Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #76
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
It wasn't. Actually, if my memory holds up, I believe the one who mentioned it for the first time was Sheila Kimmel, Lisa's mother. She used to post on these boards (user name Shek, I think.) Very nice lady who certainly did not deserve what happened to her.

I remember being very shocked to hear about the Eaton connection. The more I learn about him, the more I'm convinced he's involved.

EDIT: Heh. I didn't realize this was the same thread where Shek puts forth the Eaton theory. Good to see my memory is intact. Somewhat.
I hope she's doing well today. I remember she mentioned that she'd had a stroke recently (in the last couple of years).
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #77
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

It sounds like both Amy and Steve had a variety of part-time jobs. Besides the outdoor equipment store, Amy worked at the fitness center when she went missing and she'd worked as a server at a local grill. Bill Sniffin, the former editor of the local Wyoming State Journal, mentioned that Amy worked for the paper as a part-time photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRaaa
I recently watched Amy's case on Disappeared and have a few observations:

-Steve is most definitely a grade-A douche, but I don't think he killed his wife. There is a semi-decent alibi, no "other woman" that we know of, no life insurance policy, etc. Plus, Amy seemed to allow him to kind of do whatever he wanted, so I don't think Amy was crimping his lifestyle or anything.

-Steve did not appear on Disappeared....also his really-freakin'-weird 911 call to report Amy missing, compared to his general jerk-ish behavior, would definitely give investigators reason to suspect him. If they did have tunnel vision, I can't say that I'd blame them too badly...after all, a wife goes missing, husband is a narcissistic weirdo, husband displays a bunch of odd behavior, etc...not difficult to see why tunnel vision might happen in this case.
I agree with this. I don't think that Steve was involved in his wife's disappearance, but his overall behavior, both during the marriage (the bruises on Amy and her explanation for them) and after she disappeared, understandably put him on the radar with investigators.

I wish we knew more about the gray truck that was seen further on the road from Amy's car. The Eaton connection is possible, but probably he wasn't the only violent individual in the region at that time.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #78
wonderwall
Frequent Poster

As of July 24th, it has been 19 years since she disappeared back in 1997. I couldn't find any recent news releases/articles about the case--hopefully there will be a push within the next year since it is coming on 20 years. I saw a news story from this week that the WY federal appeals court ordered proceedings to continue in Dale Wayne Eaton's appeal of Johnson's order allowing the state to seek the death penalty against him a second time. Even though he has never talked about any additional victims (IDK if he has ever even admitted his involvement in the murder of Lisa Marie Kimmel), with all these appeals, I wonder if he will be more likely to talk? I really do feel like he is a very strong suspect in Amy's case. I do feel awful, though, for Lisa's family having to go through all these appeals.
wonderwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #79
DALLASTEXAN!!

Watched this segment again today. Steve is weird yes. In fact a lot of the segment comes off as weird. I'm always surprised with his being relieved when he found Amy's abandoned vehicle. I'm interested to watch the disappeared episode. Did not know of the Eaton connection.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #80
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

Based on the episode and on so many episodes set in rural areas in which the missing person turns out to have died of exposure a few miles from where he or she is last seen, the husband didn't do it. The witness who claimed spotting his truck had this account discredited when the phone company confirmed somebody placed a call from the house. Also, he didn't seem weird to me -- he seemed reasonably self-assured.

Finally, I laughed at the idea that the cops spotted sinister undertones in his journal scribblings -- as if they hadn't ever read a journal before.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #81
Steve_uk

A new podcast from the skilful Steven Pachecho, though nothing new unfortunately. https://youtu.be/Hedd1KbGMN8
Steve_uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #82
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I watched this again recently, and although I used to think there was something sinister here, but now I don't.

If we look at Occam's Razor, I think it is most likely she went out for a mountain run and either had a medical problem and/or slipped and fell and ended up dying by exposure.

The other possibility is suicide. They had a lot of big life events going on so it's not out of the question that she was pretty stressed. As someone said on another thread, UM really seemed to downplay the cases where suicide could have been a likely reason for someone's disappearance. The friends would always say, "He/she didn't seem depressed, so it wasn't suicide." If only it was that simple.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but Amy's husband remarried and now runs a mountain climbing store.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #83
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
I watched this again recently, and although I used to think there was something sinister here, but now I don't.

If we look at Occam's Razor, I think it is most likely she went out for a mountain run and either had a medical problem and/or slipped and fell and ended up dying by exposure.

The other possibility is suicide. They had a lot of big life events going on so it's not out of the question that she was pretty stressed. As someone said on another thread, UM really seemed to downplay the cases where suicide could have been a likely reason for someone's disappearance. The friends would always say, "He/she didn't seem depressed, so it wasn't suicide." If only it was that simple.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but Amy's husband remarried and now runs a mountain climbing store.
Any of those could be possible but I personally believe now she was a victim of serial killer Dale Wayne Eaton.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #84
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post

interesting take here,. I agree about the suicide statement. I tend to think she was abducted and taken away from the area. But it is not beyond possible that she was injured in some way (whether self inflicted or accidental) and died from exposure. especially in those elements. I think Law Enforcement had nothing and centered on the husband. Once he stopped cooperating, then they said well he must be guilty. the detective basically says that in the segment. we saw a similar situation in the orange socks segment. detectives keyed on the husband without any type of hard evidence other than a business card.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #85
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
interesting take here,. I agree about the suicide statement. I tend to think she was abducted and taken away from the area. But it is not beyond possible that she was injured in some way (whether self inflicted or accidental) and died from exposure. especially in those elements. I think Law Enforcement had nothing and centered on the husband. Once he stopped cooperating, then they said well he must be guilty. the detective basically says that in the segment. we saw a similar situation in the orange socks segment. detectives keyed on the husband without any type of hard evidence other than a business card.
She had no history of mental illness, which might tend to exclude the suicide theory. I also think her body would have been found had she suffered some accident. As for the husband, it would depend on whether his friend was covering for him, which I doubt after all these years, but if he was mistaken on times there might be a possibility that Steve had stuffed her body in some concealed crevice, though again to escape detection he would need time to ensure it would never be discovered.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #86
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I personally don't think this was a suicide. After learning more about fatal encounters with animals out in nature, I do think there's a strong possibility that she was attacked by an animal (mountain lion) which scattered her remains. I think that's a lot more "common" in these cases of missing people who disappear out in the wilderness.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #87
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
She had no history of mental illness, which might tend to exclude the suicide theory. I also think her body would have been found had she suffered some accident. As for the husband, it would depend on whether his friend was covering for him, which I doubt after all these years, but if he was mistaken on times there might be a possibility that Steve had stuffed her body in some concealed crevice, though again to escape detection he would need time to ensure it would never be discovered.
Yeah I personally don’t think she committed suicide. I have however heard of people committing suicide without ever showing signs of mental illness or any foreseen warning signs. Either way I think Todd mueller made some good points that I had never thought of. I also think you and thecars make good points. I had not thought of an animal until now, but that would explain why she was never found. If she suffered some type of bad injury she would have been at the mercy of other predators.

I think it was most likely an abduction if she was running on a well traveled path.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #88
WishfulDreamer

People disappearing in the wilderness happens all the time. But in this case, I'm inclined to believe it was foul play. She was on a well-traveled path (alongside the road), and I think some shred of her belongings would have been found had she been overtaken by some wild animal (a piece of her shirt, shoes, etc.). If I recall correctly, she wasn't running into the woods or anything like that, but on the side of the road where cars passed her. A criminal (such as Eaton) could well have taken advantage by grabbing her from the road after spotting her while driving by.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #89
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer View Post
People disappearing in the wilderness happens all the time. But in this case, I'm inclined to believe it was foul play. She was on a well-traveled path (alongside the road), and I think some shred of her belongings would have been found had she been overtaken by some wild animal (a piece of her shirt, shoes, etc.). If I recall correctly, she wasn't running into the woods or anything like that, but on the side of the road where cars passed her. A criminal (such as Eaton) could well have taken advantage by grabbing her from the road after spotting her while driving by.
I agree with you here. I actually just watched the disappeared episode for the first time. The experts did say foul play is most likely due to there not being any trace evidence. This segment is one I saw when I first started watching on lifetime in 2003. Wish there was something else to go off of. If Eaton did abduct her we will never know the truth.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #90
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk View Post
Any of those could be possible but I personally believe now she was a victim of serial killer Dale Wayne Eaton.
I wish I had gone back and read from the beginning of this thread before today. There is so much info on these boards for these cases.

I never realized that Dale Eaton's brother is the one who called in the tip to LEA to report that his brother was camping at the precise area that Amy was last seen running. I've heard on podcasts that there were bad storms that afternoon. the last person reported to see Amy while she was running actually commented that she was crazy for running out there in those elements and when they turned back on their route later they were looking to make sure she was ok, but never saw her again. the weather could have been a cover for eaton to approach her and offer her assistance. not that he needed a cover, but I imagine that she could have run away from him otherwise had he tried to attack her while running.

for me it is very interesting if Law Enforcement was tipped off about Eaton before he was arrested? Is that correct or was the tip given to law enforcement after he was arrested?