Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #166
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Wasn't there an autopsy, and wasn't cause of death undetermined? With such a recent death, wouldn't drugs have shown up?
The autopsy revealed nothing. In fact, the conclusion of autopsy according to the coroner being interviewed was he died of "instantaneous physiologic death" with "probable accidental" cause.

In other words, he died instantaneously, it was probably accidental, but they could never pinpoint the exact cause. They found no trace of drugs in his blood, and he didn't have enough alcohol in his blood to cause his death.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #167
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Wasn't there an autopsy, and wasn't cause of death undetermined? With such a recent death, wouldn't drugs have shown up?
Lester Adelson, who performed the autopsy, only tested him for three recreational drugs. This is stated in the newspaper article linked within this thread.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #168
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Oh, then maybe his new "friends" tested some weird new drug on Kurt to see what it would do, either to see if it was safe for themselves or would work on someone they had reason to kill.

Would something like inhalation (huffing) be missed in such tests? Death with that can be pretty instantaneous.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #169
rubber4532
Frequent Poster

Hey I saw the duplex in street view. It hasn't changed at all! I wonder if Susan still lives there?
rubber4532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #170
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

Nodsmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber4532
Hey I saw the duplex in street view. It hasn't changed at all! I wonder if Susan still lives there?
has anyone ever thought that maybe kurt died of alcohol poisoning? there's something like that maybe after he drank so much beer and liquor he finally just passed out and from drugs too and they tried to help him but failed so they dumped his body in the ravine maybe he died that way it can happen
curiousasever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #171
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousasever
has anyone ever thought that maybe kurt died of alcohol poisoning? there's something like that maybe after he drank so much beer and liquor he finally just passed out and from drugs too and they tried to help him but failed so they dumped his body in the ravine maybe he died that way it can happen
Yes, I've always thought that alcohol poisoning or a drug overdose were likely causes of death. Whether or not that was exacerbated by exposure, we'll never know.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #172
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

Drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Yes, I've always thought that alcohol poisoning or a drug overdose were likely causes of death. Whether or not that was exacerbated by exposure, we'll never know.
well it's obvious to me, how could he have died? unless he just fell out dead he was so young i just feel it was alcohol and drugs he was only 17 years old and more than likely his heart gave out they didn't know what to do they were to afraid to go to his parents so they basically dumped him in that ravine like garbage i'm only fifteen i watch this show with my dad a lot and i thought this case was pretty interesting i feel bad for kurt sova i just wanted to put my thoughts in an order some did they poison him? they said they didn't sense any poisoning or a sign of foul play he wasn't murdered was he? too bad he can't be here to tell the story of what happened to him that night all's i can say is the police has closed this case and isn't wanting to talk more about it it looks like they had something to do with it someone is hiding something susan is hiding something she knows she had a party.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #173
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
well it's obvious to me, how could he have died? unless he just fell out dead he was so young i just feel it was alcohol and drugs he was only 17 years old and more than likely his heart gave out they didn't know what to do they were to afraid to go to his parents so they basically dumped him in that ravine like garbage i'm only fifteen i watch this show with my dad a lot and i thought this case was pretty interesting i feel bad for kurt sova i just wanted to put my thoughts in an order some did they poison him? they said they didn't sense any poisoning or a sign of foul play he wasn't murdered was he? too bad he can't be here to tell the story of what happened to him that night all's i can say is the police has closed this case and isn't wanting to talk more about it it looks like they had something to do with it someone is hiding something susan is hiding something she knows she had a party.
Unless they actively placed Kurt Sova outside and he died as a result, there are few legal remedies to this case. Since both of Mr. Sova's parents have passed away, there really wouldn't be too many people left to pursue this. And even if they did, given the passage of time, the possible deaths of witnesses and fading memories, it's doubtful that anybody would ever be convicted in this matter.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #174
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

Heart

Quote:
Unless they actively placed Kurt Sova outside and he died as a result, there are few legal remedies to this case. Since both of Mr. Sova's parents have passed away, there really wouldn't be too many people left to pursue this. And even if they did, given the passage of time, the possible deaths of witnesses and fading memories, it's doubtful that anybody would ever be convicted in this matter.
like his mother said i believe kurt was dead on that cot when susan said he was sleeping in the basement they might have put him there for the night and then dumped his body in the ravine later that next day this case is pretty tough to figure out but i have some weird vibes that he just passed out someone is hiding something i can feel it, if only i can summon kurt like a psychic i would call him up and ask him what happened to him but i can't though. i just know that kurt is in a better place now and hopefully he's doing better now is it wrong for me to miss him too even though i'm not his friend and i don't know him?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #175
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
But the coroner (Lester Adelson) said that he didn't have enough alcohol in his system to kill him. I'm not sure how that's possible, given that it is a fact that he was drinking Everclear before and maybe during the party that day/night, but that's what the coroner said.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #176
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
But the coroner (Lester Adelson) said that he didn't have enough alcohol in his system to kill him. I'm not sure how that's possible, given that it is a fact that he was drinking Everclear before and maybe during the party that day/night, but that's what the coroner said.
While I have to respect the coroner's position , I'm not a big "fan" of his judgment. He states that Mr. Sova was in that area deceased for a set amount of time and yet never provides evidence on why this was the case.Honestly, Mr. Sova could have had an enlarged heart and that could have been the cause of his death.

It's too bad that the family couldn't afford to hire their own medical examiner have a more professional (and thorough) autopsy done.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #177
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
'
then it must have been an over-dose of drugs then, it had to have been something kurt didn't just die he didn't just fall out dead he have to have drank too much or exhaled too many drugs something happened to him and if it's not any of those then god must have took him at a young age
Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #178
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

Drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan77
This is for anyone that lives or lived in Cleveland: Do any of your local news channels or newspapers do any stories on the Sova family currently? I don't know if Kurt's parents are still living but he had three brothers. For instance, has his brothers done any interviews on tv on how the investigation has been progressing for the past 25 years?

The local police must not let this case be forgotten about. An innocent boy died & his family members deserve to know what happened to him.
does anyone else find kurt sova's picture a bit eerie looking just looking at his face? it doesn't look real i really did like this case but i'm a bit too chicken to look at it on youtube on my laptop but i would like to see it again on tv i just wonder sometimes if kurt knew he was going to die from drinking
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #179
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
does anyone else find kurt sova's picture a bit eerie looking just looking at his face? it doesn't look real i really did like this case but i'm a bit too chicken to look at it on youtube on my laptop but i would like to see it again on tv i just wonder sometimes if kurt knew he was going to die from drinking
Haha, yes for some reason I kind of get that feeling too when I've looked at his photo. I think it might be because it's the first case I ever watched (on a Lifetime rerun in the middle of the night when I was about 10, watching it by myself, it was probably 1993) that really grabbed me and scared me. I think I have a better grasp of what might have happened to him now but when I first watched it back then, all the scenarios of what might have happened really scared me and naively I remember thinking back then that maybe he was murdered while sleeping in the cot in the basement if he stayed there for the night (I didn't know anything about drinking, alcohol, or much about other drugs yet) and it might made not want to ever sleep alone in a basement for awhile, lol.

Anyway, I think it's a combination of how I remember feeling when I first watched the segment and combine that with the music/score in the segment whenever I've watched it again and that's probably why I feel like I do when I see his photo. And with anyone that's been featured on the show that has died, I often get this irrational feeling that maybe they're looking back at me in some kind of ghost/spirit form when I look at their photo.

Sorry, that was a long response to just one part of your message, lol.

I just wish one of the people named in the newspaper article (the one that's linked in this thread), "Susan" from the UM segment, or somebody that was there would just come forward and re-tell authorities or a media outlet what happened and tell us what REALLY happened to him that night of the party.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #180
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

well they are looking back at us in a spirit form of some sort, they just don't know us and not in our homes thanks god! but yeah his pic kind of creeped me out a little the person who portrayed kurt looked real but the photo was kind of scary it looked like a mask to be honest did you see his lips how big they were? i think it was because i too had a crush on kurt sova but was too young to know what was going on in the case thanks for replying to me