Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
25yeartrader
Occasional Poster

Default Original post deleted for the better of humanity!

Poof, gone!

Last edited by 25yeartrader; 08-14-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Agent 13

Cool

It has been my experience that the older the trader, the less likely that there will be problems with time frames. With a few exceptions, I prefer to trade with those who are 40+ because there are far fewer headaches in the long run.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13
It has been my experience that the older the trader, the less likely that there will be problems with time frames. With a few exceptions, I prefer to trade with those who are 40+ because there are far fewer headaches in the long run.
jen, im really old, got some spare time to trade with me??
Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
Munsters#1
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25yeartrader
Greetings all,

As a trading veteran of 25 years (Beta, VHS, S-VHS, mini-DV, DVD) and a lurker here since it's inception, I've been quite amused by alot of traders on this site (Senior members and newbies) who think they know it all when it comes to trading. It's quite laughable really. Complete sets, incomplete sets, badly recorded episodes, false advertising, not receiving your package on time, who's a good and bad trader, etc... I have more than 25,000 titles on 5 formats. I've even bought the complete inventory of 3 video stores that went out of business in the late 90's, so believe me, I've seen and heard it all.

The main reason I'm posting here for the VERY FIRST TIME, is one, I'm the most private of traders, two, I have mostly everything there is to have and three, I don't need to trade online with anyone since I already have a steady trading list of over 200 people that I trade with from all over the world.
It's not only amazing, it's incomprehensible why any trade for any amount of tapes or discs would take longer than 2 weeks to arrive. I shake my head everytime I read a post where someone states that it's OK for a package to take 4 months, 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, hell, even 3 weeks for a package to arrive. In my two decades and a half of trading, I always receive my package within 2 WEEKS!!!! Most of the time, within a week!!! I, on the other hand, go out of my way to ensure that I ship out a package so it arrives within 2 WEEKS, most of the time, the other party gets their package in a week (since I use priority mail and air mail ONLY). And get this, I have a wife and a job that requires 60 hours of my time per week. I don't have multiple recorders or dubbing machinary, just your basic set-up.

So before I go back into the darkness of lurking, remember this, in the REAL world called planet earth, regardless of how many jobs, kids, dogs, deaths in the family, etc...there is NO WAY IN HELL a package coming or going to the U.S., Canada, the UK, Asia or Europe should take more than 2 weeks. If it does and you're foolish, naive or lame enough to allow it to happen, then shame on only one person...YOU!

Buh-bye all,
Nicolas Drazen
What are you? Lord of the traders?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
falc04
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsters#1
What are you? Lord of the traders?
his post sounds pretty accurate to me...are you saying you don't agree?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Kalmec
Frequent Poster

Very well stated.

I typically mail packages twice a week, or if I do not have time, I have a friend in town do it for me. I take everything to a video editor for duplication, saves me a lot of time. My turn around time is usually 3-7 business days. That is unless some special conversion is required, which can take more time.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #7
25yeartrader
Occasional Poster

Exclamation Deleted because God told me to

Poof, gone!

Last edited by 25yeartrader; 08-14-2005 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
nannyfan
Forum Regular

In my opinion, some traders take on wayyyy too much and end up keeping people waiting too long. When I first started trading a couple of years ago, I "thought" I could not turn down trades - or postpone trades because I was afraid if I told someone that I need to wait - they might find the show they wanted from me and get it from another trader. Then I wouldn't have anything they wanted and that trade would be forever lost. I did eventually realize that I can/will always find what I'm looking for somewhere else if I let a trade slip through my fingers. I HATE having a pile of dvds in front of me that I need to copy. Even worse, keeping people waiting too long.

Sitcomsonline is turning into a giant "gripe" session. This board is not what it was when I began trading and unless people get back to trading issues and stop the name calling, the good traders are going to slowly, but surely - find other places to trade. I sure would hate to see this happen, so - people, PLEASE stop the direct attacks on each other - and get back to trading. It's ok for people to post their want lists, trade lists, good trader checks, bad trader alerts, etc. There is no reason to attack them just because you feel they should research before posting. It is not a big deal to look through the threads and find the ones you want to read.

Finally, before you shoot darts at me for pointing this out - think about what you are writing before you click on the "submit reply" button, re-read what you have written - and consider if you are about to contribute to the board's current decline in good, fun trading

Nannyfan
Old 08-14-2005, 03:10 AM   #9
down2ozz
Frequent Poster

again, i am a newbie, but nanny fan, that was the best response to a question or comment that i have read on here. even just since before i started trading on here and i was just checking the site out, this place has declined. too many uptight people taking themselves and their lists too seriously. there are many more shows that i want to collect, but it seems that everyone with these huge lists become all high and mighty and look down on people that don't have as much to trade. remember, you all started in the same place. i don't mean for this to sound like an attack at the vets. believe me, i look up to you guys. i hope i can have the lists that some of you guys have. it just seems that in the last week or so there's constantly one of the older people getting on the younger ones. this is a trading site. trade and have fun.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #10
phiberosmosis
Member Pimp
Forum Regular

amen RareTVonDVD