Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #16
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

but The Apprentice gets old faster then Survivor does. i mean, The Apprentices' ratings dropped after the third season whereas Survivor is in it's like 11th season or something and it's still going strong. so, obviously Survivor doesn't get stale as easy as Apprentice does.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com

Last edited by EmoJoe; 01-26-2008 at 11:19 PM.
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

I think Survivor is just an overall more exciting show to watch. There's a lot more surprises in that show than there is in The Apprentice.

This season is somewhat different because we know we won't be getting an actual "winner" this season, because all the contestants are celebrities. They pretty much do tasks each week, award charities money, and that's it until the end. If NBC does decide to renew it for another season, I seriously hope they stop trying to add a twist to it, and just give us a regular season, with regular contestants, IN NEW YORK!

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #18
JulieSomoski

Who caught last night's episode? Was I the only one who thought it was the best one yet? Exciting, funny, and an overall GREAT episode. I didn't know it was 2 hours at first. I can say, it did drag in some points, but it was a great episode. I was shocked to see Vinny resign . . . if he didn't, I'm sure Trump would have fired that ass Piers or whatever his name is. I can't stand that guy, and was hoping he'd leave.

But, for some reason, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Vinny. He might just end up coming back if you ask me. For 1, at the end of the episode, anyone notice how he didn't say anything when in the Taxi about his departure? Second of all, if you say previews for next week's episode, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Wonder how ratings were against Lost last night?
Old 02-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
Who caught last night's episode? Was I the only one who thought it was the best one yet? Exciting, funny, and an overall GREAT episode. I didn't know it was 2 hours at first. I can say, it did drag in some points, but it was a great episode. I was shocked to see Vinny resign . . . if he didn't, I'm sure Trump would have fired that ass Piers or whatever his name is. I can't stand that guy, and was hoping he'd leave.

But, for some reason, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Vinny. He might just end up coming back if you ask me. For 1, at the end of the episode, anyone notice how he didn't say anything when in the Taxi about his departure? Second of all, if you say previews for next week's episode, you'd know what I'm talking about.

I agree! It was definitely the best of the season. I loved it. The amount of drama in that episode made it hilarious. Near the end, it seemed as if Donald was leaning towards firing Piers, so it might have happened if Vinny didn't resign.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #20
HugeTVFan
Forum Regular

TV

Quote:

It was alright, just sucked that nobody got fired in the end (I, like you, was waiting for Piers to get fired). And he didn't say anything in the taxi because it was a Sopranos parody--it parodied the final episode. I wonder how the ratings were, too.
HugeTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
JulieSomoski

Good to see I'm not the only here who didn't watch Lost-LOL.

The whole episode to me seemed like an episode of The Sopranos. Then of course, they have the Italian-mob music in the background in a lot of scenes. I loved the beginning, where they first got the idea of playing a joke on the girls. Then when Vinny actually went and asked the girls if he could join their team, i was cracking up. How could anyone be so naive???

I'll look up ratings for the show if I can.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #22
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

agreed, GREAT episode last night, by far the best of the season. it was exciting, just like old times, the boardroom was excellent, and i felt really happy for the women.

personally i wanted Piers to be fired because he acted like a jerk the entire time, not to mention he drove Hydra to their first loss.

the whole "joke on the women" thing just proves how different the celebrity contestants are from regular Apprentice contestants - while the regular Apprentice had a lot of crazies, i dont think they'd EVER stoop that low, lol. i thought it was fine at first cause it was a joke, but when they started to actually take it seriously was when it got out of control.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet JoeŽ
agreed, GREAT episode last night, by far the best of the season. it was exciting, just like old times, the boardroom was excellent, and i felt really happy for the women.

personally i wanted Piers to be fired because he acted like a jerk the entire time, not to mention he drove Hydra to their first loss.

the whole "joke on the women" thing just proves how different the celebrity contestants are from regular Apprentice contestants - while the regular Apprentice had a lot of crazies, i dont think they'd EVER stoop that low, lol. i thought it was fine at first cause it was a joke, but when they started to actually take it seriously was when it got out of control.
I think we all wanted Piers to be fired. If Vinny hadn't quit, I'm sure Piers would have gotten that ax. As you pointed out, he lead the men to their first loss (if they had concentrated more on the task instead of the joke they probably would have won), he's rude, his own teammates would rather him gone - he's like the Omorosa of the Celebrity Edition.

But, everything was exciting this episode. I also liked how we got to see more of how long each task takes. Instead of editing everything from the task into an hour, we got 2 hours, which was even better.

I still have a feeling we haven't seen the end of Vinny. If you take a look at the previews for next week, it's like part 2 of last night's episode. I'm already excited!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #24
JulieSomoski

According to Zap2it fast national's, it was fourth place at 9pm. Lost was huge, of course. CSI was actually close for a repeat, with FOX in third with Don't Forget the Lyrics! (how could this show actually beat The Apprentice)? And, The Apprentice was actually in fourth

The Apprentice improved at 10pm a lot, though. I guess we'll have to wait for Pavan's daily ratings to see how it did in total viewers.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
JulieSomoski

according to another site (entertainmentnow.wordpress.com) Celebrity Apprentice was a major disappointment, with a total of 7.79 million viewers, still subject to change. That's not much better than the LA ratings, which were about the same thing.

Surprisingly, Don't Forget the Lyrics!, for some odd reason, did a series high 10 million viewers. Strange.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
RoryGilmore
Always and Forever

Send a message via MSN to RoryGilmore

I enjoyed it. Totally wanted to see Piers go
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
RoryGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #27
showfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah, it was entertaining, but it all seems rigged. I"ll bet they already have a winner chosen - I wouldn't put it past NBC to do something like that. No one is taking it seriously, though.

I think the thing that reminded me of the first couple seasons was selling the hotdogs in the first episode. It was just like how in the first episode of the show, the 2 teams sold lemonade in New York City. It's a simple first task, just like it should be. I didn't like the second episode as much as the first, but I won't stop watching.

Hopefully, if this season actually does do well, the show can return to it's roots.

Speaking of "rigged," I'm wondering if anyone thinks they are "Acting."?? I've watched every episode so far and can't believe all the bickering and back biting. I mean, the "regular" people from seasons past didn't argue this much. I thought the last, two hour episode with Piers vs Vinnie was overboard. Vinnie was back and forth between the men and women and couldn't stand Piers. And from the looks of the previews, Baldwin is at odds with Piers on the next show. I think a group of fourth graders could get along better than these guys and girls. That's why I think they are all acting to add drama. Maybe the appearance by Vince McMahon was a hint that, "hey, this is just all entertainment." What does anyone else think?
showfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #28
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

yeah, like i said, the previous seasons had some crazy people, and some years even had a lot of drama/fighting in them, but not nearly as much as this year, lol. i think at least a portion of this show is fake (this season).
Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #29
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet JoeŽ
yeah, like i said, the previous seasons had some crazy people, and some years even had a lot of drama/fighting in them, but not nearly as much as this year, lol. i think at least a portion of this show is fake (this season).
Especially in that last episode. It was up against Lost, so they needed something to boost the ratings (only the ratings fell-LOL). It could be acted, but it could be all real. Afterall, they are celebrities, which is probably a huge reason why we're seeing more fighting this season.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #30
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

i dont think its totally scripted, but i doubt all of them are being 100% genuine. then again they are celebrities, maybe they really do act that way, lol.