Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #16
missy's pop pop
Hooray for "Hazel!"
Forum Regular

Madderest "Reality Show My ---!"

Just goes to show ya that "Duck Dynasty" is about as much of a reality show as a soap opera or any other scripted TV show. And don't let anyone kid ya...it's scripted or they would have bigger messes to deal with earlier!

Apparently reality is okay so long as you don't offend anybody!
missy's pop pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #17
Sophia's Wrinkles
Forum Regular

Freedom of speech means the government can't persecute you for voicing your beliefs. It doesn't apply to your employer.
Sophia's Wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #18
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Why aren't Phil Robertson's comments on race the real "Duck Dynasty" scandal?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...n-race/282538/

In his GQ interview, Robertson said blacks in the Jim Crow south were happy: "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle#OKCgLl8J9uL6j85u.99
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia's Wrinkles
Freedom of speech means the government can't persecute you for voicing your beliefs. It doesn't apply to your employer.

"Awesome" ends in "Me".

Coincidence?

I think not.
shotzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotzette
Mr. C, speaking as a former HR Director, you had more than a slap on the wrist. The incident was documented as well as your "slap on the wrist". It is now in your personnel file. Please abstain from future moments of poor judgement since it will be considered an on going issue and could be used to fire you as well as limit/prohibit you from collecting unemployment. Please take the "slap on the wrist" seriously.
I have...I also work at a church where my own pastor had BOTH his hands slapped! (He isn't my pastor anymore).

I'm still working there, it just seems that I want to quit before I go insane!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
McGillicuddy

Remember when A&E was The Arts and Entertainment Network?
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

I haven't watched A & E in about 15 years. Nothing but trash on it anymore.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #23
Vahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I haven't watched A & E in about 15 years. Nothing but trash on it anymore.
That, and I don't think most people seem to realize that Duck Dynasty is fake, just like wrestling, and just like all of Reality TV in general, except for a few like Cops.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
cleverfun3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia's Wrinkles
cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #25
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Cracker Barrel Pulls Select “Offensive” "Duck Dynasty" Products
by JEN YAMATO
December 21, 2013

The Southern-themed Cracker Barrel Country Store chain is the first major "Duck Dynasty" product partner to pull merchandise following series star Phil Robertson’s anti-gay remarks and subsequent suspension by network A&E.

Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture,” the company said in a statement.

We continue to offer Duck Dynasty products in our stores. We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation. We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so.

While Cracker Barrel has not clarified which offending items have been yanked from shelves, it is rumored to be anything that features Phil Robertson by himself without any of the other Robertson clan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

One day after announcing it was removing selected "Duck Dynasty" products “which we were concerned might offend some of our guests,” the Lebanon, Tenn-based Cracker Barrel Country Store chain apologized for the move this morning and announced this morning it was returning those products to its lineup after hearing from “many of our loyal customers.

Quote:
Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain "Duck Dynasty" items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we’ve done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our "Duck Dynasty" products back in our stores. And, we apologize for offending you.
We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/duck...-gay-backlash/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 12-23-2013 at 12:38 AM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #26
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Charlie Sheen Slams "Duck Dynasty" Star: You Hurt "Dear Friends of Mine"
12/21/13
by Aaron Couch

Charlie Sheen had some choice words for "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson Saturday.

In a lengthy message posted on TwitLonger, Sheen referred to the reality star as "Mallard brained" and demanded he apologize for anti-gay remarks he made in an interview with GQ.

Quote:
hey Mallard brained Phil Robertso!

you have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine, who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do. well news flash shower-dodger, I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them. so, just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off, you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media beat down.

(I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)

your statements were and are abhorrently and mendaciously unforgivable. the idea that you have a job outside of dirt-clod stacking is a miracle. the only 'Dynasty' you are attached to might be the re-runs of that dated show.

the only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of your head. perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the army of scabies and bull weevils sequestered deep in it's sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts.

shame on you. you're the only surviving brain donor I've ever known. when the gators and Egrets kick you out of their hovel, you need to make serious amends to those you have radically offended.

on the eight day when I was whittling my cosmic banjo, I'm pretty sure YOU were the scattered dross I then used to light a fire and locate the nearest Andy Gump.

repulsed by you;
c sheen

Despite Sheen's words, Robertson has plenty of defenders as well. A Change.org petition calling for A&E to return him to "Duck Dynasty" passed 100,000 signatures Saturday.

Well known conservatives such as former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal have spoken out in support of him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...dynasty-667408
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #27
broadmoor
Forum Regular

Sort of ironically funny, Sheen's comment to Phil, "I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you," considering that Robertson has a master's degree from college, while Sheen himself is a high-school dropout.

Not that I'd particularly expect much sense from a degenerate Hollywood cokehead like Sheen.
broadmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
cleverfun3000

What good is a college degree that will not save you from being FIRED from a high paying job because you were foolish enough to talk against gay people? Sheen may have only barely made it out of high school but he is smart enough to know that his freedom of speech ends at the point of not being politically correct.
cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
broadmoor
Forum Regular

Robertson hardly needs either the money nor the good graces of the flakes at A&E. He's already a multi-millionaire (and was so before the series started) and obviously has the loving support of his family, who are sticking with him. Plus, he has the backbone to be standing by his religious beliefs and convictions, and not cowtowing to the fascistic PC thought police.

Sheen has his dope and his hookers. And he's a degenerate piece of human filth. I look forward to the day the scumbag dies from an overdose.
broadmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #30
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Duck Dynasty’s" Phil Robertson Breaks Silence, Defends Anti-Gay Comments
by JEN YAMATO
December 22, 2013

"Duck Dynasty" reality star Phil Robertson spoke publicly for the first time today following his A&E suspension and defended the anti-gay comments that got him in hot water with the network.

We are a bunch of rednecks from Louisiana, but I am not uneducated, I have a degree from Louisiana Tech. But this week I have been called an ignoramus,” he told a Bible study group in West Monroe, Louisiana as reported by The Daily Mail.

This week I have been asked, ‘Is this the first time you have brought up sin?’ I said, ‘Are you kidding? I have been traveling to and fro spreading this message. ‘Then he said, ‘Well do you invite yourself to go and get your Bible and tell people what you are now sharing with us?’ I said, “No they are inviting me.

Last week Robertson set off a still-blazing media firestorm with his comments in GQ magazine’s January issue calling homosexuality a sin.

I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,” Robertson said Sunday. Leading a prayer he said, “I will not give or back off from my path because you conquered death, Father, so we are not worried about all the repercussions,” without direct mention of A&E and the "Duck Dynasty" show.

Later during the church’s service, son Alan Robertson addressed the media firestorm swirling around the Robertson clan: “Well we’ve had a quite a quiet week, shot some ducks, done some shopping, ignited a national controversy.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/duck...mments-church/
Attached Images