Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000
Sheen may have only barely made it out of high school but he is smart enough to know that his freedom of speech ends at the point of not being politically correct.
Sheen's big mouth cost him a zillion dollar acting gig, cost him just about his entire career really. Cost him his marriage to Denise, a fantastic wife and mother, and quite the knockout. Sheen isn't smart enough to know anything. He's a stupid idiot.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #32
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Sheen's big mouth cost him a zillion dollar acting gig, cost him just about his entire career really. Cost him his marriage to Denise, a fantastic wife and mother, and quite the knockout. Sheen isn't smart enough to know anything. He's a stupid idiot.
Sheen got a deal w/ FX for "Anger Management" shortly after being fired, which now has a 2-year order until 2015.

He also had high ratings on his talk show appearances and various specials on "20/20" and his Comedy Central Roast.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Sheen got a deal w/ FX for "Anger Management" shortly after being fired, which now has a 2-year order until 2015.

He also had high ratings on his talk show appearances and various specials on "20/20" and his Comedy Central Roast.
You follow his ratings on talk shows? Sheen took a big hit from Two and a Half Men. Anger Management is a disaster for FX, in terms of ratings. What was left of his reputation went down the toilet. He's thought of as a buffoon by most clear thinking people. He was a talented actor; I'll give him that. He should have a career like Clooney, Pitt, Denzel, Dicaprio, Hanks, Wahlberg, etc., but he destroyed it with his drugs.

He prefers hookers to his children. He's left a wake of personal and professional destruction behind him. All the drugs and booze cost him his looks, to the point of no return. He looks 15 years older and wasted out. It's a shame too because he was a good looking guy. Like I said, he's a stupid idiot.

Last edited by Janice; 12-23-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #34
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

He prefers hookers to his children. He's left a wake of personal and professional destruction behind him. All the drugs and booze cost him his looks, to the point of no return. He looks 15 years older and wasted out. It's a shame too because he was a good looking guy. Like I said, he's a stupid idiot.
You're right. He WAS a good looking guy. His brother Emillio Estevez is a billion times better looking than him....maybe because he's not a drug addict. Anyway, I think Charlie Sheen is an idiot, I also think this Duck Dynasty guy is an idiot. It's the lesser of two of evils.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #35
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

The number of people who are horrified by the fact that spewing hatred against large groups of people is frowned upon is really disturbing. It's not an issue of freedom of speech and it's not an issue of religion, it's an issue of being a half-decent human being.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #36
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jesse Jackson Calls Phil Robertson “More Offensive” than Rosa Parks Driver
by THE DEADLINE TEAM
December 25, 2013

Jesse Jackson is the latest public figure to weigh in on the "Duck Dynasty" controversy.

In a statement to ABC News, the civil rights activist compares the comments made by the show star Phil Robertson to GQ to those made by the Alabama bus driver who demanded that Rosa Parks give up her seat to a white passenger and had her arrested when she didn’t.

These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago,” Jackson said.

At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jess...-parks-driver/
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #37
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Jesse Jackson Calls Phil Robertson “More Offensive” than Rosa Parks Driver
by THE DEADLINE TEAM
December 25, 2013

Jesse Jackson is the latest public figure to weigh in on the "Duck Dynasty" controversy. ...

These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago,” Jackson said.

At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jess...-parks-driver/

Jesse Jackson is such a a$$hole.

At least the bus driver was following state law??

Gee, Jesse, so glad you feel that way. Now you don't have to be mad at slaveholders any more, since all they were doing was following state law (in the states where slavery was legal).

Tell your boy Sharpton too... you don't have to be mad about slavery any more. It was the law of the land.

What a jackass. Wonder what his reaction would be if anyone ever made the above point to him?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #38
Tweety

I don't watch reality shows, but I did watch one episode of DD during last weekend's marathon. I was curious as to what the fuss was all about on this immensely popular show. I looked at the episode descriptions and decided to watch one that looked interesting...the ep I watched was called "Plan Bee", it ran Sunday at about 5:30 EST. I forgot about it while watching football and turned it on about 7 minutes into it.

It was actually a very funny show, I thought... their delivery of their lines and the way the women interacted with the guys was just really funny to me. I enjoyed that episode, but I don't think I'll be a regular viewer of the show. I did see that this episode is going to air again this coming weekend so i set the DVR so I can watch the ep from the beginning.

The left's reaction to his comments in GQ show that it is, in fact, the left who is intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them, and they'll stop at nothing to try to destroy anyone who clashes with their world view.

All Robertson did in that GQ interview was explain what the Word of God said regarding homosexuality. And from the excerpts I read, he also explained quite explicitly why he personally prefers a woman to a man, and said it makes no sense for two guys to, uh, "do it".

When ABC airs a TV show called "Good Christian Bitches" and Christians were offended, we were told by the left that if we didn't like the show, we didn't have to watch it. Fine and dandy.

Why doesn't the left follow their own advice in the case of Phil? If they don't like what he said, then don't watch the show.

I've seen an amazing transformation in the homosexual "community" during the last 20 years or so... they've gone from "just leave us alone and let us live our lives" to all of a sudden DEMANDING that EVERYONE approve of their lifestyle and behavior and accept it, or else they'll try to destroy anyone who publicly calls it what it is. You MUST like us. You MUST approve of our lifestyle. You MUST accept what we do and call it "normal". You MUST let us host the Emmy awards!

My advice to the left is: follow your own advice.

If you don't like Duck Dynasty (or Phil), don't watch it.
If you don't like the Bible, don't read it.
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
cleverfun3000

Freedom of speech ends at the point where you publically voice your dissapproval of man on man (or should I say man-in-man) sex. If you have a problem with it: that's O.K. Just keep your mouth shut or risk your job. Now you know what the rules are if you didn't know before:
cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #40
Vahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
The left's reaction to his comments in GQ show that it is, in fact, the left who is intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them, and they'll stop at nothing to try to destroy anyone who clashes with their world view.
On a right-wing blog (and you can take my word for this), there was a conservative who was so happy Roger Ebert died, he worked his hatred to him every chance he could with statements like:

"In lighter news, that leftist loser Roger Ebert is still dead. May he continue to rot in hades."

If you, and people like you, think the conservative who celebrates Roger Ebert's death is peaceful and tolerant, something is wrong with you.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
On a right-wing blog (and you can take my word for this), there was a conservative who was so happy Roger Ebert died, he worked his hatred to him every chance he could with statements like:

"In lighter news, that leftist loser Roger Ebert is still dead. May he continue to rot in hades."

If you, and people like you, think the conservative who celebrates Roger Ebert's death is peaceful and tolerant, something is wrong with you.
I don't know why you keep bringing the right-wing blogs up. I told you long ago that I read liberals celebrating Ronald Reagan and Charleton Heston's death. Should I condemn all liberals because a few go too far? Not all conservatives agree on all things. There are bad apples in every group. And for one thing I am a conservative and I like Roger Ebert.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #42
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan

And where the hell did Tweety say that the person who said that about Ebert's death is peaceful and tolerant? If, if, if. If you think Hitler was a great guy, then something is wrong with YOU.

How's it feel? Pay attention.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #43
Vahan

It was supposed to be in response to an earlier thing Tweety said to me in another thread that made me feel very agitated. He made it out to seem like a right-winger is never capable of being hateful and intolerant, when I just gave him an example of a right-winger behaving as such.

And this is the last time I am bringing up this right-wing blog.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #44
cleverfun3000

This is usually such a peaceful site. See what happens when negative comments against gays are made? Anarchy! So let's be very careful about what we post when speaking of those that prefer the alternative lifestyle. Even if you think it's filthy and unnatural, it's really NOT your, mine or anyone else's place to say that. Tolerance is a step towards peace.
cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #45
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000
Even if you think it's filthy and unnatural, it's really NOT your, mine or anyone else's place to say that. Tolerance is a step towards peace.
You have something that can't be bought...common sense!!! Very well said!

Happy new year!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote