Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Default Celebrity Apprentice

Did anyone tune in to the premiere, and if so, what did you think? I'm not looking for bashing posts saying it got old four seasons ago or that it "sucks" now. I'm just wanting to get the opinions of anyone who actually did watch it. I realize there may only be a couple...or none. I personally liked the first episode, and will continue to watch as long as it still entertains me. I didn't think I'd really enjoy it much, because I thought the arguments would be far less, and that it would be pretty much boring. However, I was completely wrong, because the trash talking is already heavy! The main reason I watch reality TV is for the trashiness, and I hope the future boardrooms of this season continue with it.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
HugeTVFan
Forum Regular

I couldn't agree with you more. It was a bit boring, but it was alright.
HugeTVFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

I actually tuned in - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Probably won't continue to watch, but you should definitely give it a chance if you've never seen The Apprentice before.

Can anyone say how much they hate Omorosa more than I can? I swear Ihope she gets fired real soon. She's just as crazy as she was in the first season.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
JulieSomoski

I am literally shocked - the show actually got 11 million viewers. Could this be the return of the Apprentice? I'd love for that to happen, because maybe next season we could actually see a SERIOUS season of the show, just like old times.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
RoryGilmore
Always and Forever

Send a message via MSN to RoryGilmore

I'm agreeing, it entertained me for an hour, replaced my empty survivor space, so I'll probably keep watching till they throw a ep that bores me to death
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
RoryGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

hmm, maybe i should start watching it again. ive heard good things about it and its not like anything else is on, lol. i stopped watching in the 5th season, it just wasn't as entertaining as the first 3 seasons anymore.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 AM   #7
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
I am literally shocked - the show actually got 11 million viewers. Could this be the return of the Apprentice? I'd love for that to happen, because maybe next season we could actually see a SERIOUS season of the show, just like old times.

I hope that it does return, because if it does, it means that I will have a job again with the show this spring. I was told that it was renewed again after the crew party I attended for the show back from Novemeber. As far as Omarosa...well just tune in and watch. LOL.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #8
Lodee

I thought it was pretty cheap of Trump to only give the winning chairty $20,000. And did anyone happen to hear what charity Gene gave the money to?
Lodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

i watched a rerun of the first episode tonight. i havent watched in a while but it was way more exciting then the last season i watched, which was Season 5 i think. it made me remember how entertaining the show really is and i was very interested to see who was going home.

that being said, though, it all felt like a big joke. no one was really taking it seriously, and no one seemed all that dedicated to winning. most of these people are like, F-list celebrities so they probably just want to get their faces out there. sure it was entertaining but it seems pointless, and the whole charm of being the next Apprentice is gone.

so overall, it was alright, just seemingly pointless, although it was admittetely entertaining.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet JoeŽ
i watched a rerun of the first episode tonight. i havent watched in a while but it was way more exciting then the last season i watched, which was Season 5 i think. it made me remember how entertaining the show really is and i was very interested to see who was going home.

that being said, though, it all felt like a big joke. no one was really taking it seriously, and no one seemed all that dedicated to winning. most of these people are like, F-list celebrities so they probably just want to get their faces out there. sure it was entertaining but it seems pointless, and the whole charm of being the next Apprentice is gone.

so overall, it was alright, just seemingly pointless, although it was admittetely entertaining.
Yeah, it was entertaining, but it all seems rigged. I"ll bet they already have a winner chosen - I wouldn't put it past NBC to do something like that. No one is taking it seriously, though.

I think the thing that reminded me of the first couple seasons was selling the hotdogs in the first episode. It was just like how in the first episode of the show, the 2 teams sold lemonade in New York City. It's a simple first task, just like it should be. I didn't like the second episode as much as the first, but I won't stop watching.

Hopefully, if this season actually does do well, the show can return to it's roots.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
RoryGilmore
Always and Forever

yeah the making comericals didnt hold me too well but I'm still gonna watch this week
Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

is anyone still watching this?

personally, i think its getting more and more boring as it goes on, this past episode was particularly painful. there isnt really an element of suspense anymore. i mean, even the boardroom is kind of blah. its all rushed and...not that exciting, like it used to be. i also hate that the other team can see whats going on in the boardroom. it just seems...cheesy. the first episode was good, but the other ones have kind of sucked. the one where Gene Simmons was fired wasnt too bad though.

personally, i think they just need to shuffle the teams now - cause its obvious the women arent going to win unless they dump Omorosa, which they wont do cause that'll effect the ratings, greatly.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet JoeŽ
is anyone still watching this?

personally, i think its getting more and more boring as it goes on, this past episode was particularly painful. there isnt really an element of suspense anymore. i mean, even the boardroom is kind of blah. its all rushed and...not that exciting, like it used to be. i also hate that the other team can see whats going on in the boardroom. it just seems...cheesy. the first episode was good, but the other ones have kind of sucked. the one where Gene Simmons was fired wasnt too bad though.

personally, i think they just need to shuffle the teams now - cause its obvious the women arent going to win unless they dump Omorosa, which they wont do cause that'll effect the ratings, greatly.
Yeah, it is getting more and more boring, but I still plan to watch until the end now. The only reason it's predictable is because the guys keep winning every challenge. They'll probably shuffle the teams around this week, because don't the guys have double the people that that women have?

It's still getting around 9-10 million, which is better than last season's 6-7 million. I don't know what else they can do to make the show exciting, though.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

i think it's just lost that element of suspense it had - whether it's because the celebrity version just isn't interesting, or because the concept is just stale, i don't know. i mean, 7 seasons is a long time for a reality show that never really changed its format (save the disastarous LA season).
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
RoryGilmore
Always and Forever

I dont know how many seasons has Survivor lasted? People are still watcing it and they have their new season starting in 2 week.