain it to you?

He said, "I want to be honest about my identity and I know this is coming out in the press." He started by saying, "We need to have a long, serious talk."

I am at peace with what he is and what he's doing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...im-more-770326
Old 02-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #14
Vahan

Kinda unrelated, but he was in a car accident just now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ocial-facebook
Old 02-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #15
Lexi98
Cory & Topanga 4eva
Forum Regular

I hate all Reality Shows and this one will just join that ever growing bad Reality Shows list.