Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-16-2005, 12:48 AM   #91
stainedbeautie
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCrazed
Its out now! I cant get it until 4 though

Glad to see another Carrie fan!
thanks . I think the cd is more pop than country. But I read that that was the sound she was going for. But honestly from the first 5 songs I heard there is really little country to it. Nice to see Diane Warren's name 3x. I always love her writing. I think people are going to buy this expecting country and not pop/country. I just got the vibe that people thought all she could sing was country. This cd will prove them wrong. I can't wait to see the first week sales next week. I want to see how it compares to Clays and Kelly's. More Kelly's, I love competition, lol .

got mine at Kmart for $10.59 w/ the sales tax. Another reason why I never pre-order from Amazon, they are always somewhat pricey on first day cd's. I only saw about 10-15 cd's there. I was hoping to see less, lol. I think when everyone is off next week for Thanksgiving, Carrie will be in the carts of alot of people.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:54 AM   #92
stainedbeautie
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCrazed
I just got my CD at Target, they had 3 columns and there were like 15 out of 25 CDs left. I saw this lady put one of Carrie's CDs in her cart and I got really excited
Lol, I saw a young girl, about 15 starring at it while I was checking out. Alot of young people work at Kmart nowadays, lol. I wanted to buy like 10 and pass them out
stainedbeautie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:13 AM   #93
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

I'm so jealous!! I was supposed to get the CD today, but my dad didn't want to take me to the mall, yet he insisted that I go to Hollywood Video and rent movies instead! It's okay though cuz I'll get it for sure tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #94
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

I now present to you, Carrie's first day sales...

The sales are......

300-350k!!!

Which means this is the new ranking of the idol's debut sales...

1. Ruben
2. Carrie
3. Kelly
4. Fantasia

SHE ACTUALLY OUTSOLD KELLY!!!!!

Also, they said she possibly outsold Madonna!

GO CARRIE!

This week's so rankings so far are

1. Madonna (shes only beating Carrie by like 25k though)
2. Carrie Underwood (woot!)
3. Big N Rich

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #95
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Article

Quote:
BUt with CMA, Leaning towards north of 350

Article:

November 16, 2005

A pair of potentially big records from female singers from different generations streeted yesterday, with Madonna holding a slight lead over Carrie Underwood in the early going. Right now, the Material Girl’s Warner Bros. album is looking like 325k-350k, while the J/RMG debut from the 2005 American Idol winner is trending at 300k-325k. That said, let us not forget that the CMA Awards were telecast last night, with Underwood singing her current Country hit, “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” and the phenomenon that industryites have dubbed “the CMA factor” makes this race too close to call, considering said factor could easily sweep young Carrie to 350k or beyond.

That same phenomenon could effect a number of other records from Area Code 615, not the least of them this week’s #1—and the biggest debut of Q4 so far—from Kenny Chesney from the potent RLG stable. Look for significant jumps as well from the night’s big winners, Keith Urban, Lee Ann Womack and Brooks & Dunn.

The other debut that could get a kick in the rear from the CMA factor is the follow-up to the 2004 smash from Big & Rich (Warner Nashville), initially looking soft at 125k-150k, but the duo was whoopin’ it up on the show as well, of course.

Island/IDJ has come with an expanded CD+DVD repackage of Mariah Carey’s mega-hit The Emancipation of Mimi, which also contains her latest hit single. This gambit worked wonders last year for Usher, and it’ll solidify the album’s status as the second-biggest seller of 2005 (behind 50 Cent’s The Massacre). Early reports have the beefed-up Mimi shimmying toward the140k-160k hood, and additional sales on the old version could bring the total to 175k or so.

Columbia’s much-ballyhooed reissue of Bruce Springsteen’s 1975 landmark Born to Run containing a concert from the same year and a making-of doc appears to be headed toward 45k-50k, not bad for a $30 package.

The other 11/15 releases looking to do some serious biz are Epic’s Ginuwine, with100k in his sites, and a Green Day live set (Reprise), which should notch up 85k-100k.

The week just completed was a comparatively odd one, up by 9.6% (or a cool million units) over last week but down by 13.7% (or 1.9 million) from the comparable week of 2004. Reason being that week a year ago saw the release of Eminem’s Encore, which bowed at 710k. Hence, year-to-date sales are off by 9.7% (or 51.3 million) at 479.2 million pieces.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #96
David
mcphee.
Forum Celebrity

WOO! Carrrrrie!

v. 39 - katharine and chris

elliott, you rock.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:24 AM   #97
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Wow!! I LOOOOOVVVEE this CD! Before I bought my CD, I was expecting pure country (Other than the title track, which I think sounds more pop than country), but I think there are a LOT of tracks on here that have crossover potential. And to me this is a good thing...this is the kind of album I want to listen to before I go to sleep, kinda like Carrie singing me a lullaby. This is a great CD and I know after this, she'll be here to stay. GO CARRIE!
Karen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #98
stainedbeautie
Frequent Poster

CarrieCrazed, that article says she could sell that much. The actual first week sales won't be out until next Tuesday. The number mentioned is an estimated guess. Meaning it could even sell more than that.

Quote:
That said, let us not forget that the CMA Awards were telecast last night, with Underwood singing her current Country hit, “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” and the phenomenon that industryites have dubbed “the CMA factor” makes this race too close to call, considering said factor could easily sweep young Carrie to 350k or beyond.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #99
stainedbeautie
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Foster
Wow!! I LOOOOOVVVEE this CD! Before I bought my CD, I was expecting pure country (Other than the title track, which I think sounds more pop than country), but I think there are a LOT of tracks on here that have crossover potential. And to me this is a good thing...this is the kind of album I want to listen to before I go to sleep, kinda like Carrie singing me a lullaby. This is a great CD and I know after this, she'll be here to stay. GO CARRIE!
Some Hearts, yeah that song is like listening to pop about 5 years ago. That's not a diss against the song or anything though. I like it, it's catchy, but I would stay away from releasing that as a single, it's too pop. My favorites off the album are (in no particular order), "Wasted", "Don't Forget To Remember Me", "Jesus, Take The Wheel", "That's Where It Is", "Whenever You Remember", "Before He Cheats". The ones that stick out to me for potentially awesome singles/radio release are "Wasted", "Before He Cheats", "That's Where It Is".

Don't Forget To Remember Me, I think she should duet with someone and release it as a dueted single. hintMARTINAhint For the video Martina can be Carrie's mom *pictures a cute video* :P
Old 11-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #100
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedbeautie
Don't Forget To Remember Me, I think she should duet with someone and release it as a dueted single. hintMARTINAhint For the video Martina can be Carrie's mom *pictures a cute video* :P
I agree, that'd make an awesome duet and video!
Old 11-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #101
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedbeautie
Some Hearts, yeah that song is like listening to pop about 5 years ago. That's not a diss against the song or anything though. I like it, it's catchy, but I would stay away from releasing that as a single, it's too pop. My favorites off the album are (in no particular order), "Wasted", "Don't Forget To Remember Me", "Jesus, Take The Wheel", "That's Where It Is", "Whenever You Remember", "Before He Cheats". The ones that stick out to me for potentially awesome singles/radio release are "Wasted", "Before He Cheats", "That's Where It Is".

Aww no love for Starts with Goodbye?

Before He Cheats could make a hot video
Old 11-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #102
David
mcphee.
Forum Celebrity

i'm so glad she's doing well
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:20 AM   #103
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

I cant believe Ruben has the #1 Idol debut- where is he now? But I can see why he sold so many in the first week.

I caught Carrie on Leno and I loooved her song. Its my favorite song at the moment. I think Im going to buy her CD sometime this week [AI DVDs come first though!] and Im looking at some stuff on Ebay. Im starting to become a fan-- but shh!! dont tell anyone, I got a reputation!
Old 11-20-2005, 03:07 AM   #104
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
I caught Carrie on Leno and I loooved her song. Its my favorite song at the moment. I think Im going to buy her CD sometime this week [AI DVDs come first though!] and Im looking at some stuff on Ebay. Im starting to become a fan-- but shh!! dont tell anyone, I got a reputation!
It's okay...I used to dislike Carrie too. But in fact...I think I might even like her better than Bo now. But I said "I THINK," so that's not a for sure!

Which song did Carrie sing on Leno?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #105
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

^^Yay! We're pulling in more people! Hehehehe

Anyway yeah Carrie was really good on Leno, especially considering the fact that she wasn't feeling well when she was performing it.

And OMG...Karen likes Carrie more then Bo (maybe)

And I totally forgot about the AI DVDs, guess that's going on my Christmas list.