Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #61
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahspanky
I dont know the exact episode. but i remember it had something to do with danny Blackmailing someone and mom found out about it. You can see Danny Rubbing his bottom afterwards after it happened.

on a website it mentioned a quote from mrs partridge "Danny you and I and my Hairbrush need to have a talk" and when the scene comes back danny is rubbing his bottom.. thats what i read off another site.. again no episode name

Mike

I am new to this website and forum. I already posted an answer regarding this. Someone else asked the same question in a different way.
Unless you are talking about a completely different episode, I think the one you are referring to is "I Am A Curious Partridge" in which Danny puts "over-embellished" stories about his brother Keith and about their mom in the local newspaper so as to get publicity for their band. Danny believes that publishing scandalous stories about his brother and mom will make people interested, but Keith has to deal with being made fun of in school because Danny stated that Keith has a rose tattoo on his butt and is turned on by women wearing garters, and Mrs Partridge has to deal with men in trench-coats approaching her because Danny wrote that Mrs Partridge is attracted to men in trench coats.
Mrs Partridge did not say ""Danny you and I and my Hairbrush need to have a talk" but something more like "Danny it is time you and I had a talk in the garage."

As I advised the other poster, go to Google or You Tube and type in "I am a Curious Partridge, " and you should find it right away. Only about ten or so minutes into the episode (without commercials) does Danny get dragged by his mom to the garage.

I don't recall any other time that Danny got spanked. He got away with a lot though his older brother Keith as well as his mom often threatened to punish him somehow.
um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #62
SitcomsOffline
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell
There was an episode of Good Times where James Evans spanked a kid named Eddie who was bullying Michael. It was played for laughs and it was really funny. But if it was in real-life, it wouldn't be funny considering James didn't have the right to spank a kid that wasn't his. I don't believe in spanking children. I'm afraid that it only enforces the idea that violence is the solution to problems. However, I do not judge people who do spank their children and I understand why they do it.
Well I'm not so sure about the bolded. It really was a different time back in the 1970s as far as what people considered acceptable discipline, at least in the black community.

My mom and her friends/siblings (who all grew up on the lower east side of Detroit in the 1950s through 1970s) said it was perfectly normal for the neighbors to give you a whooping when they caught you acting up, and then for them to send you home and get another whooping from your parents.

It was all based on the adages of "It takes a village to raise a child" and also the "Spare the rod, spoil the child."
SitcomsOffline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #63
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Chief Kaniski of Gimme a Break! has threatened to spank Samantha in "Samantha Steals a Squad Car" when she tells Nell and Chief (her dad) tells her about her day when Nell and Chief argue over Chief's police cap. Samantha tells her dad that she was called "a dumb ******" then says "how would you like it if someone called you a ******"? Chief Carl threatens her daughter Samantha with "...a spanking of a lifetime".

In the pilot of GAB called "Katie the Crook", Katie snapped at her dad saying "...why don't you get-out your rubber hose"? Did Katie asked to get spanked after being slapped by her dad?

And did Julie ever get threatened to be spanked by Carl? I know she too got slapped by him in "Katie Smokes" and she runs away to her grandparents.

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:16 AM   #64
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
I also think I recall an episode of the Patty Duke show in which she had to baby sit a badly behaved boy and somehow Patty got the kid to unknowingly play a trick on his own father whom then spanks him.
Patty also spanked the boy in that episode in addition to his father.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #65
um
Forum Regular

Also:

Anyone recall the episode in which Barney Rubble gets spanked by Fred Flintstone's uncle? This was after Fred talked Barney into dressing up like a baby and posing as Fred and Wilma's young son since Fred wanted to impress his uncle who was visiting from Texas. Barney misbehaved by pulling "Uncle Tex's" big cowboy hat over his eyes and then "Uncle Tex" spanked Barney who then turned the tables and grabbed "Uncle Tex" and started spanking him.

There was once a Warner Brother's cartoon featuring Daffy Duck but not any of the other known characters (Porky Pig, Bugs Bunny, etc ), or not as far as I can recall. And to generally describe it , it was some abstract episode in which some different characters from well known fairy tales, such as "Little Bo Peep" "Jack Horner" etc ., were partying in the night. It apparently was in a toy store after it closed for the night (or that is how it seemed to me) and toy dolls were coming to life while no one is watching and one female doll was singing a seductive song on stage. I think it was "I Don't Want To Walk Without You, Baby" and there was a fat man with a crown on his head wolf-whistling and barking like a seal and howling like coyote as he watched the performance. Daffy Duck at some point shouts for all the music to stop and then with a certain accent says that the music is awful and he spits on the ground and then talks about a different kind of music, I think something Carribean. I think Daffy was mimicking a certain well known celeberty of the time. But as far as the man with a crown, some woman shouts "Henry!!!" and it seems at first that it is the wife of the man with a crown on his head (who by this time is apparently "King Henry") but then the man then says "Coming mother!" which makes it apparent that the woman calling him is his mother not wife. And when the man finally comes to his mother, she bends him over the balcony where she is standing and then proceeds to give his very large butt a good spanking. I recall she said "How many times have I told you not to.." but then some crooner starts singing ( a cartoon representation of some famous crooner of the time) and the woman stops spanking her son and says "Frankie" and faints.
Anyone know the name of this Warner Brother's episode? It is not "What's Opera Doc?" but it was presented in a similar way.

There was a Popeye episode that probably a lot of you DO recall in which he spanked his nephews because they did not want to eat their spinach. But after they did eat their spinach, the next several minutes of the episode shows how the four nephews all acquired extreme strenght and they grabbed paddles and spanked their uncle Popeye in every possible way, such as having him lie belly down on a revolving chair as they each hit him on the butt and he revolved round and round as they continually did this. Also they had their uncle Popeye fall from the top of a building and as he passed each window below, one of the nephews was there with a pattle to hit him on the butt upward before he fell to the level of the next window below where another nephew was with a paddle to do the same thing. All this would really be thought of in a completely different context in this day and age from when this cartoon was made.

You also probably recall the Bugs Bunny episode with "Baby Finster" in which a midget escaped thief dresses like a baby and appears at Bugs Bunny's doorstep since Bugs Bunny found the money that Finster stole. Eventually Bugs finds out that the baby is actually an escaped criminal and ends up spanking him after doing things like putting him in the washer for touching the "dirty money" and throwing him up high so that he hits the ceiling.

This might be one that is tough for most to recall: A British TV show for kids on Saturday mornings sometime in the early 70s or so) called "The Double Deckers" featuring a group of kids who were "stereotypical" in certain ways. There was a white kid with glasses of about 10 to maybe 13 years of age who was smart and was the whiz-kid of the group, there was a black kid who was the only non-white of the group, there was a chubby boy named "Doughnut" who loved to eat ( of course), and there were a few other kids mostly boys. There was a female of about 13 years named Billie, and there was a very young girl of about 6 years of age named Tiger. They were the only females among "The Double Deckers." On one episode Doughnut was being a pest to the others in the group as well to other people, and it got to where Doughnut thought he drank a magic potion that was made by the "whiz kid" that would make anyone invisible who drinks it, and the others of the group pretended not to see Doughnut and had him play a trick on two men because the gang made Doughnut think that no one can see him but then the two men get a hold of Doughnut and they have him bend over and they both grab paddles and simpultaneously start spanking him. But then it turns out that it is a dream that Doughnut had.

I also recall an episode of "My Three Sons" in which "Earnie" is put to baby-sit "Dodie" but Earnie lets Dodie go out when he was not supposed to and he himself sneaks out a window to go with some friends, and eventually Earnie is reprimanded by Fred McMurray and by Dodie's mom for letting Dodie go out to visit her friend who lives several blocks away. The indication is that Dodie is going to get spanked and she expects it and evven thinks she deserves it, and pretty much the same with Earnie but eventually Dodie's mom just lectures her on how she herself did something when she was a little girl and was spanked but that she does not intend to spank her (Dodie). . Then there is this scene in the entier episode in which Dodie is dreaming of how it would be if the tables were turned around and she and Earnie were in charge of the adults and it is in a very exaggerated way that the roles are reversed and Fred McMurray's character is supposed to baby-sit Dodie's mom and I recall that Dodie is reprimanding Fred McMurray for letting her mom go out to visit a friend. Dodie asks McMurray "Which friend did she go out to visit?" Fred McMurray mentions the friends name, I think "Katie" and Dodie says, "Katie lives in Pittsburg."

There was a show in which Danny Thomas played the father of a very young girl not much older than about 6 years old. I am not sure if it was "The Danny Thomas Show" or maybe something like "Make Room For Daddy." I don't recall the name of the young girl but in one episode, she was talking a lot about an adult friend of hers who is some 6 feet tall (or so) and wears a very long Cossack-like coat. Danny Thomas' character thinks that the girl is making up stories and at first, Danny Thomas' character tries child psychology and tries spending more time with the kid and in one scene he is dressed in a baby bonnet and lets his daughter treat him like a doll of hers and the young girl hits him on the head with a pillow for crying too much but the girl still does not stop talking about her 6 foot tall friend and eventually Danny Thomas decides that it is necessary to spank the girl to set her straight and he calls the girl over and the girl knows that she is going to get punished so she very corageously brings over the hair brush and sets up the chair for her dad to sit on and place her on his lap and she willingly bends herself over his knee but Danny Thomas' character cant bring himself to do it and the girl keeps saying things that prevents him from giving the first swat . I vividly recall she said something like "I am little and you might break me" to which the audience laughed loudly. And then when Danny Thomas seemed most ready to deliver the first swat, the girl says "Fire one" to the which the audience also laughed loudly. (Of course it was probably a laugh track). Danny Thomas' character eventually just gets up and says something to the effect that it is impossible to spank kids now-a-days because you are made to feel too guilty about it. But then ultimately what happens is that the dororbell rings and the young girl goes to answer it and then she brings in her 6 foot tall friend in a Cossack-like coat and Danny Tomas sees that his daughter's friend is real and he has a very relieved and surprised look on his face and he shakes hands with the man and seems to realize that he himself was wrong for not believing his daughter and also he seems to think that he joined his daugheter in being childish by imagining such a person but nevertheless he realizes that he should not have been angry with his daughter and he realizes that he should be punished so he asks the 6-foot tall man in Cossack-like coat to sit down and after the man does, Danny Thomas gives the man the hair brush and then lies belly down on the man's lap and says "Fire one" meaning that he wants his daughter's friend to spank him for being a dumb dad.

Then there was one episode in the Courtship of Eddie's Father in which their housekeeper Ms. Livingston swatted Eddie for doing something he should not have done and Eddie told his dad about it thinking that his dad would reprimand Ms Livingston but Eddie's dad told Eddie that it was for his own good but later in the show, Eddie tries to fly a kite from out the window and his dad catches him doing it and then grabs him and swats him on the behind, and Eddie soys to his dad something to the effect that if he loved him he would not hit him, but his dad says that he hit him because he loves him and does not want him to do anything dangerous. By the end of the show, Eddie understands and tells his dad that he does think that he is his best friend after all.

Of course some of the descriptions of the scenes in these episodes may not be so exact.. I was much younger when I saw these episodes. Many I was not able to find in You Tube .

If I think of any more I might ask about them or describe them.

Hopefully someone will recall the episode name and be able to state whether it is in You Tube or somewhere else in the internet.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #66
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

^Speaking of cartoons...in the Donald Duck Cartoon "Bellboy Donald", which is my favorite DD cartoon...Pete Jr. gets spanked in the end after getting taking advantage of Donald because he can't get angry with the guests since many complained about him in the beginning of the cartoon.

And yes...Pete Jr. deserved it!

Back to sitcoms...there was an ep of "Yes, Dear" where one of the parents spank their child for bad behavior.
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #67
bgva
Forum Regular

Years ago, I remember watching a Dobie Gillis rerun on Nick at Nite, and there's an episode where Dobie tells some lie (I think he pretends to be dying), and his father puts him over his knee for a spanking.

I remember an episode of Desperate Housewives where Lynette slapped Kayla. It was deserved, and I remember being pretty surprised that something like that was still allowed on TV. This was about 2008.

In the "Bicycle Man" episode of Diff'rent Strokes, Mr. Drummond says he plans to give Arnold a "hand to butt" talk.
bgva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #68
um
Forum Regular

I posted elsewhere on sitcomsonline.com about this , but it is a bit relevant here.
Of course Dezi Arnaz famously spanked Lucy Ball, but there was an episode of Here's Lucy in which Lucy Carter wanted to meet Lucielle Ball who , at the time, just finished making the musical, "Mame." This was the early 70s.
Lucy Carter somehow gets into Lucy Ball's home or the film studio where Ms Ball is, and is so scatterbrained and starstruck that she ends up accidentally hitting Lucielle Ball on the butt with a tennis racket but by the end of the partichlar scene , Lucy Ball eventually hits Lucy Carter on the butt with the racket.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #69
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

In the Coat of Many Colors movie the girl playing Dolly Parton got many spankings.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #70
um
Forum Regular

I think I found it.
23:04

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdSJEaqh1Ps
Old 12-16-2015, 01:59 AM   #71
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

there was an episode of "McHALES NAVY" where McHale got so mad at an admirals bratty son that he spanked him.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."

Last edited by treky; 12-17-2015 at 03:21 AM.
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:19 AM   #72
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

once there was a 2-part episode of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES where this man and woman con artists try to bilk the Clampetts out of their money and in one scene in the 2nd part Granny spanks the woman. They don't show it but they mention it.
And in one of the early episodes-I think it's called "GETTING SETTLED-Granny tells Jethro in one scene to "go cut me a switch and meet me in the woodshed!" and another time she yells at him "THAT'S IT, YOU & ME ARE GOIN' TO TH' WOODSHED!" And she threatened to spank him 3 or 4 times in those early episodes.
In the THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW episode "Opie and the spoiled kid" a really bratty kids father takes him to the back of the courthouse and spanks him, and Andy threatened to give Opie "a whoopin' " once or twice.
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #73
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by um

By the way, anyone think that Mr Money's nephew deserved the spanking from "Major Fun Fun"?
Old 12-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #74
um
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=MrCleveland]^Speaking of cartoons...in the Donald Duck Cartoon "Bellboy Donald", which is my favorite DD cartoon...Pete Jr. gets spanked in the end after getting taking advantage of Donald because he can't get angry with the guests since many complained about him in the beginning of the cartoon And yes...Pete Jr. deserved it![QUOTE=MrCleveland]

Speed Racer had a much younger brother named Spridle . I recall Speed once chasing Spridle through the streets of India where a car race for young kids was going to take place and Spridle wanted to participate but was not allowed to . When Speed caught Spridle he said "You deserve a good Spanking and youre going to get it" but it was not shown to be carried out.
I think Speed threatened Spridle with a spanking before, and other characters did, probably "Pops" ( who seemed to be Speed Racer's and Spridle's father but I was never absolutely sure of it back then). I am not sure if Trixie or "Sparky" ever threatened Spridle, who often was mischievous, though not a brat.

Anyone remember "Tobar The 8 Man"?

Last edited by um; 12-26-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #75
um
Forum Regular

It seemed that at the end of the episode , " Me And My Shadow " Lori Partridge intended to give Danny a beating or a spanking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8m3ww43i7U