Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
themaninblack
Forum Regular

Default Norman Ladner

did the authorities ever find out the nature of the radio device found in the woods?
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
Kemistry
Mysterious Intrigue
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kemistry Send a message via MSN to Kemistry

I'm not sure, I haven't been able to find any info on this case but the detective in the U.M. interview didn't want to believe or hear anything else besides his belief that it was a suicide, perhaps he's covering it up?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
themaninblack
Forum Regular

they must think the public and his family are like so blind!
somebody was using that location for a pick up!
what would a kid his age be using such a device for?!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
DarkDante

I have always felt - and this is just basically a feeling that the death of Norman Ladner (the boys' real name) is somehow related to the death of Ives/Henry. Very similar at least to me.

Later.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
OriginalNightstalker
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE=DarkDante]I have always felt - and this is just basically a feeling that the death of Norman Ladner (the boys' real name) is somehow related to the death of Ives/Henry. Very similar at least to me.

I wouldn't be surprised, both of the areas were suspected drug drop off zones if I recall.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #6
themaninblack
Forum Regular

doesn't it seem a little odd that in bothe the ives/henry and ladner cases the victims were teenagers?
then again they did like to hunt.
it is a complete perversion when people who are supposed to protect us help out the ones who commit these horrid acts of atrocity
Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
themaninblack
Forum Regular

just watched the segment again...
the parents sent the cops a slug they found but claim they got a different bullet back!
rotten cops or what!?
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

Cases like this one really bother me. It's obvious the police know something and they don't want to help the Ladner family. You would think the cops would be smart enough to at least pretend to be working on the case. It looks really bad that they didn't look for the bullet. And instead of giving the family the wrong bullet back, couldn't they have said they needed to keep the found bullet as evidence? Of course the Ladners aren't going to give up! The stupid police are proving that they don't want the case to be solved.
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #9
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Someone made a comment to this case being similar to the "Boys on the Tracks" case. I Tivo'ed this episode and watched it the other day... that was the FIRST thought that came through my mind. They seemed VERY similar in nature.

I felt SO bad for the parents, having to sift through his blood and brain matter in order to find the bullet. Eesh.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
justins5256

I was thinking about this case today, and something occurred to me. Stack said that Ladner's wallet was missing along with a substantial amount of money (a hundred dollars?). Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps Ladner was there to buy drugs and got in over his head? In my opinion, it makes more sense than the theory that he just stumbled on to random drug smugglers on his land.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #11
Allierain
17-year lurker
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I was thinking about this case today, and something occurred to me. Stack said that Ladner's wallet was missing along with a substantial amount of money (a hundred dollars?). Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps Ladner was there to buy drugs and got in over his head? In my opinion, it makes more sense than the theory that he just stumbled on to random drug smugglers on his land.
Yeah it seems odd that he would have that much money in his wallet while he's out hunting.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #12
rovinggambler
Occasional Poster

I was a personal friend of Norman Ladner and drugs was not something he was even remotely interested in. He and his family moved from Slidell, LA to Picayune, MS (where I am from) not long before he was murdered (yes I believe he was). He always had a hundred or two on him even and didn't think anything of it. Sadly his father passed away a few years ago and I haven't seen any of the family around. The house they built near the spot Norman's body was found is there but I don't know if the family is living there. I would like to see this case reopened because I feel that Lorance Lumpkin was covering this all up. By the way, my friend and I was there when they were filming...pretty creepy watching this kid acting the part of Norman.
rovinggambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovinggambler
I was a personal friend of Norman Ladner and drugs was not something he was even remotely interested in. He and his family moved from Slidell, LA to Picayune, MS (where I am from) not long before he was murdered (yes I believe he was). He always had a hundred or two on him even and didn't think anything of it. Sadly his father passed away a few years ago and I haven't seen any of the family around. The house they built near the spot Norman's body was found is there but I don't know if the family is living there. I would like to see this case reopened because I feel that Lorance Lumpkin was covering this all up. By the way, my friend and I was there when they were filming...pretty creepy watching this kid acting the part of Norman.
Welcome, rovinggambler. Very interesting post. That's one of the aspects that makes this board unique, people who knew the person or family checking in with new details.

I'm shocked the father has passed away, since he couldn't have been very old. I liked his speaking style so that gave me a positive impression of him.

What makes you suspect Lorance Lumpkin?

And do you know anything about the radio device found in the woods? Or the speculation there might have been a drug plane land in the area, something that Norman stumbled upon by accident? That was a focus of the UM segment.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #14
rovinggambler
Occasional Poster

Hi. Lorance Lumpkin was the Pearl River County sherriff back during the time of Norman's death. I was only 15 at the time but my buddy who was at the UM filming with me told me that he felt Lorance was hiding something. I don't remember ever discussing what his reasons for saying that was but I wish now we had talked about it. Our paths don't cross much anymore...it's been 2 years since I've seen him. I need to get back in touch with him and hopefully we can discuss Norman. He and Norman was very good friends as well. We would walk to the little store very often and hang out with Norman back behind the store on the property his family owned and where he was killed. We could walk from our houses to the store in about 10 minutes. Norman would take us to an area where he had a target set up and we would shoot Norman's bow and arrow back there. He was alot of fun to hang around with...always a joker too. He would come to school with fake vomit and gross the girls out with it. Up until his death, we never saw any reason for him to be depressed about anything. Norman's father was right...he loved life and would never have had a reason to commit suicide. As far as the radio device goes...I never saw it but we heard the family talking about it at the store. I did see the bullet that came back (the one that was switched). His dad had it at the store and let me see it. Something that I forgot to mention in my last post was that his mom and dad divorced sometime in the mid-90's. It's a shame that I never really kept in touch with any of them after his death and only learned about the divorce years after they signed the papers. They were a really great family and I was shocked to hear about it. I can only assume that Norman's death contributed to the split. It has become a cold case and frankly, I've heard no talk about it in a very long time. One thing I do remember my friend saying to me was that he had seen a low flying plane...a small, crop dusting type plane...flying in the area of their land around the time of Norman's death. My personal feelings are basically what was laid out in the UM episode. Norman walked upon a drug deal and was taken out. I guess my friend felt that sherriff Lorance Lumpkin knew of the drug deal and did what he could to make it look like a suicide. I wish I knew more and maybe I will if I could make contact with an old buddy of mine. Later.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
rovinggambler
Occasional Poster

I found this online memorial for Norman's father if you would like to see it. Click this link http://www.heartfeltconnections.net/...TOKEN=30775146